the mother of subs...

Options
2»

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited March 2002
    Options
    It's not that Russ is out to belittle everybody or show off, he's kinda like the **** enforcer around here. There can be quite a bit of that floating around at times, and he's just doing his civic duty by calling people on it.

Aaron
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited March 2002
    Options
    You're reading Mantis' post the wrong way. He's an objective and knowledgable person, not someone who will discredit equipment just because his store doesn't carry it. He didn't say anything bad about the Sunfire; he just said it wasn't in the same league as the Martin Logan. It shouldn't be either; the ML costs about $1000 more than the most expensive Sunfire. Does that take anything away from the Sunfire at it's price? Certainly not.

Aaron
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I hole piont to my post was that everything cost something.The question is what can you afford?I own the Psw450 and it does fine in my living room where my home theater lives for now.We are building a new house and I'm building a theater in the basement.If Polk still made them ,I would buy the psw1200.My partener at work own's it and one hell of a true sub.
    But back to this post......I personally don'y care for bashing other people's gear.It all cost alot of money,ton's really.Most of you guy's are nut's like me(thats what my Other half say's).I upgrade all the time.Just in the last year I have owned 3 receiver's,2 DVd player's,a Laser Disck player,rears,and rewired my system with Transparent from Monstercable.
    But a true subwoofer should play down to 20hz and if it don't,you don't have a true sub.
    Hey I don't own a true sub,and I work for a store that carries the best our hobbie has to offer.But I agree that stuff is most expensive,but I'm not gonna knock it just because I can't afford it.
    Will You??????
    Dan
    Ps. Thanks Arron for getting the point of my last post,I wasn't trying to bash KLH,sunfire or anybody else for that matter.I would buy a Sunfire true sub.I really like that sub,but my heart lies in the psw1200.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by Ron-P
    Looks like I may hold off on the SVS, take a cruise thru this thread at the new HSU VTF-3, looking to street soon with a tag close to that of the SVS 20-39PCi.

Thanks to Russ I've got Subs bouncing around inside my head.

Peace Out~:D

i am eager to start hearing about the results fo this sub as well.
    wondering if i should of held out for the vtf3 to come out? the vtf-2's are sweet, i can only imaging twice the power with the vtf-3. HSU definitely makes a quality product!