Anyone get their xbox 360 today?

Options
BIZILL
BIZILL Posts: 5,432
edited January 2006 in Video Games
title is self-explanatory. if you did, what are your initial impressions?

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
ONKYO TX-SR805
CENTER: CSI5
MAINS: RTI8'S
SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
bobman1235 wrote:
I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
Post edited by BIZILL on

Comments

• criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Bizill,

Picked up mine this morning as a present for my son, he is going to **** when finds out I got him one, they had cops out at the Best Buy and people were offering 100/150 over purchase price to buy for their kids for Christmas, Sh** was crazy.

CRj
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2005
    Options
    That's awesome! =) I remember when my Dad bought me a Nintendo when they first came out. I think I almost shat myself as well. :)
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited November 2005
    Options
    My buddy stood in line from 11:30 last night until the local WalMart opened at 7 THIS MORNING. It was cold and rainy. He's insane.

Full systems are selling right now on eBay for 1800+ dollars. So if you have one, you MAY want to consider selling it and waiting a bit liek a normal person :)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited November 2005
    Options
    One just sold on ebay for 3K, and another (Platinum) is at 5K right now with 28 minutes left.....

This belongs in Bills "Most Ridiculous Item of the Day"

scott
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I thought about standing in line at the local Walmart last night, just to resell for a profit. They were getting 70-80(40 of one and 30 of the other I think). At 4:30, there were six people in line. They were going to give out tickets at 10:00, then give them out at 12:00 to those who had tickets.

I thought I might have been able to get $100 more for one, but if I had known they might bring 200+ more, I would have definetly wasted my time.

Anyway, I spent time installing a plasma to make money instead.

Zach
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I was the 2nd person to pre-order at my EBGames and they got in about 12. No waiting. The system is awesome. I bought about 8 games so far. I thinking I might sell it, however, if the prices keep climbing.
  • BIZILL
    edited November 2005
    Options
    make sheer profit now. then go get one later on with, hopefully, the upgraded hd-dvd drive.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • criverajr
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Polksters,

Just picked up my second XBox360 from Toys R US not as long a line (I had preordred) but people were still hawking them for up to 500.00 for the regular console. I thought about it but thats not my style.

CRj
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Good on you, Carlos. No reason to create the artificial market for it. MS is as guilty of the whole pseudo demand as those scalpers.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • criverajr
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Thanks Polkatese,

I got this one for my wife's nephew. He is the same age as my son and his mom and dad just went through a really messy divorce. I have seen the pain that this can cause a young child and we thought this would cheer him up greatly during this rough time and knowing that the holiday season is going to be tuff on him. I could have made some money and could probably put it on ebay and make even more, but to see the look on their two faces on Christmas morning will be absolutely PRICELESS
  • BIZILL
    edited November 2005
    Options
    good call, criverajr. perhaps i can have my parents perform a mock second divorce and maybe you'd hook me up with a 360?

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • bobman1235
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I don't think prices will stay where they are, there are so many on eBay right now, it's hard to imagine that many nutbags willing to spend over a grand.
  • landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited November 2005
    Options
    IF I get one, it will be after Christmas or sometime next year. I hate the Christmas rush. :mad: People raise so much hell about crap that will be plentiful a few months later. I waited to get the old Xbox after it went do to $150, and I am in no hurry to be trampled to death by a crowd for a game console. The smart shoppers pre-order, and walk right up to the counter and walk right out with what they want. Be careful out there guys.
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • criverajr
    edited November 2005
    Options
    My story is not typical I had pre-order in both places and had very little problems getting mine. Their were reported fist fights at the Cosco by me and Circuit City had a full riot as they only recieved 15 unit and of those 15 units they only had 3 of the basic units and the rest were the full blown units, friends of mine went to this Circuit City and were turned away by the police because of the fights, very scary stuff. I was told that their would be no more units sold until after Christmas sometime in Feb. 06, so I would think the demand will be very high through Christmas.

CRj
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    edited November 2005
    Options
  • landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited November 2005
    Options
    What he said.^
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Dude... WTF

I would of kicked their ****$... they could of donated that money to hurricane relief or something...
    freakin MORONS!...

Darwin has SOME truth... idiots eventually get eliminted.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bobman1235
    edited November 2005
    Options
    That's stupid logic. Poeple can donate to whatever they want to. I could have donated money to hurricane relief today instead of buying a burrito, but I didn't, waht's the differnece?

I think the people who DID waste that money are idiots, but at the same time it's their money adn they're free to waste it however they want. Charity is voluntary, as is wasting your money.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited November 2005
    Options
    There is a difference to feeding yourself..................

And buying a console to just destroy it...

Just crazy...

Money that could of been better spent elsewhere. Thats my opinion. Charity? On something you could put to use... LIKE FOOD... heck I dont care what u buy with it... but to buy something just to destroy it????????????

My parents would of kicked me square in the jaw for something as foolish as that... You better believe it

Im going to go out on a limb and say its stupid knowledge for someone to waste 300-400 bucks just to destroy it... and to advocate an action by saying its acceptable amazes me. Just rich punks that think they have a point to prove.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bobman1235
    edited November 2005
    Options
    They did have a point to prove. I don't quite GET their point, but they had a point to prove, and htey found 100 morons to give them 5 bucks. I wouldn't consider a 5 dollar donation a "rich punk".

Whatever, this is pointless, I'm defending people I don't agree with.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited November 2005
    Options
    Waiting for another year to see this craze happen all over again when PS3 makes its US debut. People fighting, paying 3-4 times it's retail price when all they have to do is wait a few months when the market is saturated with plenty of units. Besides, watch how many bugs the first crop of units will have.

Build a PC, buy the same games and enjoy better graphics! Besides, you won't have to pay to join X-Box live and whatever Sony has for PS3.

John
    No excuses!
  • rscamer
    rscamer Posts: 70
    edited November 2005
    Options
    well I have a couple of these units if anyone really needs one.I have one buy it now on ebay for $750 and am open to offers for the last one i will put that one up on ebay next week.
  • acdds
    acdds Posts: 253
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I really hope you and everyone else on ebay get stuck holding those units. Find something more productive to spend your time on rather than trying to price gouge people.
    Receiver = Denon AVR-3803
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's
  • rscamer
    rscamer Posts: 70
    edited November 2005
    Options
    I'm not price gouging , people are bidding for the stuff. If someone wants to pay me more than I bought something for - more power to them.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2005
    Options
    my experience.. (i've heard) that this happens every time these new consoles are released.. people bid insane prices for them.. but they NEVER pay. They think it's a game to see how high they can bid.. with no intentions to ever pay. I bet if you ask most of the sellers who had insane bids on their XBox's, they'd say. the buyer never paid, and they end up relisting it later.

Seriously, why would anyone pay 3K for a $400 item? if it's to good to be true.. it always is..
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Demiurge
    edited November 2005
    Options
    You're definitely right. I don't doubt a few units went for this much from folks with the money to burn, but by and large these things aren't going to sell for a 200-300% profit margin I still think you can make some decent coin on this, however, if that's your intention.
  • BIZILL
    edited December 2005
    Options
    so, anyone here ever get one? don't care about reviews from people outside this forum. i want YOUR first impressions....

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2005
    Options
    It's awesome, and no, I don't own one. Friends rule.
  • BIZILL
    edited December 2005
    Options
    my friends must suck. no one has one. yet. hey demi, are all games widescreen format?

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote: