Polk Sponsored car in SuperStreet Magazine

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited November 2005
    Sorry, didn't know I wasn't allowed to voice my opinion.

You put something up on public display, you are gonna get comments, good and bad. I never said the car was junk, I never insulted the owner, I never said anything other than I wasn't that impressed with the car. Then I was told that my opinion doesn't matter. I wasn't being mean or cruel. I merely stated I was unimpressed and asked questions. I already said the car looked nice and that there was alot of work, money and time put into it. I was told to read the article, I was told that my opinion only mattered to me and and then fed a line about how the owner did it for a personal benefit and didn't care about what everyone else though. I gave reasoning behind my opinion because I just didn't see what was so great about the car other than the pretty female owner standing near it and all the Polk Audio speakers everywhere.

I can see how the work is important and it isn't easy. I know this because I have done the work. I have built the cars and engines and I have done the testing on dynos and at tracks. I can appreciate the effort put in to it. I can appreciate the amount of time it took. I can appreciate the long hours worked to earn the money to pay for it. I'm not going to go overboard on the praise and gush over teh car if I don't find it that impressive. Yes, credit is due and I have given credit. Do I think it's as great as others are making it out to be? No, I don't and I already stated why. I have different criteria and that is my entitlement.

So yes, the girl did good. The car looks nice, the audio install looks good and there is a lot of work done. However, there is alot of work left to do. When she gets the problems worked out and the car runs like a scalded dog without a problem and looks good doing it then I will be impressed. I applaud teh effort and the ability of the owner to realize a dream. So very few people do that. I am not detracting from that in any way. I'm just not impressed because if it were me, I would have worked out all the problems before going after a magazine feature. That is just me though and I have my own project vehicle to worry about. It is far from done and I won't be bragging about it until I'm happy with it.

So here I am again, The Mean internet Man...again, all because I voiced an opinion that didn't jive with what everyone else thinks.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited November 2005
    I just wish I had the time on my hands to type books about something I didn't like. It would have been a lot easier to not post. It seemed to me that not only were you not impressed (fine), but that you were looking to pick a fight (pointless). Of course you have a right to your opinion. If you're trying to start an argument on a forum, people will take you up on it.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2005
    So youre not impressed with the car. In that case all you had to say was nothing but popping off with a "yawn...I wonder who did the work" IS an insult and if somebody said it about something you posted in pride it would piss you off to no end just like it would me.

She never said "Hey look, this is the perfect car!" She just posted something she was proud of. Take the install you did on your buddies Jeep. What would your reaction be if somebody came on with "yawm....I wonder who did the work".

I have a lot of respect for ya bro but if every thread you post in turns into a brawl, maybe its not everybody else that has the problem.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Emerald
    Emerald Posts: 42
    edited November 2005
    While im sure that my install wouldnt impress a lot of people on a Car Audio site. Please keep in mind that its not in a 'Car Audio' magazine. Its a street car. The car doesnt have the same goals as the typical owner here that competes in Audio contests and such.

I would like to build a car to compete in Audio contests in the next year or so.

Jstas: This is a POLK site...I'm reppin for POLK Audio and all the Polk supporters. Im happy when I see ANY Polk coverage. It's good for us all....What are YOU doing?

Please do not give tuning advice over the internet on an engine that youve never worked on. Flash the rom on a 1uzfe ECU? yeah, right. Try one-off custom piggy backs by Preferred Image Motoring Products.

I pushed the envelope on a stock engine and then took what I learned for a Lower compression, mild build up that died due to a pump failure...no biggie

I built another,re-boosted and had it running in a week.

Again, Im not into the Dyno queen thing. I'll tune to get it running right via dyno/wideband but thats it. I dont go to tracks because I simply dont care what the quarter mile time is....stop light to stop light maybe :p

The suspension: Most of the parts are by Preferred Image, Junsei Tuner, DoLuck & TRD: Fender Braces, Front STB, Rear Strut Bars, Sway,Ladder bars,custom links....you should do a bit more research before opening your mouth. Rotors? he asked. yes they come stock with 4wdb.
    Atleast he asked and didnt make an **** out of himself frontin like he knew allll about the car.

