Anyone get their xbox 360 today?

Options

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2005
    Options
    All the games are. Standard and High Definition as well. :)
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited December 2005
    Options
    that's what i wanted from the old xbox. only a limited number of games were widescreen. hated putting black or grey bars to the sides. strectching wasn't an option. gave up on old xbox. alas, could xbox be redeeming itself, in my eyes?...

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Audiokarate089
    Audiokarate089 Posts: 23
    edited December 2005
    Options
    got it first day been playing it often. I know some people have had some issues mine has ran like a champ. Project Gotham 3, Perfect Dark Zero and call of duty 2 are great and look fantastic if you have an HDTV. I say get one if you can find one within reason.
  • BIZILL
    edited December 2005
    Options
    cool deal. are the controllers responsive as the old 's' controllers? are the graphics that much better than the predecessor? have you tried xbox live with the 360? any glitches if so? thanx, audiokarate.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,089
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I played this thing today at Game Stop - a football game...

Man... that was the best looking game I've seen - atleast for Football... EXCELLENT graphics, VERY SMOOTH!

The new controller is AWESOME... so much better than the last one - kind of a mix between the S and Duke... I like the Duke better (over the S) - but this one is MUCH better than the S.

The 360 controller is very easy on the hands and actually fits and the buttons were very well thought out.

The new console looks very good too - FWIW... alot better than I thought it would....

Bring on Halo 3! w00t w00t
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Audiokarate089
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Graphics looks amazing I have only ran it on an HDTV so I cant say about games that aren't running in HD however textures are far superior same as animation and things of that nature, My console has had zero problems and xbox live with halo 2 has worked great same as with the rest of the games I have played. The controller is much improvment even of the S controller. They moved the impossible to use black and white buttons to shoulder buttons instead, MUCH Better idea. I love i play it after I get off work. good times :-D
  • BIZILL
    edited December 2005
    Options
    audio, you're playing halo 2 in the 360? if so, not that there should be any reason it would, but did the graphics or sound seem any better being played on the new xbox?

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Halo 2 on the 360 plays in 720p instead of 480p and has fullscreen AA, so it should certainly look better.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • BIZILL
    edited December 2005
    Options
    fullscreen aa??

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • lanion
    edited December 2005
    Options
    AA = Anti-Aliasing. It removes jaggies, which are artifacts that occur when you have a polygon at a diagonal and you see some blocks on the edge... AA smoothes that out. Example from Halo 2, check out the hair on the girls face at this link:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6140654/index.html

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,089
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I didnt think there was THAT much difference on Halo 2...

But man... the Hulk, The Fighting Game - DEFINITELY. GTA was a bit better...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • BIZILL
    edited December 2005
    Options
    lanion wrote:
    AA = Anti-Aliasing. It removes jaggies, which are artifacts that occur when you have a polygon at a diagonal and you see some blocks on the edge... AA smoothes that out. Example from Halo 2, check out the hair on the girls face at this link:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6140654/index.html
    thanks, bro. actually, that's very impressive. just may have to pick me one up whenever they become readily available. that may have just sold me on the 360. well, i may still wait to see what becomes of the hd-dvd drive first.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • Audiokarate089
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Halo 2 looks pretty good. Very small difference over the one playing through the xbox. Just has a more natural smoothed out look to it. Impressive game nonetheless and playing with the 360 controller is much better. Pick one up if you can...I doubt you couldnt enjoy it.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Anyone have there 360 shut down form overheating? Just curious, want to get one bad but want to make sure only some of the units are having the heat issue.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2005
    Options
    From what I've read, most of the heat issue is people not giving their power supply (which is a gigantic separate unit) enough space to breathe. IE putting it on a carpet.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Mjr7531
    Mjr7531 Posts: 856
    edited December 2005
    Options
    For the problems, IGN did a nice article on it, http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/673/673686p1.html
    There are problems with it, but we'll just have to see how it goes.

My friend's brother flipped his XBox on eBay for $900. He camped out for it and everything, but man, when you already have a system to boot, and you can get over twice what you paid, why not sell it and get it later when it doesn't have problems? I think it'd be pretty lucrative for some.

