My system is installed.......bout damn time.....

13»

Comments

• 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited April 2006
    My experience with Tweeter here in town has been less than stellar. I have met a couple of guys from there that were very knowledgeable and on point with their advice. This is the exception though, as most of the guys I have dealt with there or witnessed others deal with, are shady to say the least. Here in San Diego they were known as DOW before Tweeter bought them out. I have been browsing in their stores for many years. I was hoping that their style of business would change after the switch, but it did not. I have had the pleasure of stearing a couple of people the other way while I was in there, as the staff was feeding them pure bull. It is not right when a kid trying to get equiptment tells the guy that he has limited funds, works at Taco Bell, and it has taken a long time to get his money together, and then the sales guy is still feeding him bull just to get a bigger sale. I do have to say that they carry nice gear, but so do other places here in town.....
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2006
    As far as being knowledgable, Id rather just do the reasearch myself. I went into Car Tunes here in Chattanonoga looking for the Audiocontrol EQS and got a whole bunch of ****.

1st off, they tried to sell me the EQX saying it had 6 channel input. I almost bought it too but decided to keep shopping around and Im glad I did. I got home and looked it up online and its only 2 channel.

2nd they tried to talk me out of getting a 6 channel (cause they didnt have any in stock) and neither the sales dude OR the installer could grasp that I had my speaker bi-amped AND had time correction on all 4 channels.

But the best part and the last straw was when the installer actually said, and with a straight face mind you, "you dont need time correction for your subs anyway because theyre nondirectional". For which the only reply I could come up with for that was sad-smiley-028.gif.

Needless to say I still prefer to support my local shop but I believe Ill be doing my own product research from now on.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited April 2006
    I am with you on doing your own research. The thing that annoys me is when the "audio experts" try to take advantage of people that want a somewhat decent system and do not really know how to go about doing it, and just want a little help. Not everyone can grasp all the little thing in car audio right away.

Some people go to the mechanic because they do not know how to work on cars. People do the same for car audio.

Supporting your local shops is a good thing, but they should also try to earn your business.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2006
    "hey you're affirmative wire is fried... that'll be 94 dollars please"