You obviously know NOTHING about this engine/type of car.... Stick to what you know and I'll do the same. :p

go hate in some other thread...thats sumthing you know a lot about. ;)
    [Lexus SC400T][Lexus SC300][850BMW][S13 Silvia][S13 180sx]
    [ DriftGirl.org ]B][COLOR=Red]POLK[/COLOR] AUDIO[/B[MsEmerald.com]
  • Jstas
    edited November 2005
    MacLeod wrote:
    Didnt your momma ever tell ya if you cant say anything nice then dont say anything at all? She shouldve.

She's proud of her car and should be so she posts pics on here to show it off. If had the the skill to do that to a car, Id show it off too.

Yes, my mother did. If you really want to take this there, I can get much more mean than you have ever seen.

What my mother taught me was to be respectful and give people the respect of being honest with them. She also told me not to betray myself for the benefit of someone else. I would be doing myself and them a disservice because it is no better than lying to them.

Let her be proud, let her show it off. What happens if the car doesn't get 1st place? Does the judge come around and offer condolences? How does the owner prepare for being the first loser if everyone with a mouth does nothing but say how great the car is? I think it still needs work and I'm going to say that. I am allowed to and if the owner doesn't want to hear it then either don't show off the car or don't go fishing for compliments if you aren't prepared to meet someone who doesn't think you're the greatest.

I have the skill to rebuild a car. I know what needs to be done, I know how to do it. I applaud the effort but at the same time I am saying that there is still a ways to go. I'm being honest and even though I was met with childish adversity, I did my best to remain cordial about it.

What I really don't care for is when people question the integrity of my mother without even knowing me let alone my mother. That was totally uncalled for and way outta line. I'm not going to demand an apology because I will likely never get one, just more berating and chastising because I wasn't "nice" to the pretty girl. I don't need one either. I have spoken my peace and if you care to continue to question the integrity of my family members, I'd implore you to at least take the time to know me let alone them before you choose to question them again. You might find out that you were wrong in your assumptions.

• MacLeod
    edited November 2005
    Oh Jesus Tapdancing Christ!!!

Its a figure of speech. Im not questioning the integrity of your mother.

Youre freaking paranoid.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Emerald
    edited November 2005
    Jstas wrote:
    Yes, my mother did. If you really want to take this there, I can get much more mean than you have ever seen.

What my mother taught me was to be respectful and give people the respect of being honest with them. She also told me not to betray myself for the benefit of someone else. I would be doing myself and them a disservice because it is no better than lying to them.

Let her be proud, let her show it off. What happens if the car doesn't get 1st place? Does the judge come around and offer condolences? How does the owner prepare for being the first loser if everyone with a mouth does nothing but say how great the car is? I think it still needs work and I'm going to say that. I am allowed to and if the owner doesn't want to hear it then either don't show off the car or don't go fishing for compliments if you aren't prepared to meet someone who doesn't think you're the greatest.

I have the skill to rebuild a car. I know what needs to be done, I know how to do it. I applaud the effort but at the same time I am saying that there is still a ways to go. I'm being honest and even though I was met with childish adversity, I did my best to remain cordial about it.

What I really don't care for is when people question the integrity of my mother without even knowing me let alone my mother. That was totally uncalled for and way outta line. I'm not going to demand an apology because I will likely never get one, just more berating and chastising because I wasn't "nice" to the pretty girl. I don't need one either. I have spoken my peace and if you care to continue to question the integrity of my family members, I'd implore you to at least take the time to know me let alone them before you choose to question them again. You might find out that you were wrong in your assumptions.

Uh, my car doesnt win 1st place at a lot of shows.

I'm not willing to do th things to win my car class. It doesnt bother me. If it did then I'd rebuild the car and do what it took to win....but then I'd be building a car for someone else.

I let the "I wonder who did all the work" comment slide because Ive delt with insecure boys before....Ive got no time for it.

My goal is to push the POLK name and support those who do the same....Period
  • Jstas
    edited November 2005
    MacLeod wrote:
    So youre not impressed with the car. In that case all you had to say was nothing but popping off with a "yawn...I wonder who did the work" IS an insult and if somebody said it about something you posted in pride it would piss you off to no end just like it would me.

She never said "Hey look, this is the perfect car!" She just posted something she was proud of. Take the install you did on your buddies Jeep. What would your reaction be if somebody came on with "yawm....I wonder who did the work".

I have a lot of respect for ya bro but if every thread you post in turns into a brawl, maybe its not everybody else that has the problem.

