Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited August 2005
    Options
    nick13 wrote:
    determined

which is also areally goodsong

are the majority of the ppl here rap listeners?
    a majority of the regulars are not, but a majority of the guests are...

i personally listen to rap on occasion, but mac says, "if you can't hum it, it's not music!", so he doesn't ever listen to rap :)

and we have our old smilies back! w00t!
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Ain't No Future in Yo Frontin' -MC Breed
  • landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited August 2005
    Options
    PolkThug wrote:

"I neva got caught with a kilo, and if you eva did it would neva be with me yo."

I haven't heard that in years. :)
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited August 2005
    Options
    PolkThug wrote:

I remember that one. Would be interesting to listen to that one now. :)
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • PolkThug
    edited August 2005
    Options
  • PolkThug
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Back to Boom -Kid Sensation (his solo project away from Mixalot)
  • landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited August 2005
    Options
    DJ Magic Mike-Feel the Bass.

Bass Patrol-All Hoes

Too $hort-Cuss Words

Spice 1- Welcome to the Ghetto or 187 Pure
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited August 2005
    Options
    bass patrol - nothing but bass

It has some alright bass but it's almost more of a tester as I would never listen to it unless I was testing my sub.

The cds Dido: No Angel and Coldplay: Parachutes have some fairly bassy songs if you aren't really into the rap stuff.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I just picked up the 2 Gorrilaz cds and the bass is WAY OVERKILL.

LZ's "No Quarter" has great bass, especially for the time.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • neomagus00
    edited August 2005
    Options
    didja know Gorrilaz (sp?) is only one guy?

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Huh?

I thought it was 3 dudes. All their videos are cartoons, and kinda cool ones too, and they always have 3 dudes.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Bass? Hmmm...Michael Jackson, Tina Turner. I'd have to listen Billy Idol and Judas Priest albums to feel if their bass works out the SVS or not. I was dissappointed by a lot of older albums for their lack of bass, starting from CCR.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Isn't gorrilaz just one rich european millionare that has a passion for making wierd music?
  • neomagus00
    edited August 2005
    Options
    http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.07/gorillaz.html

i'm not sure about rich or millionaire, but they're europeans, yep, and there's one music guy and one art guy...

• coldrealms
    coldrealms Posts: 46
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Nine Inch Nails - Closer from "the downward spiral"
    Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth from "with Teeth"
    Nine Ince Nails - Burn from "Downward Spiral SE Disc2"
    Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love From "not another movie soundtrack"
    Marilyn Manson - Seizure Of Power - "Resident evil soundtrack" (End of song
    is fantastic mid-bass and sub-bass stress test.)
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2005
    Options
    coldrealms wrote:
    Nine Inch Nails - Closer from "the downward spiral"
    Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth from "with Teeth"
    Nine Ince Nails - Burn from "Downward Spiral SE Disc2"
    Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love From "not another movie soundtrack"
    Marilyn Manson - Seizure Of Power - "Resident evil soundtrack" (End of song
    is fantastic mid-bass and sub-bass stress test.)
    i like your taste
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • drummer81
    drummer81 Posts: 20
    edited August 2005
    Options
    master p, burbins' and cadillacs, I think thats what it's called.
    vanilla ice, ice ice baby. Its totaly **** but hits hard.
    most country music, resort to previous comment.
    DJ Irene, launch.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2005
    Options
    drummer81 wrote:
    master p, burbins' and cadillacs, I think thats what it's called.
    vanilla ice, ice ice baby. Its totaly **** but hits hard.
    most country music, resort to previous comment.
    DJ Irene, launch.

just curious. what makes this music totally ****? how is **** music different from straight music? very interesting. **** music usually has a beat and straight music does not? is that what U mean???
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Best of Bass Syndicate ultra low bass.. it will hit lower than any music out there on CD
    best track is called Silicon Bass - (sub sonic transducer SPL test) it is music. not just low tones. the other good track on there is called stereo three dimensional test it's quite good on the SDA's. :cool:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • PolkThug
    edited August 2005
    Options
    danger boy wrote:
    just curious. what makes this music totally ****? how is **** music different from straight music? very interesting. **** music usually has a beat and straight music does not? is that what U mean???

