LSI Series

tjweeks
tjweeks Posts: 6
edited May 2002 in Troubleshooting
I currently have a Polk CS400 for my center. It is matched up to an old pair of RTA12's. The timbre matching is fairly good between these two. If I got a set of the LSI Series speakers, would the CS400 still match up (timbre-wise).
Post edited by tjweeks on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2002
    yes
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited May 2002
    Are you sure there won't be any kind of timbre change between the cs400 and a member of the LSI family?
    If there isn't ,that would benifit alot of people who want to just change out there mains to a better pair of LSI.
    I think there would be, as for one its a different kind of tweeter,different series,not to mention Polk made a center channel to match.But if the cs00 matches,why buy the LSI center,no need for it.You can save your money and spend it somewhere else.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited May 2002
    The highs would be where you might have a difference. The LSi series has a "presence" that might not be there with the CS400. But I say try it!

- Steve
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited May 2002
    Can't hurt to try.You can always upgrade down the road and start enjoying those LSI's for 2 channel now.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2002
    Paul had posted earlier that he demoed the LSi9's with a CS400i and reported good results. Obviously it isn't a perfect match but one that produces good results. If it is good enough for Paul, it's good enough for me.

I don't think using the LSi's with the CS400i would produce any more of a mismatch than using the RTA's

Big Dumb Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited May 2002
    yes, thats what i wanted to know is what kind of match the lsi-9 would have with the cs-400i and may be get the lsi center lateter on, or get one more lsi-9 , the only thing is that the lsi-9 are mirror paired. am i right about that.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited May 2002
    May not be a perfect match, but you can always throw the cs400 into the back surround position in a 6.1 setup...that is after you buy a LSiC of course :D

Let us know!