You are posting about the *yawn*?

This is silly.

The *yawn* wasn't meant towards Emerald. It was in response to the BS with Vinnie.

Geez, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I wasn't picking a fight either. I voiced my opinion and the girl had a hissy fit. She's still have a hissy-fit and is obviously all cocksure about what she's got going on.

Emerald,
    You should stop running your mouth. I'm starting to wonder how much of your posts is not posturing. You have contradicted your statements already.

Also, a PROM is Programmable, Read-Only Memory. All computers have them to support firmware for basic operation and to store constants for calculations. To "piggyback" any custom software, any computer brain needs to have the firmware on the PROM flashed. PROMs are known by other names too like the BIOS in your computer. More accurate names are EPROM which is Erasable, Programmable, Read-Only Memory which is easier to change than a PROM firmware set.

The only reason I mentioned A/F ratios is because you neglected to mention why the engine blew up 3 times. It would seem to me that it was blown because it leaned out due to a lack of fuel...especially with the giggle gas on top of the forced induction and a seeming lack of an intercooler. I made an educated guess as to what is going on. I would love to hear more about the issues you have experienced and detailed info about how you surmmounted the problems and reached resolution. I have a much greater degree of education in automotive matters than you think. I can also answer this question at the same time:

"This is a POLK site...I'm reppin for POLK Audio and all the Polk supporters. What are YOU doing?"

I'm a Polk Audio customer. You are "reppin" for me too, whether you like it or not. As far as what I am doing, well, I've been on hold off and on with a vendor for most of the afternoon trying to sort out some billing issues. Beyond that, I build weapons systems that defend your country. In my spare time, I work at a friend's garage doing diesel/heavy equipment maintenance and repair. I work on computers at a very high skill level and support millions of dollars worth of equipment every day. I also work on vehicles with complex control systems and perform work on vehicles that owners rely on for thier livelyhood. Not just any fool out there can get a job(s) doing the kind of work I do and not know anything about what is going on. I need to know more than a pedestrian understanding of how stuff works if I want to stay employed and get paid. Again, I have much more education and experience than you care to believe.

If you are upset about the "*yawn*" thing too then, I apologize, it was not meant for you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Jstas
    edited November 2005
    Emerald wrote:
    I let the "I wonder who did all the work" comment slide because Ive delt with insecure boys before....Ive got no time for it.

Lighten up, I was only asking a question. Probably didn't word it well, I posted it in kind of a rush. I'm not insecure about anything you have going on. I know me, I know who I am, I know what I can do, I don't need validation from other people to make me feel worth while.

• Jstas
    edited November 2005
    MacLeod wrote:
    Oh Jesus Tapdancing Christ!!!

Its a figure of speech. Im not questioning the integrity of your mother.

Youre freaking paranoid.

Dude, I didn't appreciate it. Attack me all you want, I don't care. I don't take digs at your family members, don't take digs at mine. "Figure of speech" or not, it was uncalled for and unappreciated. Quite frankly, I've never heard that statement reffered to as a "figure of speech" either. It is usually meant in a deragatory way. I know I didn't misunderstand it becaus eyou obviously meant it the way I took it and that's because you think I didn't have anything nice to say and blamed it on my upbringing.

How can't you see that that statement can be taken poorly no matter how it's meant? Especially in the context of this thread?

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2005
    Man. This just happens all too often.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited November 2005
    LOL yeah just glad i did not get caught up in this ****. :rolleyes:
  • Thom
    edited November 2005
    Jstas wrote:
    Dude, I didn't appreciate it. Attack me all you want, I don't care. I don't take digs at your family members, don't take digs at mine. "Figure of speech" or not, it was uncalled for and unappreciated. Quite frankly, I've never heard that statement reffered to as a "figure of speech" either. It is usually meant in a deragatory way. I know I didn't misunderstand it becaus eyou obviously meant it the way I took it and that's because you think I didn't have anything nice to say and blamed it on my upbringing.

How can't you see that that statement can be taken poorly no matter how it's meant? Especially in the context of this thread?

It didn't seem personal to me. But I'll use the "your mom" retort (still funny after all these years) to Josh. His mom is dead and he doesn't flip out like you. Damn. I'm gonna have to go through this thread and wipe out all the ****...
  • Emerald
    edited November 2005
    Jstas wrote:
    You are posting about the *yawn*?

