Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited November 2005
    Forget the exterior... where are pics of the interior?
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • Emerald
    Emerald Posts: 42
    edited November 2005
    uh, 'in' the magazine....

Theres not much on the Audio part of the car. Since its Superstreet. The setup is pretty straight forward.
    [Lexus SC400T][Lexus SC300][850BMW][S13 Silvia][S13 180sx]
    [ DriftGirl.org ]B][COLOR=Red]POLK[/COLOR] AUDIO[/B[MsEmerald.com]
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2005
    Wow. A 1400hp Scion! :eek:

lol
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2005
    Uhh, those pics have been in our system showcase for a long time.

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/installs/view.php?id=62

What do they do, look around on the net for pics of peoples' stuff to publish in their mag??!?!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2005
    prolly ... and i dont like asian girls.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Emerald
    edited November 2005
    Uh, its not OUR. Those are MY old pictures here on the Polk site.
    - They are not the images used in the Magazine article
    - Superstreet sent a photographer up here to shoot the car.
    - They've been after the car before I was even running Polk Audio
    - I'm the girl in the pictures
    - It's MY car
    - I really dont give a F' if you dont like 'Asian girls'....nobody asked.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2005
    I think the car looks good. I like the paint scheme. A lot of imports always seem to be bright yellow or green or blue or whatever. I like the dark candy apple on this.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2005
    In your first post, the pic is underneath where you typed "page 80", so I thought you had scanned it from the magazine, hence my comments about the pic already being on our web site. Congrats on gettin' in the mag!
  • Emerald
    edited November 2005
    PolkThug wrote:
    In your first post, the pic is underneath where you typed "page 80", so I thought you had scanned it from the magazine, hence my comments about the pic already being on our web site. Congrats on gettin' in the mag!

ohh, no prob ;)

and thank you :)
    MacLeod wrote:
    I think the car looks good. I like the paint scheme. A lot of imports always seem to be bright yellow or green or blue or whatever. I like the dark candy apple on this.

Thank you :cool:
  • audiobliss
    edited November 2005
    To be honest I couldn't tell it was a Lexus, but it looks very nice. Maybe not quite stealth, but it's not real flashy, either; looks nice.

Congrats!
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2005
    ... i want the little power wheels lookin mini-car in that picture. it looks fun.

I want some string cheese.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited November 2005
    *yawn*

...alot of money in that car right there.

I wonder who did all the work?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited November 2005
    Asian girls are purty. So are their cars it seems.

Congrats on the photo spread. Nice job. Did you do the work yourself or sub it out?

Are the NOS bottles there for looks or do you have them spraying that 4.o dohc v8?
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Jstas
    edited November 2005
    Another question. I never heard of a Lexus SC400t. What does the "t" mean?

• ND13
    edited November 2005
    Touring edition I believe. I'll see if I can find out anything in my books about it.

There's a bunch of Lexus Club threads with the SC400T in them here...

http://www.google.com/search?hs=i13&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=Lexus+SC400T+&btnG=Search

My appraisal books don't differentiate on that old of a model, so no info there.
  • audiobliss
    edited November 2005
    Certainly is one of the prettier cars in Lexus' history.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • MacLeod
    edited November 2005
    I dunno, personally I think the car is the LEAST attractive thing in those pictures. ;)
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Emerald
    edited November 2005
    Jstas wrote:
    *yawn*

...alot of money in that car right there.

I wonder who did all the work?
    *yawn*??? Read the article...........
    ND13 wrote:
    Asian girls are purty. So are their cars it seems.

Congrats on the photo spread. Nice job. Did you do the work yourself or sub it out?

Are the NOS bottles there for looks or do you have them spraying that 4.o dohc v8?

Thank you. :)

I build cars. I did EVERYTHING on the car. Audio/Video, Custom composite work, paint,crappy welding....the whole 9. The nitrous is running (Dry), one bottle only. I used to only have nitrous in the images here in the Polk gallery. I have since fabricated a turbo setup for the 1uzfe. I had planned on removing the nitrous and laying out Polk Amps in plain view....

I left it wired and plumbed into the engine, but havent used it since being boosted.

Thanks again. :cool: It was nice to have them notice the work i'd put into the car.
  • audiobliss
    edited November 2005
    Wow, you certainly did a lot of work, then. How much boost are you running? Have you had it on a dyno or taken it to a track? You know what she'll do? I guess you've done a bit of work to the suspension, too, no? Are those small rotors on the back, or does it actually have drums on the rear?
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • Emerald
    edited November 2005
    Jstas wrote:
    Another question. I never heard of a Lexus SC400t. What does the "t" mean?
    I 'put' the T there...for "Turbo". :p There are VERY few Turbo sc400's running around. You can count the turbo (V8) SC400's on one hand........
  • Emerald
    edited November 2005
    audiobliss wrote:
    Wow, you certainly did a lot of work, then. How much boost are you running? Have you had it on a dyno or taken it to a track? You know what she'll do? I guess you've done a bit of work to the suspension, too, no? Are those small rotors on the back, or does it actually have drums on the rear?