Looks like you don't have any gaydar. :p

The word **** also evolved to mean "stupid" which is how he used it.
  • tecmo04
    tecmo04 Posts: 421
    edited August 2005
    Options
    does anyone know of any good modern jazz stuff?? weve been talking alot about rap (even though i love the bass). im trying to expand my horizons. besides the only good thing about rap is turning my 2 12's up as high as they go and drowning out the mids and highs...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    edited August 2005
    Options
    hee-hee, now that the forum s/w's been upgraded here, I can see new posts in forums I don't browse...

I don't do car stereo, or subwoofers, but I do have some experience with bass reproduction... If you would like to hear some bass, something a little out of the ordinary for the car subwoofer culture, try Way Down Deep from Jennifer Warnes' album "The Hunter". It's a speaker torture test.

Another track with torture-test bass is "Three O'clock Blues" on Eric Clapton/BB King's "Riding with the King".
  • neomagus00
    edited August 2005
    Options
    the 'car subwoofer culture'?

• mhardy6647
    edited August 2005
    Options
  • tecmo04
    edited August 2005
    Options
    i would definatly call it a "culture". its mainly the "punk kids" (me included) who like to buy the biggest and loudest speakers i can afford. then compleatly overpower them untill the point where your ears blead, and windows cracks. but now u ask me what about the highs and mids? for the most part (at least in my car) non exsistant.

man i need to grow up already...
  • neomagus00
    edited August 2005
    Options
    <rant>
    zactly my point... if that's what you're into and you RECOGNISE that that's what you're into, it's all good. it's when people say 'car audio people' and lump both me and you into that category, that's when i have problems, cause they assume everyone is the ignorant version of you - loud bass, no highs, and no clue. you have a clue, which makes it okay, to each his own, maturity has nothing to do with it. it's when people assume that car audio people have never heard of 'real' music that i get angry - for example, the first four cd's in my carrying case right now are Disturbed's The Sickness, Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill, Static-X's Shadow Zone, and a compilation of Bach organ works. The CD i'm currently listening to is eMotive by A Perfect Circle, and the one currently in my car is Jewel's Pieces of You.

no, we don't all listen to only rap and yes some of us do know what good audio is.
    </rant>

• mhardy6647
    edited August 2005
    Options
    zactly my point... if that's what you're into and you RECOGNISE that that's what you're into, it's all good. it's when people say 'car audio people' and lump both me and you into that category, that's when i have problems, cause they assume everyone is the ignorant version of you - loud bass, no highs, and no clue. you have a clue, which makes it okay, to each his own, maturity has nothing to do with it. it's when people assume that car audio people have never heard of 'real' music that i get angry - for example, the first four cd's in my carrying case right now are Disturbed's The Sickness, Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill, Static-X's Shadow Zone, and a compilation of Bach organ works. The CD i'm currently listening to is eMotive by A Perfect Circle, and the one currently in my car is Jewel's Pieces of You.

cool enough... you might like Jennifer Warnes (who has a fine voice, BTW, a little like Linda Ronstadt, if you've never heard her) and the slam of "Way Down Deep" (a beautiful, sultry song) is hard not to like!
  • drummer81
    drummer81 Posts: 20
    edited August 2005
    Options
    danger boy wrote:

**** and strait music can both have beats, **** music is just fluffier, almost like christian rock music. sounds good at first, but something isn't quite right, like diet soda.

just to say, i am not against **** or christians, and not even the music.
  • tecmo04
    edited August 2005
    Options
    +1^ neo

everyday i concider upgradeing my mids and highs and turning down the subs but eh im totaly addicted to bass...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I get the same thing. I tell people Im into car audio and the first thing they ask is "how many subs you got and how big are they?"

I tell them Im only running a single 8 with about 300 watts and they look so disappointed.

I hate that people associate car audio with the dumbasses with 4 18's in their trunks rattling sheet metal and stock speakers!

Im totally into SQ. Bass is cool and all and I love to watch a good SPL battle as much as the next guy but it gets on my nerves to listen to. My sub is no louder than the mids/tweets and thats by design. Bass should be an extension of the midrange and not overpower it.

I have no problem with bass freaks, everybody likes what they like. I just with more people were into car audio for SQ and not for showing off.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D