Post a picture... any picture

Options
1…611612614616617…1153

Comments

  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 9,387
    Options
    Do you use this one on an S arm? :)

    y94luvqa97zl.png
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 35,555
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Picked this up of the freebie pile at NEVEC last weekend.

    51551407370_26cff8412f_b.jpgDSC_0514 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

    RCA WP-24A Isotap isolation transformer (early 1950s, give or take).
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 13,104
    Options
    What are you going to do with it?
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,439
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Probably still better than the cactus needles of the Victrola era, I suppose. :#

    nob1bfwwo1v5.png
    rcu94r6jdnh8.png

    I don't think they're good for too many plays before replacement's required. :|
    Well...cactus cantilevers are being used today. Here's a close-up pic borrowed from VinylEngine, member Delta667.
    0t3kr1s0bjgn.jpg
    Dmitry does amazing work. I think someone in South America sends him cactus needle stock. Peter Ledermann (at Soundsmith) and others have done this as well.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 27,884
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    What are you going to do with it?

    Put it on his racks with the 900other items.....

    His kids will return it from where he got it in 35 yrs.

    :D:D
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 35,555
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Isolation transformers (with several output voltage taps) are actually handy... so handy that... umm... I did already have one. ;)

    o3tfck54iw72.png


    I picked that one up because of that RCA meatball logo, age, and... well... 'cause it's RCA. I know this guy who's... a bit of an RCA fan. I thought he might enjoy adding it to his collection of... interesting RCA things*.

    Oh, and the price was right, too, you know? B)

    * Interesting RCA things like a pair of these, you know?
    (OK, the "super" tweeters aren't RCA... but the rest is)

    u6oh4bhfljw8.jpg


  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 13,104
    Options
    Every so often I come across a photo online that makes me think: "At least my setup isn't THAT bad"

    022e56be-e15b-4321-9757-ac5faeaf8abd.jpeg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 35,555
    Options
    so -- I have developed a taste for a blog called "Curbside Classics" in recent months.
    I've seen some weird stuff there -- some of it very cool (e.g., a 1930s Chrysler Airflow... truck design).

    In my email inbox today, though, was a heapin' helpin' of automotive cognitive dissonance.

    aoa8azv1ugx8.png

    https://www.curbsideclassic.com/automotive-histories/automotive-history-1980-briggs-stratton-hybrid-18-hp-gas-8-hp-electric-6-wheels-dead-end/

    I think I was vaguely aware of this... umm... project. I'm not sure I needed a reminder. ;)

  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 27,884
    Options
    Looks better than the K-cars.....
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 35,555
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Looks better than the K-cars.....

    I dunno -- a Reliant with six wheels might've been a force to be reckoned with. B)


    I was struck by how much like some of the Chrysler/Mitsubishi products of that era the B&S hybrid resembles -- remember the ol' Dodge Omni and its ilk? :)

    Brooks Stevens Associates did the (ahem) coachwork for the B&S six-wheeler, according to the post. :#

    epk6xw42arbb.png


  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Dodge Omni and the Plymouth Horizon. 'merica's answer to the VW Rabbit
    Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 27,884
    Options
    Yep those were hideous incarnations of cars.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,439
    Options
    Wow...has to be one of the earliest hybrid cars made.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 6,065
    Options
    I think it never made it into production after rear end crash tests would shower the passengers with battery acid.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre Upgraded with Mundorf Supremes
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)


    There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,463
    Options
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    117wlwp4nuz9.png

    If Sansui and Magnavox had a baby.
    Sal Palooza
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    All that faceplate (two headphone jacks with volume control, two microphone jacks with volume adjust, a built in timer, etc) and the AM/FM tuning dial is only 4" wide.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,871
    Options
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,871
    Options
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,871
    Options
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 12,001
    Options
    8dier1td1g4p.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

    “Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.”
    --Mark Twain.

    “If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.” - Steven Wright
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,758
    Options
    This was not like this 2 days ago. Bet next time the one standing will be downcixao6gki4cq.jpg
    f5s6rttji46r.jpg
    3arshpfaoo8n.jpg
    r2zc2e0v8l7k.jpg
    Randy-Maine
    2ch-RTA15tl crossover upgrade
    by David WMG
    Yamaha cr1000 cr2040
    HT-Yamaha Parasound Acurus
    MIT BJC Cs1000p Polk Rotation
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 12,001
    Options
    That beaver doesn't mess around! Must have a BIG A** DAM planned. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

    “Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.”
    --Mark Twain.

    “If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.” - Steven Wright
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,758
    Options
    This year up here in Maine I've noticed more down'd trees from those pesky critters. We have beaver dams that would scare ya. I hike deep in the woods in the spring for brookies :)
    Randy-Maine
    2ch-RTA15tl crossover upgrade
    by David WMG
    Yamaha cr1000 cr2040
    HT-Yamaha Parasound Acurus
    MIT BJC Cs1000p Polk Rotation
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,349
    Options
    @boston1450 welcome back!
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,758
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    @boston1450 welcome back!

    Thanks Did I go somewhere ? I was eye spying all along :)
    Randy-Maine
    2ch-RTA15tl crossover upgrade
    by David WMG
    Yamaha cr1000 cr2040
    HT-Yamaha Parasound Acurus
    MIT BJC Cs1000p Polk Rotation
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 4,370
    edited October 2021
    Options
    7i4jxikhajky.png

    Lyrec Frida tape deck