This is silly.

The *yawn* wasn't meant towards Emerald. It was in response to the BS with Vinnie.

Geez, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I wasn't picking a fight either. I voiced my opinion and the girl had a hissy fit. She's still have a hissy-fit and is obviously all cocksure about what she's got going on.

Emerald,
    You should stop running your mouth. I'm starting to wonder how much of your posts is not posturing. You have contradicted your statements already.

Also, a PROM is Programmable, Read-Only Memory. All computers have them to support firmware for basic operation and to store constants for calculations. To "piggyback" any custom software, any computer brain needs to have the firmware on the PROM flashed. PROMs are known by other names too like the BIOS in your computer. More accurate names are EPROM which is Erasable, Programmable, Read-Only Memory which is easier to change than a PROM firmware set.

The only reason I mentioned A/F ratios is because you neglected to mention why the engine blew up 3 times. It would seem to me that it was blown because it leaned out due to a lack of fuel...especially with the giggle gas on top of the forced induction and a seeming lack of an intercooler. I made an educated guess as to what is going on. I would love to hear more about the issues you have experienced and detailed info about how you surmmounted the problems and reached resolution. I have a much greater degree of education in automotive matters than you think. I can also answer this question at the same time:

"This is a POLK site...I'm reppin for POLK Audio and all the Polk supporters. What are YOU doing?"

I'm a Polk Audio customer. You are "reppin" for me too, whether you like it or not. As far as what I am doing, well, I've been on hold off and on with a vendor for most of the afternoon trying to sort out some billing issues. Beyond that, I build weapons systems that defend your country. In my spare time, I work at a friend's garage doing diesel/heavy equipment maintenance and repair. I work on computers at a very high skill level and support millions of dollars worth of equipment every day. I also work on vehicles with complex control systems and perform work on vehicles that owners rely on for thier livelyhood. Not just any fool out there can get a job(s) doing the kind of work I do and not know anything about what is going on. I need to know more than a pedestrian understanding of how stuff works if I want to stay employed and get paid. Again, I have much more education and experience than you care to believe.

If you are upset about the "*yawn*" thing too then, I apologize, it was not meant for you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hissy fit? Dont get it twisted. I can more than hold my own in any situation. Dont get all **** when someone dishes your BS back in your face....thats all it is.

1uzfe= Learning ECU. needs to be bypassed. The company ( Preferred Image ) who built the custom ECU is owned by my company. We are the only ones who produce it. Everyone else has to use a standalone ;)

I also stated that the NOS is wired but no longer needed now that I have FI.

Lack of intercooler? again, WTH are you talking about? 33x12 with a 4" core is deff not lackin by any stretch.

you throw out a comment about blowing the engine, when an engine can ago a millllllllion different ways....Shut up already and kick that BS to someone who buys it.

READ the article, Stop running your mouth without knowing a thing about me or the car.

I dont care about your education and experience...cause at the end of the day, you're just a load mouth on the internet. Big in your own world. We can have a pissing contest all day and night....

Yes, I rep for people running Polk Audio. Im not a hater and would be proud of any member that got their hard work recognized by a major magazine. This is the last place that I should have to deal with sum jealous hater, mad at the world and starting crap with people 'gettin it done' for Polk.

I just cant see how you could even post all that crap without READING the article to know what the hell you're talkin about.

and you obviously need sum sort of 'help'. :D
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited November 2005
    Nice car. Lexus is always hot.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Emerald
    edited November 2005
    Jstas: If you dont like it fine...there are other threads for you to ruin around here.

I like it, Polk liked it, SuperStreet Magazine Liked it and the Movie company that just shipped it back to seattle from filming in LA liked it too.

Your opinion means NOTHING to me

My goal is to promote/support Polk Audio and Support those who do the same....
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited November 2005
    hmmm.... fwiw, i rather liked the car... i think i would have done some things differently, but it's not my car... cool beans paint, especially...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2005
    Ooooh, what movie should I be looking for it in?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Jstas
    edited November 2005
    Emerald wrote:
    Your opinion means NOTHING to me

Then why are you so pissed off? If it means nothing, why did you go and get all huffy just because I said I was not that impressed? I don't get you. You tell me that I don't matter, my opinion doesn't matter and you don't want o waste your time with me but you continue to respond over and over again stating the same thing and trying to dazzle me with your knowledge but I haven't seen anything other than your petty attempts to try and discredit me. If I mean nothing, why do I matter so much? Seems like you are the one with the problem that needs help.

