Anyone get their xbox 360 today?

Options

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2005
    Options
    lanion wrote:
    Sonys PS3 is going to be free online play, but the developers are going to have to setup their own service. This is bad for sony. Xbox live is really incredible.
    If you are exclusive to PC or Consoles you are going to miss out on a lot. Heck, even if you play PCs and Consoles but not portables you are going to miss out on a lot. One way or another is fine, but I'm more into video game culture than sound culture, so I gotta have it all.

What do you mean? All titles that sell well on a console get formatted to the PC and vice versa. If you want the most bang for your buck, you're getting it in the PC. By no means do I think that it should mean shying away from a console....because I intend to have them all now. :D The thing I like about the console is that it can be played with more comfort and with a bunch of friends in the same room. The same can't really be said for the PC unless you're playing with friends all over the world or having a LAN party. PC still has the most top notch titles.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Grimster74 wrote:
    Hey fellow forum members, this probally is old news but I figured I'd post it anyways, December 18 seems to be the next release date on shipments for the XBOX 360, atleast at BB. Click the link below and it will tell you how many the stores will have on hand. The stores are listed by the store number. I'll be there when the store opens. Hopefully not many other people will be there. :eek:

http://xbox2news.com/news3.php?subaction=showfull&id=1134277082&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

Must. Resist. Temptation.

Are they going to sell those ridiculous 'package deals' or are you going to be able to get the console + 1 game or something reasonable like that? I don't want to buy the console and 4 games I don't really want just to have the system.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited December 2005
    Options
    if you are to wait in line it may be feasible to have a friend wait atop an adjacent building with sniping equipment to get you to the front in a rapid manner.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Grimster74 wrote:
    Hey fellow forum members, this probally is old news but I figured I'd post it anyways, December 18 seems to be the next release date on shipments for the XBOX 360, atleast at BB. Click the link below and it will tell you how many the stores will have on hand. The stores are listed by the store number. I'll be there when the store opens. Hopefully not many other people will be there. :eek:

http://xbox2news.com/news3.php?subaction=showfull&id=1134277082&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

Costco's have been getting large shipments in. You might try there. Targets have been getting a handful. I think it is unlikely you will get one at BB unless you are camping Saturday night.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Sams Club has/had them... My sister in-law is a manager there and told me. They got some in today.. 12-16

And i got one :D for resale unfortunatly
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited December 2005
    Options
    faster100 wrote:
    And i got one :D for resale unfortunatly

aww..not you too, Cliff!

BB online has these available for barely 5 minutes, before they sold out again. What a scam!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Yeah, I ordered mine online this morning at 7:55 a.m., within seconds of ordering, they sold out. But here is my problem now, when I check the status of my order, the website says it is backordered, what gives?
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • polkatese
    edited December 2005
    Options
    One theory was they put everyone on backorder status, since there are 10,000 ordered, but only 1,500 available. So, they are going to start shipping them tomorrow, and first come first serve to the first 1500, and the
    rest? yep, until the next shipment!

Btw, if you are wondering, no, I was not one of the 10,000 buyers within those 5 minutes opening, from this morning. I am still on the fence, waiting for Santa to get me one. Literally!
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited December 2005
    Options
    My cousin works at target he says they are only getting a shipment about every two weeks for the xbox 360 and they are only recieving 5 consoles at the time. So don't be in any hurry to get one.
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited December 2005
    Options
    what's an "X BOX" ?
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited December 2005
    Options
    aaharvel wrote:
    what's an "X BOX" ?
    And how the hell does it sound? Does it use tubes?
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • Grimster74
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Just got my tracking number from BB, the XBOX 360 is on its way.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2005
    Options
    My son wants one but I'm clueless about these things.
    Can the basic XBOX360 be upgraded or is it a bare bones system that cannot be upgraded?
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • faster100
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Frank, far as i know.. you can get the CORE system and add the hard drive.. the rest is external stuff..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2005
    Options
    faster100 wrote:
    Frank, far as i know.. you can get the CORE system and add the hard drive.. the rest is external stuff..

Yes, you can, and I did, add the hard drive on later to the core unit. There is no functional difference between the premium and the core unit that can't be made up later by purchasing the different hardware accesories (hard drive, wireless controllers, headset, component cables.)
  • faster100
    edited December 2005
    Options
    is thier an echo in here.. :D
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • howie777
    howie777 Posts: 357
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Just a note, taking the core system and upgrading cost a lot more than just dishing out the extra $100 for the premium set. The hard drive alone is $99. I think you end up with $240 worth of add-ons in the premium system for the $100 price bump including a wireless controller instead of the wired ones.

H
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Moot point right now, there ae none to be had locally. We'll probably just wait for the PS3.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I wish they would hurry up and release all the new gen consoles...

The PS2 being the weakest link in the bunch, and every universal game made is made to play on the weakest console... so the game looks incredibly bad...

So, I must say I cant wait for the PS2 and Gamecube to be retired and forgotten. Then universal games will actually look decent.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Got one last week. The opening lineup of games is so weak... I've only played...

Halo 2. Sorry, I don't care that much about graphics to drop 50-60 bones and get gameplay which isn't as good as beating up friends online with this game.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • Grimster74
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Well, haven't had my damn 360 a week and the damn thing is on its way back to Microsoft. Every game I've played the damn thing just keep freezing up on me. No warning red light, just freezes up. I'll keep you guys posted on what the outcome is on this, just really pisses me off, spend $400 on a game system, it should work with minimal problems. Just thought I'd vent. My manufacture date on the unit was Nov. 11, 2005. Anyone else have to send there 360's back?
  • BIZILL
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I'll Be Waiting For The Hd-dvd Drives For Sure, Now.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • VR3
    edited December 2005
    Options
    IM waiting for them to become uber cheap and for Halo 3 to come out!!!!

Sucks about the trouble... must of got one of those defective units...

Keep us updated!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Shizelbs
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your issues. Mine has frozen up once, but not since.

Sid, just get one now. Its going to be a while before they are 'uber cheap'

Thats the strategy I took with the first one, and never ended up getting one, and regretting not just getting it from the get-go.
  • VR3
    edited December 2005
    Options
    No reason to get it really man...

I dont have any interest in the games except Gears Of War - and thats not worth 400 bucks.

Ill wait for 300-250 + Halo 3

Last time I paid 150 for the console + Halo + Unreal II -- much better than the alternative...
  • howie777
    howie777 Posts: 357
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I was waiting for HD-DVD as well, but Microsoft offically announced a week or so ago there are no future plans for HD-DVD drives. And if they ever add them it would be for movies only, no impact to games.

Howie
  • polkatese
    edited December 2005
    Options
    So far so good (but I don't want to jinx it). I've been tag team playing COD2 for the past 3 days. It is so fun and the graphics is killer. If I have the luxury of time, I'll probably wait until the supply catch up and price is cooling down a bit. But, it is a TVM situation (Time Value of Money), I am on my vacation for a couple of weeks right now and so does my son (school break). So, it is the right time to own this awesome toy.
  • Grimster74
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Is it possible to get the guys that "ARE NOT" having problems with their 360's to post what the manufacture date is from the back of the unit itself, thanks.
  • BIZILL
    edited December 2005
    Options
    howie777 wrote:
    I was waiting for HD-DVD as well, but Microsoft offically announced a week or so ago there are no future plans for HD-DVD drives. And if they ever add them it would be for movies only, no impact to games.

Howie
    i'd only care for the movies. they have stated their games will not utilize hd-dvd. bad move. i have heard warnings of blu-ray with ps3, though. one scratch and it's history?

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • Shizelbs
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I'll post my manufacture date later tonight.