sr6500's

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2005
    Yeah, Ive seen that one before. That is some damn fine craftmanship. Im leary of cutting holes in my sheetmetal thought. My kick panel area should be big enough that I wont have to cut anything out.

But there is another SQ guy with the tweeters mounted in the kicks though.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2005
    im tellin ya, tweeters mounted in the kicks in a car is much different that tweeters mounted in the kicks in a truck...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2005
    I know, but with the tweeters in the A's of a truck the distance between the 2 tweets are really skewed since the passenger side is so far away.

With them in the kicks, theyre most equally distant.

I think this would make the stage more centered but the height would suffer. With them in the A's the height would be right but the imaging would suffer.

Plus with all that glass you take a chance on the tweeters being a little harsh.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited July 2005
    glass both the midbass and the tweeter in the a-pillar
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2005
    I meant windshield glass. :D

• exalted512
    edited July 2005
    yea i know, but you said itd seperate them a lot...well, problem solved:p
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2005
    John Sketoe has his Accord setup like that. Tweeter and 4" mid in his A pillars and he's won more SQ comps than you can shake a stick at so it is possible.

But I like the kicks for the "stealth" approach. I like not seeing any speakers.

• exalted512
    edited July 2005
    i thought about it in my truck but it sounded like ****, but i know where youre coming from wanting everything to be stealth. i get kind of scared knowing that everyone in the world can see my tweeters...
    -Cody
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited July 2005
    is that like the nightmare where you have to give a speech to a giant crowd in your underwear?

mac - why not give it a shot, it can't hurt... i used pipe clamps (the ones that look roughly like :
    _   _
     \_/

)
    and mounted the clamp to the mid with one screw-hole, then twisted the crap outta the clamp and attached the tweet to the other hole, then bent the thing a bit more to aim it... wasn't pretty, but it got the job done enough for testing...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2005
    I could maybe even make some kicks out of 1/2" plywood. The area under the dash is huge in my truck so it wouldnt be as tight and cramped as in that Civic.

I want to do it right tho, I dont want to buy a set of $750 speakers and simply slap em in the stock locations. There is nothing wrong with that but these speakers deserve better! ;)

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by 05LegacyGT
    Will they be available before the 1st of August??

I've heard from a few Tweeter guys that like the looks of them, so they are officially in stores. How many I don't know, but whoever ordered them should have them by now. And still a week from August...:)
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by Josh
    Kick it, biznitch! Fibaglizzass!

Received my Fiberglass fabrication DVD yesterday. :cool:
  • exalted512
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    Received my Fiberglass fabrication DVD yesterday. :cool:
    -Cody
  • PolkThug
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by exalted512
    -Cody

You're just jealous cuz you can't even mold bread. :D
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by exalted512
    -Cody
    i take that offensive.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • neomagus00
    edited July 2005
    no, he's just dyslexic and a bad speller, i think he was going more for 'gaff', which is an alternate spelling of 'gaffe', which dictionary.com defines as "A blatant mistake or misjudgment", and i believe that that's a more appropriate description of PolkThug's purchase of a glassing DVD...

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • swerve
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    no, he's just dyslexic and a bad speller, i think he was going more for 'gaff', which is an alternate spelling of 'gaffe', which dictionary.com defines as "A blatant mistake or misjudgment", and i believe that that's a more appropriate description of PolkThug's purchase of a glassing DVD...
    :D I was just kiddin' but don't touch on metro.
    ahahaha

glassin' dvd... where'd you buy it? crutchfield (sounds like something that they would sell...)
    cats.vans.bag...
  • PolkThug
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by swerve

glassin' dvd... where'd you buy it? crutchfield (sounds like something that they would sell...)

From carstereo.com
  • swerve
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    From carstereo.com
    sweet, make sure you eat some popcorn while u watch it
    cats.vans.bag...
  • PolkThug
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by swerve
    sweet, make sure you eat some popcorn while u watch it

I was too busy huffing Duraglass. I have to watch it again.
  • swerve
    edited July 2005
    Yea I heard contricting the flow of blood to your brain is pretty cool....

not.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited July 2005
    instructions are for pansies;)
    -Cody
  • SqJay
    SqJay Posts: 4
    edited July 2005
    hey guys i just got a set and they look incredible, i cant wait to hear them.
    Sony Xes-P1
    Polk Sr6500
    Jl Audio 450/4
    Jl Audio 12W6V2
  • swerve
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by SqJay
    hey guys i just got a set and they look incredible, i cant wait to hear them.
    please post pikturs!
    cats.vans.bag...
  • neomagus00
    edited July 2005
    no shiite, you got the srs??? you can't come in here and say that without a listening test, what's wrong with you?!?! go!!! install!!

• swerve
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    no shiite, you got the srs??? you can't come in here and say that without a listening test, what's wrong with you?!?! go!!! install!!
    he shouldn't be able to say it without pictures or proof of purchase...
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Thom
    edited July 2005
    They're in stores now and Jay works for a dealer, so it's safe to believe him.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited July 2005
    Which dealer does Jay work for?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Thom
    edited July 2005
  • swerve
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by Thom
    They're in stores now and Jay works for a dealer, so it's safe to believe him.
    i just want pictures :D:D not saying i don't believe him...
    cats.vans.bag...