BTW, you remind me of Lisa Kubo. Yes, I know who she is, I've had several conversations with her too. She also told me that I don't matter and my opinion doesn't matter yet couldn't stop responding to me or answer the question about why she insists on responding if I matter so little? She doesn't like me either. I'm sensing a trend.

Thom, saying "your mom" to Josh is a different situation. You and Josh have known each other a while. You have that kind of relationship. you also aren't questioning the validity of any relationships between child and parent and you aren't necessarily deriding the abilty of Josh's parents to have done thier job. You also have the benefit of face-to-face interaction which affords many other clues to a person's demeanor and intentions when interacting with each other. One doesn't get that on an Internet forum and things come off differently than they are intended. Especially under the guise of percieved friendships with people we know very little about in reality. Not to lessen the value or quality of any relationships but very few people have interactions on Internet forums that really give a complete picture of just who this person you call "friend" or "brother" or "sister" really is. I'm not paranoid, I just have a different view. I'm not rambling, I am just trying to explain my viewpoint. Unfortunatly, it is dismissed as nothing more than BS most of the time for whatever reason. Yet, if I upset someone, I either have to apologize or be derided and cast out. Nice double standard.

• MacLeod
    edited November 2005
    nopity.gif

• Thom
    edited November 2005
    But unless Mac called your mom out by name, or if he grew up next to you and knew her I don't see how you could possibly take offense.

And Josh's parents obviously didn't do their job. Why'd you have to bring that up? Now Josh is going to cry.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2005
    Thom wrote:
    But unless Mac called your mom out by name, or if he grew up next to you and knew her I don't see how you could possibly take offense.

And Josh's parents obviously didn't do their job. Why'd you have to bring that up? Now Josh is going to cry.
    your mom is so fat when she falls off the bed, she falls off both sides...and dont even get me started w/ macleod's mom, it takes her 2 trips to haul ****.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • swerve
    edited November 2005
    your mom is so fat when she falls off the bed, she falls off both sides...and dont even get me started w/ macleod's mom, it takes her 2 trips to haul ****.
    your mom is so dumb she read the dictionary thinking it was the bible.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    edited November 2005
    Your mom is so poor, the other day I saw her kicking a can down the street. I asked her what she was doing she said, "moving".

• exalted512
    edited November 2005
    dude...wtf? why are you talking about my mom...you dont know me.

besides, it was a shoe box, not a can!
    -Cody
  • swerve
    edited November 2005
    Your mom's **** are so saggy.......

ahhh **** it...

GO POLK AUDIO!
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited November 2005
    your mommas so fat she takes up both sides of the family tree.
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited November 2005
    i have the feeling cody could do this for a long time... how bout just a 'best of' selection? :D
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • swerve
    edited November 2005
    EDIT: I'm done.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2005
    Uh boy...

Well... I hate to say it, wait, no I don't hate to say it, but I agree with Jstas (on some points).

1 - Yes the car looks very pretty.
    2 - Yes I could tell from first look it was either a bimmer or a lexus dropped and modified... that alone gets someone a certain amount of credit because you don't just go and chop up a 40++++ thousand dollar car if you don't have an idea of what you're doing... so it implies that you do know what you're doing, and thus, you get a certain amount of credibility.
    3 - No, you do not need 10,000 speakers in a "street" car to be appreciated for what it is. It is not an spl car, or an sq competition car... it's a performance vehicle with a nice audio system. It just so happens to be polk, and we like polk, and that's good.
    4 - Building a motor / car until it "feels good to you" is not a bad thing. I will never test my 318 Interceptor at a track, nor will I ever really give a damn. As long as it gives me the feel and hop I want, I'm happy. As I would say are most people who are not actually drag racing a given particular vehicle. Dynotesting, if you're not racing or diagnosing the health of a motor with relation to what it is supposed to dyno out at, is nothing more than something to compensate for an otherwise f***** up ego problem.

And now the flip side...

