Correct Speaker Placement

Options
BBUBBA
BBUBBA Posts: 66
edited May 2002 in Troubleshooting
I was wondering what is correct as far as 6.1 or a 7.1 placement of side and rear speakers? I have them right now placed about 1 foot in front of me (the sides) and the bottom of the driver at the top of my head when sitted . rears are the same just centered in on the rear wall close together about 1 foot apart so It is all most like a center channel with two tweeters.

System
Toshiba 50HX81
B+K AVR307
RT 1000is fronts
CS400i center
FX500i sides dipole
RT35is rears
PSW350 rear centered behind couch
PSW650 front right corner
all speakers are in phase

I may switch the two subs around I think that PSW650 might shake the couch more. Plus no one sees that massive sub and says wow . all that out of a single 10":p
Post edited by BBUBBA on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited May 2002
    Options
    if possible, try moving your 500's directly to the sides of your listening position and move them up another 1' to 1'6". also, try around 5' or so between your rear centers (again if possible). waht are your room dimensions...

experiment and see what sounds best to you!

happy listening...:D
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited May 2002
    Options
    if possible, try moving your 500's directly to the sides of your listening position and move them up another 1' to 1'6". also, try around 5' or so between your rear centers (again if possible). waht are your room dimensions...
    Dam juice21! You da man, I feel like I am no longer needed at this site. You got most of the same exact advice as I. You have some solid HT knowledge. Only one thing --you are killing me with that sony trinatron 27" monitor. Holy cow may computer monitor is that size. My first tv was 27" and I was 16 years old. Your cs400 is larger and probably heavier than your tv. It has to suck to have a nice sound setup like you and the house is rocking and T-Rex is freaking 5" tall. Okay I am done. LOL:lol:
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited May 2002
    Options
    FUNNY MAN KICKING ANOTHER MANS PRIDE.....
    your just joking right????27 inch tv joke???I have a 27 inch tv in my bedroom wanns kick it??Its a sony as well.
    I have a 36XBR in my livingroom..gonna kick that????not much bigger.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    edited May 2002
    Options
    I forgot,
    I also know alot about theater...I do them all the time.I do it for a living......do you feel useless now???
    Now I'm just joking.......i'm done...LOL
    Dan
  • briancs
    briancs Posts: 193
    edited May 2002
    Options
    ha I have you both beat! 25" Magnavox:lol: . To rectify that I am thinking of selling one of my rifles. With my discount it should get me at least a 32":eek: . Now that would be nice
    The guy with $40.00 mains and a $700.00 subwoofer.
  • aaburto99
    aaburto99 Posts: 17
    edited May 2002
    Options
    You all suck. 13" General Electric is the way to go. I don't use it for home theater, obviously. Now stop going off-topic.
  • juice21
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by scottvamp

Dam juice21! You da man, I feel like I am no longer needed at this site. You got most of the same exact advice as I. You have some solid HT knowledge. Only one thing --you are killing me with that sony trinatron 27" monitor. Holy cow may computer monitor is that size. My first tv was 27" and I was 16 years old. Your cs400 is larger and probably heavier than your tv. It has to suck to have a nice sound setup like you and the house is rocking and T-Rex is freaking 5" tall. Okay I am done. LOL:lol:

i know, i know. i've dumped all my $ into the audio end, what can i say, it interests me more than the video end. the rptv will hopefully arrive on the horizon soon, although with a ring on the horizon as well, not quite as soon as i would want... plus i am on the search for an entry level 2-channel set-up as well (which will probably happen before the rptv as well). man, too much stuff to buy...:D
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited May 2002
    Options
    man, too much stuff to buy...
    I hear ya!!!!!!!
    Whooaa!Mantis mellow out. I do not think any less of you. Like it's OK to be itty bitty!!!!! Just a pet piev of mine in the HT world. I been to many theaters and most do not have very good sound systems BUT i have never been to a movie theater with a 27" monitor. "THEATER" gots to have the big screen. juice21 knows im just kidding around. ;)
  • mantis
    edited May 2002
    Options
    All In Good fun right??
    Dan
  • juice21
    edited May 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by scottvamp

juice21 knows im just kidding around. ;)

all in good fun...:D
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2002
    Options
    i went fron a 10 year old 20 inch to a 27 2 years ago now i have a 27 inch in my bedroom and a 20 inch in my closet