Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 9,277
    :o 4'x4'x4' almost and a whopping 1,800 lbs! :)

Oh yea, .1 ohm capable.

the watts it outputs?... as many as you will ever need. :p

inputs?... as many as you need. :p

I believe that amp is the biggest and baddest on the planet . B)

How much does it cost though?

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,987
    edited May 14
    ^^^^ Cost is astronomical!
    h8tor2wp8kjy.jpg
  • OleBootOleBoot Posts: 704
    Tony M wrote: »
    :o 4'x4'x4' almost and a whopping 1,800 lbs! :)

Oh yea, .1 ohm capable.

the watts it outputs?... as many as you will ever need. :p

inputs?... as many as you need. :p

I believe that amp is the biggest and baddest on the planet . B)

How much does it cost though?

If you need to ask.......
    5bn3elfizgmu.jpg
    A rare photo of the Omaha 5/6/1975 F4 Tornado. This is facing west across 72nd Street just north of West Center Rd. My parents home was about three blocks to the left of the funnel in this photo. My mother and younger brother were home at the time. I had just left for work at the Post Office about 20 minutes before it struck. My parents were very lucky their home only sustained about $10K in damages. I was working in the main post office building downtown and the supervisors didn't say anything to us college kids working until after 10pm. I left as soon as I heard. It was like a war zone in our neighborhood. Hard to believe it was 45 years ago.
    https://dataomaha.com/bigstory/weather/tracking-a-beast
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 2,341
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    5bn3elfizgmu.jpg
    A rare photo of the Omaha 5/6/1975 F4 Tornado. This is facing west across 72nd Street just north of West Center Rd. My parents home was about three blocks to the left of the funnel in this photo. My mother and younger brother were home at the time. I had just left for work at the Post Office about 20 minutes before it struck. My parents were very lucky their home only sustained about $10K in damages. I was working in the main post office building downtown and the supervisors didn't say anything to us college kids working until after 10pm. I left as soon as I heard. It was like a war zone in our neighborhood. Hard to believe it was 45 years ago.
    https://dataomaha.com/bigstory/weather/tracking-a-beast

Wow, that gives me chills.
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 1,011
    edited May 15
    I lived in Dallas when one hit there in 1957, I'll never forget that day as long as I live. I watched it coming towards our house, it was just a few miles away. My mother and I were getting ready to get in her car and leave, but It turned and missed our neighborhood. I was 6 yrs old at the time. My father was at work. It was not as big as the one above, if it had been the death toll would have been much higher.

https://1957dallastornado.net/

Some story that Cop from Omaha had as he followed the tornado to warn people about the path it was taking.

Yamaha RX-A2070, Music Hall A70.2 integrated amp, B&K 4420 Reference, Bluesound NODE 2i, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Technics PD867, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
    Milito wrote: »
    I lived in Dallas when one hit there in 1957, I'll never forget that day as long as I live. I watched it coming towards our house, it was just a few miles away. My mother and I were getting ready to get in her car and leave, but It turned and missed our neighborhood. I was 6 yrs old at the time. My father was at work. It was not as big as the one above, if it had been the death toll would have been much higher.

https://1957dallastornado.net/

Some story that Cop from Omaha had as he followed the tornado to warn people about the path it was taking.

It was a very sad day in Omaha. My mother and brother said it sounded like a extremely loud train running right over the house. They were in the basement hiding under the steps. You're lucky you were missed in '57. The Omaha cop at 23 was just three years older than me at the time. My parents had a large yard maybe 18,000 sf. Over the following two weeks the City of Omaha hauled 27 large dump truck loads of debris from the back yard. It was incredible. No electricity for a couple of weeks. On the first night the neighbors set up an outside bar (a large cooler) in their garage/driveway. Around two am that night I went two doors away to get a couple of cold ones. As I turned around in the driveway with the beers, a National Guard jeep pulled up and the guards asked me what I was doing? They actually walked me home, two doors away. Couldn't sleep with helicopters overhead all night. We made it through okay.
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 2,552
    Being from Iowa and Kansas I learned to expect and respect tornadoes. Now I live in a place where if we get to hear thunder once a year, it's headline news. Oh sure once in 50,000 years a mountain blows up. Big woop. I miss thunder storms.
    A bunch of modded goodies that sound "like killer sweet!"
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 26,053
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Speaking of cops and speed...

31d2b6vgvgfl.png

Speaking of which -- a famous and somewhat similar tale from some time ago...

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/favorite-sr-71-story-1079127041
    ...Somewhere, 13 miles above Arizona, there was a pilot screaming inside his space helmet. Then, I heard it. The click of the mic button from the back seat. That was the very moment that I knew Walter and I had become a crew. Very professionally, and with no emotion, Walter spoke: "Los Angeles Center, Aspen 20, can you give us a ground speed check?" There was no hesitation, and the replay came as if was an everyday request. "Aspen 20, I show you at one thousand eight hundred and forty-two knots, across the ground."
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,277
    edited May 16
    2119.7 mph. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :DB) But the SR71radio tech said he was reading 1900mph on the money. What a plane! B)<3 Go USA!
    5iqerkpni61o.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,229
    ^^^^ Beautiful photo Ken. Did you take it? Wonderful skills required.
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 7,146
    Thanks, BlueBirdMusic. Yes, I took it this afternoon.tytaqap4t8t6.jpg
    "They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,478
    I think you missed your calling Ken, that there is magazine quality. People get paid for photos like that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • NotaSuvNotaSuv Posts: 2,892
    miss the dogwoods..none down here in Fl
    udafgogorblb.jpg

That's pretty amazing shot. All the details and shadows. Nice shot man!
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,229
    udafgogorblb.jpg

It's so good I will post it again.

I've read lately about the lenses that are putting everything in focus in a picture - sometimes improvements are not improvements.

There's nothing as beautiful as the depth of field used as you did.

What type of camera did you use?

Harry
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 7,146
    edited May 17
    Thanks for the kind comments I appreciate them. I'm using a Nikon D750 with a 60mm auto-focus lens. My wife says this plant blooms every three years and the blooms only last for three days.

nwr795siwydy.jpg
    "They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 32,478
    Thanks for the kind comments I appreciate them. I'm using a Nikon D750 with a 60mm auto-focus lens. My wife says this plant blooms every three years and the blooms only last for three days.

nwr795siwydy.jpg

Sounds like my x wife. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,026
    My wife says this plant blooms every three years and the blooms only last for three days.

nwr795siwydy.jpg

My neighbor had a bush she called a burning bush and yes it bloomed every 3 yrs and the blooms were gone in a few days. All her friends would ruminate around it when it bloomed. it was quite the hen party...