Polk Sponsored car in SuperStreet Magazine

13»

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2005
    exalted512 wrote:
    your mom is so fat when she falls off the bed, she falls off both sides...
    -Cody

your mommas so fat she takes up both sides of the family tree.
    -Cody

ROFL!!!! Those are hilarious!! Give us some more!!!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2005
    i would, but i have a physics test tomorrow...this happens to be the same test that i thought was NEXT wednesday, which by total coincidence, is also the one I havent studied for yet. Joy
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited November 2005
    Yo mama's so dumb that she tripped over a cordless phone.

Yo mama's so poor she uses cheerios as earrings.

Yo mama is so fat her "nickname" is Damn.

Yo mama's so stupid she thought Taco Bell was a mexican phone company.

Yo mamma is so ugly, she uses a line of makeup called "Why Bother".

Yo momma's like a light switch even a 4 year old can turn her on.

Yo mama's like a mosquito, you have to slap her to get her to stop sucking.
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited November 2005
    Yet another party pooper thread due to Jstas. Sort of reminds me of the thread he party pooped on after the Polk Fest.

All I know is that my car is the hottest... with no a-pillars, kickpanels, holes in the doors, no rear deck, and a completely stripped trunk. Beat that!
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2005
    But I think we rebounded quite nicely! Everybody loves "Yo Mamma" Jokes. :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2005
    audiobliss wrote:
    Ooooh, what movie should I be looking for it in?

hmmm, they are working of FnF3 now. (only reason I know that is cuz the new stang will be in it)
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited November 2005
    jstas- It's obvious that you're knowledgeable, but do you always have to be so smart-assed and "holier than thou" to everyone?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Emerald
    Emerald Posts: 42
    edited November 2005
    I dont get it...

I thought this was a POLK forum? This is the last place that I should have to deal with haters in regards to a POLK Sponsored car getting press. Everyone here should be here supporting the brand. If you're not then WHY are you here? I wouldnt care if it were a tin can that got a writeup. As long as they were pushin POLK Audio, It's all good with me.

If this is what I can expect from the FACTORY WEBSITE, then I dont want to be a part of their Sponsored car program.
    [Lexus SC400T][Lexus SC300][850BMW][S13 Silvia][S13 180sx]
    [ DriftGirl.org ]B][COLOR=Red]POLK[/COLOR] AUDIO[/B[MsEmerald.com]
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2005
    Emerald wrote:
    If this is what I can expect from the FACTORY WEBSITE, then I dont want to be a part of their Sponsored car program.

Even though Polk owns it, its a public site and anybody can join and say pretty much whatever they want. Just like in real life, you have to filter out information. Some people think I'm nuts for ripping apart my brand new car, but nothing anyone can say, can wipe the smile off my face when I shift from 3rd to 4th at 108mph. :)
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2005
    Emerald, good job on the car, plain and simple
    might not be in the style liked by all apparently, although why it must be explained in expliccit detail i'll never understand.

I apreciate the time it took to make your ride the way you wanted it. If it gave Polk good press, thats even better. Any support for Polk is a good thing.

certain people here need to care alot less, not just about Audio, car or home, but about life, and what people say, a little less.

thats my .02, Lou's punchin out!!!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited November 2005
    We went for years with every other thread asking why our subs blow up. If we deleted everything we didn't like there wouldn't be much to read sometimes...
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited November 2005
    Emerald wrote:
    I dont get it...

I thought this was a POLK forum? This is the last place that I should have to deal with haters in regards to a POLK Sponsored car getting press. Everyone here should be here supporting the brand. If you're not then WHY are you here? I wouldnt care if it were a tin can that got a writeup. As long as they were pushin POLK Audio, It's all good with me.

Emerald,

This is not indicative of the majority of what goes on here at CP, if it were I wouldn't be here.

Most of the members here will go above and beyond to be helpful and supportive. Stick around. Post somewhere else and let this dead dog lie.

LET THIS THREAD DIE!!!!!!
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited November 2005
    Alright, I'm done with this. I'm a big Internet meanie. I made the little girl cry and question her Polk Audio sponsorship. Why? Because she doesn't care about me or my opinions and they obviously don't matter enough to her because she is willing to throw away a Polk Audio sponsorhsip over me...who has no affiliation with Polk Audio other than I own thier products.