1- My "I don't like Asian girls" came from the fact that about 3/4 of the "japanese performance and euro tuning" articles you see with photos of "hopped up" rice wagons always have an Asian girl draped across the hood. The comment was directed at my hatred of rice buckets, not the aforementioned women. You are quite attractive, and while I almost never apologize, I'll apologize for saying that. I really didn't think it was YOUR car. Not that women don't build great sports / audio cars, but it's just more common to see female model with a car than a female owner with a car.

2 - It's a damn shame you took a beautiful vehicle and riced it out like something out of 2F2F. The fact that people even know what that abbreviation means bothers me. But to each his own. I've been chided because I made a 4x4 into a 4x2 ... I don't really give a **** though, and neither should you, it's your car, be proud of it because it makes you happy.

3 - Flashing an Eprom is child's play. It's also utterly idiotic. 99 out of 100 vehicle OEM computers will never give the performance output of an aftermarket computer (I do not mean "chip" or "module", I mean an entire computer). It costs more money, more time, and more effort to get an OEM module to work 1/3 as good as an aftermarket one. And the only benefit is that you keep stock gauges and controls, well if you do a good enough job of hopping it up, the stock gauges are worthless... top speed is well beyond top speed on the dash, as well as peak rpm. Temperature, Vaccuum, Boost, Voltage, and Oil pressure gauges should all be replaced or installed with high quality aftermarket units (complete with senders). Antilock braking will not require the OEM Computer, and most all ABS modules are either standalone or a separate board inside the OEM computer than can be removed by simply cracking the casing open and installing in a new smaller casing. Aftermarket Fuel Injection systems are far superior to OEM systems. Aftermarket performance spark control systems (and I don't mean Mallory Capacitive shithole discharge boxes) are far superior to OEM units... Most modern vehicles use a cam shaft sensor and crankshaft sensor to determine spark control... These are not always of the greatest accuracy or build quality. Replacing them with high quality aftermarket units is the same thing as replacing a piece of scrap stock distributor with a MSD billet unit, and replacing the rotor and cap with a high quality aftermarket alternative. ALso - Aftermarket systems come with coil over plug units for each cylinder (or often relocated individual coils for each cylinder if space /mounting is an issue), and signal wires all feed to a central control unit. It basically replaces everything under the hood except the headlights. As far as electronically controlled transmissions -- that's problem #1. Electronic valve body trnamissions and electric lock up torque converters are wholly scrap for performance use. Manual (hydraulic) valve bodies and non-lockup TC's are where the meat is at. They're not nearly as efficient on gas, or even a smooth of a ride... but dammit they function like a Sherman Tank busting through a desert sand dune. This would of course require you yanked the tranny, rebuilt it or had it rebuilt by one of the few people on this planet that actually reverse engineer modern transmissions for anything but heavy duty trucks. Do all of that, rehone the cylinder walls and replace the pistons with high compression units... port and polish the head(s)... put a high quality header(s) on there, and run a 2 1/2 inch exhaust out the back with a glass pack flow through muffler. It sounds liek a lot of work, but the result is cheaper, easier in the end, and more reliable than ghetto rigging stock equipment. Hypertech (just for the sake of giving a brand name or two) and Bullydog are two common "programmers" for trucks... I am not familiar with the "car" ones, but they're the same kind of junk. You can squeak a little here and there, but nothing substantial. You then go to do some "self probing" and end up with some hairy mess of **** that some guy in guatamala (nothing against guatamala) made to reprogram the ECU and CCU. Half the time you fry the Eproms, the other half the time you end up with data corruption beyond your own reassembly.

4 - His and my opinions may mean nothing to you, and that's all fine and well... that's not the damn point though. I suppose he should have done as I and just shut up after an initial comment, but alas, we're all mouthy in here. Our opinions are not (I believe I can speak for him on this, but I may be wrong) directed at you so much as they are directed at an industry that promotes band-aid fixes and upgrades that cost high dollar and provide little benefit, often damage. There is no reason for "giggle juice" in a vehicle that isn't being dragged... I belive you self admitted that by running the tanks dry now and switching to a turbo. The turbo is the real world answer... the Nitrous is a bandaid. I am sick and godly tired of seeing dumbass kids with (believe it or not) Cavalier's with "NOS" bottles in the BACK WINDOW - not even in the bloody trunk, the goddamn rear deck space by the back window.... as if to say "watch out, I'm juiced". It's like "my god, you space cadet!".

I'm now going to go back to drinking heavily and watching television.

g'day all.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
This discussion has been closed.