I run 8lbs daily, but have gone up to 16. Ive also gone thru 3 engines in the past year and a half :( Ive never been to a track in any of my cars, I dont really focus on 1/4 times or dyno numbers. I just build them till they 'feel good' to me :p

Lots of suspension work. Thats actually the first mods I started on with this car. Has 4 wheel disk brakes
  • Jstas
    edited November 2005
    Emerald wrote:
    I 'put' the T there...for "Turbo". :p There are VERY few Turbo sc400's running around. You can count the turbo (V8) SC400's on one hand........

That's what I thought.

Sorry, I'm just not that impressed. It's a nice car. You put alot of money and time into it, I'm just not that impressed.

• Emerald
    edited November 2005
    Jstas wrote:
    That's what I thought.

Sorry, I'm just not that impressed. It's a nice car. You put alot of money and time into it, I'm just not that impressed.

Thats cool......

Im glad that your opinion doesnt mean crap to anyone but you...or it wouldve never made publication. :D

I didnt build it to impress you.....I built it for me.

If anyone else happens to enjoy the car as well, then its purely coincidence. :p
  • ND13
    edited November 2005
    You go girl!!!!! :D:D:D

Now tell him you don't care for F150 Lightnings :eek:
  • Jstas
    edited November 2005
    Emerald wrote:
    Thats cool......

Im glad that your opinion doesnt mean crap to anyone but you...or it wouldve never made publication. :D

I didnt build it to impress you.....I built it for me.

If anyone else happens to enjoy the car as well, then its purely coincidence. :p

Wow, that's neat! I guess that is why you enter it into shows where in can be judged against a set of criteria interpreted by judges who score your vehicle against those intepreted criteria. I guess those people's opinons don't matter too, huh?

Like I said, the car is nice, you put alot of work in to it. You were also featured in Super Street right along with the ricer wannabes. I never tried to take away from your hard work, I never told you that your hard work and time and money were not impressive. I only said I wasn't impressed.

Add to that the fact that you have "never been to a track in any of your cars" and you "dont really focus on 1/4 times or dyno numbers" because you "just build them till they 'feel good' to you" and it starts to give light as to why you've "gone thru 3 engines in the past year and a half".

That leaves me with a couple of questions. What "suspension mods" have you done? They would probably have to be fabricated because I don't see the SC300/400 aftermarket being all that large. Also, you stated that it "Has 4 wheel disk brakes" which I would be more impressed with if I didn't have a strong suspicion that the vehicle came with them in stock form.

Last question though. If my opinion matters so little you, then why did/do you get so incensed with it? You seem quite angry over something you care so little about.

I would also "read the article" but I can't bring myself to waste money on Super Street. I'm not impressed with the car because it looks like a Lexus with expensive wheels, an expensive paint job and lots of little CF and shiney metal bits on the interior with an engine which has a turbo system that wasn't all that well thought out. If it was, it probably wouldn't be blowing engines on an average of 6 month intervals.

If I were you, I'd 86' the turbo kit and stick with the giggle gas. The SC400 has a stout engine to begin with but like most Japanese engines, tolerances are tight and they don't take well to aftermarket hook-ups. You could probably do as much as a 200 shot of the giggle gas if you upgraded the fuel system, exhaust and intake tract with the only other mod being a PROM flash to the computer.

You might want to rethink your policy on not running on dynos and race tracks. You'd probably stop killing engines and get to keep the turbo if you got your A/F ratio under control. You should also stop dialing the boost past 1 bar because that much pressure on a high compression engine without serious intercooler capacity is most likely what is causing your blown engine problems. Hell, pushing anything over 6 psi through a high compression engine without an intercooler and running a steady diet of CAM2 is gonna cause you problems without any time on a dyno reading A/F ratios through the entire RPM range and adjusting fuel and spark timing maps.

I might be more impressed if you got your loose ends tied up and had reliable car that ran like stink on pump gas and didn't jar your kidneys over every expansion joint in the road.

• thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited November 2005
    Emerald wrote:
    Uh, its not OUR.
    - I really dont give a F' if you dont like 'Asian girls'....nobody asked.

I like :D

The set up is nice too...
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited November 2005
    LOL thats some funny **** there. :rolleyes:
  • MacLeod
    edited November 2005
    Didnt your momma ever tell ya if you cant say anything nice then dont say anything at all? She shouldve.

She's proud of her car and should be so she posts pics on here to show it off. If had the the skill to do that to a car, Id show it off too.

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited November 2005
    Right, I love when guys come up to our booth at a show and say "I heard your speakers suck." OK, then why even come up to us? One of these days someone will get punched in the face. Most cars I see doesn't impress me, but I don't feel the need to tell people.
This discussion has been closed.