Me? I'll be waiting for the Revolution, from Nintendo, who hasn't (knock on wood) massively undersupplied the market at release. Although I sincerely wish you XBox fans luck on your search to get an XBox

One other thing, if you do have problems, it looks like MS is very good about fixing the problem, so there is hope,

Matt
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Kmart has had an apparent pricing error on the wireless network adapter for the 360 this week, selling it for $49 instead of $99. I picked one up last night. The sticker said $99, but it rang up $49. Sweet!
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Sure you did the right thing and informed them of their error, right? :cool:
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2005
    Options
    So, are all the old games working on this thing??
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Demiurge wrote:

:rolleyes:
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • lanion
    edited December 2005
    Options
    There are like 200 working xbox games right now.

Here is the list:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

You need the hard-drive to play them and xbox live because you download specific a specific emulation code for each game. They will add more over time, but it's not clear how many they plan to add.

HT:
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2005
    Options
    faster100 wrote:
    :rolleyes:

Hope you drop your wallet someday with a wad of cash in it and nobody bothers to return it to you. It was a mistake, but hell, you lost it...too bad. Being honest to a business is different than being honest to an individual? Nice moral structure you got there.
  • BIZILL
    edited December 2005
    Options
    i've never been one to claim myself to be very moral nor ethical. i'd have bought two or three at the price fireshoes paid. then i'd get some friends in on the deal. at least i wouldn't charge them double the price which would be retail. but if ever i drop my wallet, i hope someone like demi would find it. btw, a dropped wallet with or w/o money i would return to owner.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Wouldn't hold it against you B-Diddy, it's just one of those things that seems...I dunno, petty? The way I see it is this...people make mistakes. Could have very well been some kid or hell, for dramatic effect...a single mother working her 2nd part time job, that needs that job, that made that mistake. If everyone takes advantage of these types of things it can add up and someone could lose their job. I'm not saying buying one little thing like this will cost someone their job, but it all adds up. Too many people look at business as faceless and that ripping them off intentionally doesn't have any effects on anyone.

I'm done, no sense arguing about this. :)
  • BIZILL
    edited December 2005
    Options
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=164524 fireshoes may not be the only one.....

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Demiurge wrote:

I said, "I heard it's on sale for $49. Can you check for me?" He said, "Yep, it sure is. That's a good deal." Me, "OK, I'll take it."
  • karpiel666
    karpiel666 Posts: 173
    edited December 2005
    Options

Build a PC, buy the same games and enjoy better graphics! Besides, you won't have to pay to join X-Box live and whatever Sony has for PS3.

John

I would have to agree with you
    dvd player: samsung DVD-HD850
    receiver: Denon avr5700
    center: polk cs400
    fronts: polk rt800i
    surrounds: Unknown Polk monitor? series.
    sub: svs pb12 isd/v
    tv: 46 inch samsung
  • Audiokarate089
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Yea computers are great. I have a computer I built just for gaming. But I like to play my consoles sometimes because I get to sit on a nice couch in front of a big tv and play it. I mean the PC has some issues maybe be driver issues or people online not with same versions causing problems. I mean a console especially the newer ones offer excellent graphics and gameplay without the headaches of set up. I am well aware of 360's having some problems but mine runs like a champ so all is well for me ha. Some people just want to put a game in and play and not worry whether there graphics card is up to date or any of the other nonsense that sometimes comes with pc gaming.
  • lanion
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Sonys PS3 is going to be free online play, but the developers are going to have to setup their own service. This is bad for sony. Xbox live is really incredible.
    If you are exclusive to PC or Consoles you are going to miss out on a lot. Heck, even if you play PCs and Consoles but not portables you are going to miss out on a lot. One way or another is fine, but I'm more into video game culture than sound culture, so I gotta have it all.

HT:
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Hey fellow forum members, this probally is old news but I figured I'd post it anyways, December 18 seems to be the next release date on shipments for the XBOX 360, atleast at BB. Click the link below and it will tell you how many the stores will have on hand. The stores are listed by the store number. I'll be there when the store opens. Hopefully not many other people will be there. :eek:

http://xbox2news.com/news3.php?subaction=showfull&id=1134277082&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!