Gripe

Options

Comments

• wayne3burk
    wayne3burk Posts: 939
    edited May 2010
    Options
    this thread is not ten years olde -- someone give me a needle
    Yamaha RX-V2700, EMI 711As (front), RCA K-16 (rear), Magnavox Console (Center & TV Stand), Sony SMP-N200 media streamer, Dual 1249 TT =--- Sharp Aquas 60" LCD tellie
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Rolls Royces aren't all that....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "Dis house is sho gone crazi!":D ~The Three Stooges- "A Plumbing We Will Go"
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited May 2010
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I'm heading there right after this post. You're not.

XOXO

You have 20K posts, geezee, last time I thought it said 16K man oh man am I behind the times....
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited May 2010
    Options
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    You have 20K posts, geezee, last time I thought it said 16K man oh man am I behind the times....

What do you expect from someone who has been around since Christ was handing out fish. He's even rumored to be Jesus's long forgotten brother, Jessie Christ.:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited May 2010
    Options
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    You have 20K posts...

That's a lot of miles. Is that on a Rolls or a Toyota?
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2010
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    What do you expect from someone who has been around since Christ was handing out fish. He's even rumored to be Jesus's long forgotten brother, Jessie Christ.:)

:eek::eek::eek: I'm glad I am in Philly and far away from Chi-town when that lightening bolt hits you!!!:eek:
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited May 2010
    Options
    :eek::eek::eek: I'm glad I am in Philly QUOTE]

They just release you from the Hanoi Hilton or something?

Why drag this post up?
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Cause RuSsMaN was amorous towards Tomatoes at an ungodly hour of the morning.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jstas
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That's a lot of miles. Is that on a Rolls or a Toyota?

It was probably a Rolls. The Toyota accelerates by itself. Doesn't need a driver.

• LessisNevermore
    LessisNevermore Posts: 1,519
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    It was probably a Rolls. The Toyota accelerates by itself. Doesn't need a driver.

Oh what a feeling!:D:D

2626.jpg
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2010
    Options

:eek::D:D:D:D OMG. That was too funny John! Thanks for the belly laugh!:D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2010
    Options
    .....the more things change, the more things stay the same.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Norm Apter
    Norm Apter Posts: 1,036
    edited November 2010
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    .....the more things change, the more things stay the same.

BDT

TroyD...your comment in post #10 is really interesting even though it was obviously a lighthearted remark, given when you made it. Obviously nobody (or very few) knew what was upon us, but still kind of eerie in retrospect, no?
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects
  • Jstas
    Options
    Been 7 years since this gem of advice was dredged up from the gutter.

Needs to come back again, I think.

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Good work. Even after 16 years... Life is suck.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,586
    Options
    Blast from the past. A few banned one who moved on to a better forum.
    Some good nuggets in here.
  • Jstas
    Options
    The Banned users weren't necessarily banned. They just never logged in to the new forums after the switch over so their accounts were locked so they couldn't be compromised.

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Pretty soon it'll be like being pulled back into a 25 year Twin Peaks gap. Lol.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    The Banned users weren't necessarily banned. They just never logged in to the new forums after the switch over so their accounts were locked so they couldn't be compromised.
    True dat.

Reading through this reminds me of how many people just aren't around here anymore. Some by choice, and some not; hard to believe Mr Grand has been lost for over a year now...
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    polrbehr wrote: »
    Reading through this reminds me of how many people just aren't around here anymore. Some by choice, and some not; hard to believe Mr Grand has been lost for over a year now...

Hopefully, others just found out in the words of a Club Polk philosopher that "if you have all the money in the world, there is no need for option."
  • Jstas
    Options
    I'm allergic to penicillin, so I do my best to avoid the Gripes.

You're as funny as Amy Schumer.

Amy+schumer_f81719_6213576.jpg

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited June 2017
    Options
    You're as funny as Amy Schumer.

Must be a family thing...

Post edited by polrbehr on
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • pitdogg2
    Options

I don't think that is true John. Hearingimpaired and the others were banned. I'm pretty sure Dorokusai (Mark) was gone before the vanilla forum. So I'm thinking his would of also said banned as well.
  • Jstas
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I don't think that is true John. Hearingimpaired and the others were banned. I'm pretty sure Dorokusai (Mark) was gone before the vanilla forum. So I'm thinking his would of also said banned as well.

No, it is entirely true because when the forums switched we asked why long-standing members like TroyD were showing up as banned. TroyD came back, couldn't log in and had to email Ken to get his account unlocked.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

No, it is entirely true because when the forums switched we asked why long-standing members like TroyD were showing up as banned. TroyD came back, couldn't log in and had to email Ken to get his account unlocked.

And unfortunately went a lot of TroyD/Doro etc posts and threads :'(

Some hilarious stuff back then
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    Options

alright I do remember the TroyD incident.
    carry on