Anybody catch Pimp My Ride tonight?

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    edited August 2005
    People need to realize that there is a definite segregation in music, and its just a matter of culture and what not. There are very* few black rockers that I know of...

And there are very few white rappers I know of (and can actually pull it off)...

Isnt anything racist about it as Mac said...

Pimp My Ride completely blows my mind.. at how bads peoples taste has gotten the past few years... the way new cars look the majority of the time can be explained if you just watch PMR...

That buick they redid with the Jackhammer... I would of just rather drove it around in the before condition... seriously... why would I want to drive around a Matchbox car? No thank you...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited August 2005
    But those fake exhuast pipes on the side underneath the doors were tight :). I can't wait to outfit my Max with those :D .

The good thing is that my honey would bring me back to Earth very quickly ;) .

I thought the one with the pacer was pretty out there.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    Its all about getting attention nowadays and being loud in music and paint schemes is how you do it.

How else do you explain 22" wheels on a car? That is the stupides thing Ive ever see, more so even than those tine little 10" wheels everybody had to have about 10 years ago. Used to be you did things that were functional, like blowers, hood scoops, fat tires, headers and the like. Todays customizations have virtually nothing to do with performance. The whole idea of making a "muscle car" out of a Civic is a perfect example.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • 1996blackmax
    edited August 2005
    It is pretty funny to see a Civic spank a way more expensive "faster" car :). Granted most of the ones that I have seen are just ricey and for show (here in San Diego we have so many with fartcans as the only "performance" mod, and they are annoying as heck), but every once in a while there is that one that you have to watch out for.

I had a guy pull up next to me at a light in a Civic/CRX. I looked over and I said what the heck, he was like right next to me, with the steering wheel on the passenger's side. I rolled my window down and talked to him for a little bit (this light takes for ever to change), this thing was fixed up pretty nicely. He had it shipped over from Japan. The car was not riced out at all, at first glance you would have though he only lowered it, the guy put some dough in it for performance stuff. Something like this I like, but all these other cars with huge wing and fartcans, I just say why bother.

With my own car I did subtle upgades, stuff an average joe would not really notice. I did most of this at around 100k and it felt like I had a new car (the rims I got at about 22k). To me in made a big difference in how the car handles (it was like getting a new vehicle), but it still looks pretty close to stock :). When I see car's like mine with 20" heavy chrome rims (not good for performance or saving gas), I just laugh.
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2005
    they actually redid an old 60's mustang and didn't make it ****. they got all new original reproduction chrome and body logos like the little mustang round fender and rear trunk symbols and stuff.

they did the interior very sporty in white leather, very 60's style. the only "trick" they did to the car was they painted the head liner to look like ocean waves or something like that. other than that, they did a good job. i think it just had like two small 10's, 4 coaxials, and a head unit,nothin crazy.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited August 2005
    they actually redid an old 60's mustang and didn't make it ****. they got all new original reproduction chrome and body logos like the little mustang round fender and rear trunk symbols and stuff.

they did the interior very sporty in white leather, very 60's style. the only "trick" they did to the car was they painted the head liner to look like ocean waves or something like that. other than that, they did a good job. i think it just had like two small 10's, 4 coaxials, and a head unit,nothin crazy.

The dark green one? I liked it except for the headliner and the rims. I can't stand those `bling' rims on a beautiful old car like that.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited August 2005
    I seem to remember an older Mustang. I thought they ruined it. Like everything else.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Dizzy_124dvc
    Dizzy_124dvc Posts: 27
    edited August 2005
    Nope, they did try something stupid with the 'Stang, but the boss caught them. They installed a flamethrower in the exhaust. Honestly, for that money, I'd rather have nitrous oxide.

PMR never does anything beneficial to the engine. I remember a CRX before when they installed a hood "scoop" - they showed the underside of the hood, surprise! no holes. the "scoop" was just sitting there. The Mustang, if I remember right, the owner just blew her money on a newer small block. I think I actually saw the displacement on the block and it was bigger than 302 - can anyone confirm this? my memory's sketchy.
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited August 2005
    Nope, they did try something stupid with the 'Stang, but the boss caught them. They installed a flamethrower in the exhaust. Honestly, for that money, I'd rather have nitrous oxide.

nitrous is a worse idea than the flamethrower...
    cats.vans.bag...
  • 1996blackmax
    edited August 2005
    Done right, having a car fed by a bottle would be fun.
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2005
    the owner was a tom boy - she had taken machine shop and built her own engine for the car, didn't paint the motor or anything, but it hauled **** and was done "pretty decent" for a first timer. So they didn't have to do any motor work at all. just body work. those damn rims sucked.
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited August 2005
    And there are very few white rappers I know of (and can actually pull it off)...