So now the runny-nose brigade is jumping on the bandwagon again to tell me how mean and terrible I am. I asked a question, was mis-understood in my post and then got nothing but punk-**** attitude from it. I said I wasn't impressed with the car because I've seen a million of the wings and body kits with flashy paint and color matched interiors to make me sick. I never liked them because I don't like the attitudes of most of the owners. Not all, most. I have found these owners to be no where near as knowledgable as they think they are. I have found them to have HUGE chips on thier shoulders and they get flustered when asked honest questions about the vehicles they expound upon ad nauseum. A car can be completely ingenious and the best thing since sliced bread and if the owner is a cocky little punk, I will just hate the car because of it. I'll recognize hard work and effort but if these cars are done by the owners for themselves then they are not only an expression of the owner but also, to an extent, an extension of the owner. Being proud is one thing. Alot of these owners go well beyond pride.

The car in question in this thread is a nice looking car. I even like the color of the paint. After the experiences with the owner though, I'm liking it less and less. The reason I wasn't so impressed with it is because yes, there are few Lexus SC's out there with turbo kits and this one has one. The problem I have is that it doesn't work. Blowing an engine every 6 months on average is unsat IMO and not something to be proud of. It is evidence that more work is needed to get the car reliable. The hell with the audio system, the hell with custom body work and fancy wheels and suspension and brake work. If the car can't go, it's a trailer queen. Not impressive to me. Especially since the owner has told us about all the custom work that has been done by a company that her company owns and we should all be bowing down to the intellectual prowess of the gurus who built the custom ECM for her car.

All I ever wanted to do was find out more about the car and through a huge misunderstanding, I'm the mean internet man again with a "holier than thou" attitude. Sorry for coming off like that but I'm not going to dumb down a conversation with someone who professes to be proficient in the matters that I am trying to discuss. I'm not trying to be holier than thou and honestly it really bugs me when people throw that stupid expression at me. I don't try to put myself on a pedestal, I don't try to make myself feel validated at the expense of others. I would rather try my best to help and give as complete and detailed answers as I can. I guess that makes me a party pooper too.

Lastly, Emerald, if you are going to give up your Polk Audio sponsorship over me then you are more weak-minded than I thought. You should stop saying that my opinion matters nothing to you because it is obvious that it does if you are so willing to give up corporate sponsorship over it. Otherwise, one guy's opinion out of 30 leg humpers is obviously not the majority and I was never a detractor of your car, I just said that I didn't think it was great as everyone else. The wording may have been harsh and I know there was a misunderstanding and I apologize for that. But if you are going to give up a sponsorship over me then cry me a freaking river because you will deserve what you get.

Oh yeah, Vinnie is right. I don't like high-dollar, band-aid fixes that do nothing for you. Do it right the first time and you won't have the problems.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Emerald
    Emerald Posts: 42
    edited November 2005
    I could sit here and put these two assclowns on blast for talkin outta their asses about a car they have no experience working on. Throwing out sum random engine building facts and diagnosing a blown engine on a car youve NEVER seen is beyond retarded, like a Blind Doctor in the surgery room.

I have no problem gettin into a pissing contest with ANYONE on sum random car forum.... But thats not sumthing I should have to deal with on a Factory owned site that I promote with a car under full Sponsorship. YOU have nothing to do with my decision to keep or drop the Sponsorship.

The fact that he assumed the person in the picture didnt own the car, shows a lot about his character.
    Jstas wrote:
    *yawn*

...alot of money in that car right there.

I wonder who did all the work?

The fact that your first comment was "I wonder who did the work" shows a lot about yours. Now you wanna back-peddle and say you just wanted to learn more about the car...c'mon now! :p If you're gonna be a hater be good one. :rolleyes:

Dont worry about how many engines I buy or build. Its a big issue to YOU, not to me. The engines went from oil system failures. The whole system is custom and thats just sumthing that happens when you build a one-off engine....Its not a situation where you 'Build it right the first time', This setup has NOT been done before.
    You talk all that crap like you know this type of car, so you should already know this ;)

You seem to love 'hearing' yourself talking. At the end of the day thats all you're worth...

So keep standin on the sideline hatin' while I get the job done...k? ;)
    [Lexus SC400T][Lexus SC300][850BMW][S13 Silvia][S13 180sx]
    [ DriftGirl.org ]B][COLOR=Red]POLK[/COLOR] AUDIO[/B[MsEmerald.com]
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited November 2005
    Jstas, you must be one of those guys that sees a pretty girl and says, "Hey, you're stupid! You have cooties!" to get some attention. Let it go man, you insulted her from the start with your smart **** comment about being unimpressed. I'M unimpressed with your lack of compassion and support for another person who obviously has spent a lot of time and effort into something she loves. (Oh, and I'm locking this thread due to complaints – sorry)

Emerald, you crack me up. You're witty and you don't back down. Good job! I think the car is awesome, I know it takes a lot of work to make a car look like that -- that's why I'm not an installer, I'm waaaay to lazy to do such a respectable job.

So congrats!

~Justin
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2005
    Your STi looks pretty damn good for a first time carbon job.
This discussion has been closed.