Because you watch too much MTV
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    edited August 2005
    Thom wrote:
    Because you watch too much MTV

My hours watching MTV are possibly in the negative, especially on their "reality shows" - my time spent on there is in the insomniac theater or w/e - where they play music videos for 7-8 hours straight... granted they are the same exact 12 music videos... haha... but the first time around they are decent... well... some of them... ok... 1 or 2 of them, but whos counting.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • michael_w
    edited August 2005
    Putting flamethrowers on a car can be pretty cheap. It depends how you do it but my friend did it to his monte carlo for under $50 (cdn). Slightly illegal but a good way to keep someone from tailgating :D
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2005
    can't you do flame throwers with just a spark plug in each tail pipe and a 40 thousand volt ignition coil mounted under the rear bumper with a relay to the coil ground going up to a push button on the dash - when you dump the throttle and then pull off it real quick at a light or stop sign, you should get rich enough vapors coming out the exhaust to ignite and "throw flame" temporarily.

... i may try this on "John Henry Holliday" as he's just about done and I do have a spare coil laying around.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited August 2005
    Yep, that will work. Works best with the cats removed.
  • 1996blackmax
    edited August 2005
    michael_w wrote:
    t a good way to keep someone from tailgating :D

That would be great to be able to do that :D .

It is usually some jerk in a SUV, the thing is that there is nowhere for you to go because there is a car in front of you, and in front of that car. This pussles me when people do that. Why should the whole lane move for them? :rolleyes:
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited August 2005
    cause they're bigger than you, therefore they own the road...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    Oh quit your whining you little pussies.

"Wah, SUV's are too big and I cant see around them in my squatty little ricer and since I only have 24 horsepower I cant pass them."
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • 1996blackmax
    edited August 2005
    I can actually pass them with ease in my Maxima. It has a little more than 24 ponies :) . The problem is that the jerks tailgate when there is steady traffic, with no real room to move up.
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • michael_w
    edited August 2005
    I can't quite remember how he has the flamethrowers set up but they do make a cool fireball out of each tailpipe. I'll ask him about the details... his titanium drag blocks with airbags are also pretty cool :) I have a video of the drag blocks in action but not the flamethrowers.
  • neomagus00
    edited August 2005
    drag blocks?

and i can pass any suv like it's standing still, that's not the issue, it's when they think they can do the same - that is, when they believe they're just driving a big car - that issues arise. i don't mind suvs much in and of themselves, excepting their horrid gas mileage, it's the people in most of them that i dislike... as long as you understand that you're driving something completely different from a car, that it handles and responds differently and that people treat your vehicle differently, then no biggie...

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • michael_w
    edited August 2005
    The drag block things are little titanium cubes mounted to the back of the car and will scrape the ground when he drops the back end of his car (with the fast airbags). When they scrape they make large white/yellow sparks shoot out.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited August 2005
    I don't mind SUV's, but I don't understand why [bleeps] have to be talking on the cell phone while they drive them. I've lost count of how many times I've almost been clipped.
  • neomagus00
    edited August 2005
    michael_w wrote:
    The drag block things are little titanium cubes mounted to the back of the car and will scrape the ground when he drops the back end of his car (with the fast airbags). When they scrape they make large white/yellow sparks shoot out.
    sparks are a good thing? i can think of much cooler uses for titanium :p

• PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2005
    i've never owned anything but pickup trucks... pickup trucks that i drive like sports cars. but - the only thing in my favor that makes me better than an suv driver is that i realize that what i'm driving is not going to corner like an RX8 or stop on a dime like a nissan Z. suv "people" seem (well most of them) to not understand this.
  • 1996blackmax
    edited August 2005
    Even the people who do not drive them need to understand that it takes a little longer for these bigger vehicles to stop. I am always amazed when traffic is slowing down and there is an idiot that cuts off a semi as this is happening. I have seen a couple of semis have to make their tires smoke due to these folks. I know this is a whole different ball park than the SUV, but it should be very obvious that you need to give bigger vehicles some room.
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2005
    ya but you know what i dont understand....

suv's are no bigger than pickup trucks. a "big" suv - say a Suburban or an Excursion is about the size of a F-150 or a Ram. you've got a few more pounds new to the roof on the back, but its not enough to really affect the way it rides. Air resistance / aerodynamics? It's the same as driving a pickup with a cap on the back...

so WHY - GOD WHY - do people make it some big deal that an "suv is so hard to drive, it's this big vehicle that needs more room so that these poor poor wary souls who are piloting them can move around..."

it's a friggin truck with a cap - the driver does not deserve any more room than i do. i don't get **** for room. i have to stab the gas for every inch and pump the brakes and pray i dont slam into whats in front of me... i've just gotten used to it and don't complain because i made a choice to buy a 4,500 pound vehicle.

so some **** with a 4,700 pound vehicle isn't going to get any sympathy for me, and i'm utterly disgusted by the world's perception that "suv's" are like some kind of a handicap.

jesus **** christ, it's a goodamn box on rollerskates... 40 years ago, every car was a box on rollerskates...

4 words - "go cry it off"
  • michael_w
    edited August 2005
    Just watch the damn video neo lol :p

fancy movie - right click and save as (it's an .avi btw)

not sure how long before yahoo shuts down my site again for using too much bandwidth from watching the movie but meh.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2005
    I think I'm going to put a Cow Pusher on the front of John Henry Holliday and use it to slam into the back of SUV's at 70 mph with 400+ ft pounds of classic mopar torque behind me.

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/pix/sv/fb/CowCatcher.html