Gott sticky this: Club Polk's Pok Audio HQ tour

13»

Comments

• swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by Thom
    Same weekend as NOPI, so Josh and I won't be here and the good cars will be in Atlanta...
    :o:o :eek:

good cars are flippin' sweet.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2005
    that sucks, i wish i could go but its a tad too far for me
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2005
    hmm... a 4 hour drive isn't that bad... but did it have to be on a school day?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited June 2005
    http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29665

That's the official thread. The PACA gang appears to be at NOPI that weekend so if you are local or semi local and would like to show off your vehicle.....Friday, Sept. 16th would be the best day for that. I would personally love to see some CA and a couple HT guys are bringing their rides so perhaps we can have an SPL run, just for fun.

I think it would be great to see and meet some CA nuts and crank up some tunes. We have a tour planned of the HQ and are working out some particulars about food. The following day is a smaller event, basically all home audio, but obviously you are welcome to attend that as well.

I know we sometimes divide ourselves between 12V and HT, but really a Polk Audio zombie is the same either way. Drop in, see some neat gear, listen to some great....and not so great music :)

Get your **** down here and participate. If anything the Polk HQ Tour is rare and involves an thorough tour into the 12V area. You should see this shop folks....it's unreal. The work they perform in this place is absolutely unbelievable.

Contact me in this thread, or in the aforementioned "Official" thread with any questions or concerns. If you need to ask a more direct question, dorokusai@comcast.net

Get real, get involved, get happy!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited July 2005
    Friday is set- up day for NOPI, so we'll be leaving sometime Thursday, or 5AM Friday at the latest.

Of course the HQ tour is the same weekend as one of the VERY few shows we have a booth at this year...
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited July 2005
    It's NOPI though, it's just a bunch of weenie import people dry humping manufacturer displays and whacking off to hoochie-mama bikini contests.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by Thom
    Same weekend as NOPI, so Josh and I won't be here and the good cars will be in Atlanta...

That freaking sucks man! I was really looking forward to meeting you guys! :mad:

It even more sucks cause Atlanta is just a little over an hour away!
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    That's the official thread. The PACA gang appears to be at NOPI that weekend so if you are local or semi local and would like to show off your vehicle.....Friday, Sept. 16th would be the best day for that. I would personally love to see some CA and a couple HT guys are bringing their rides so perhaps we can have an SPL run, just for fun.

I think it would be great to see and meet some CA nuts and crank up some tunes. We have a tour planned of the HQ and are working out some particulars about food. The following day is a smaller event, basically all home audio, but obviously you are welcome to attend that as well.

I know we sometimes divide ourselves between 12V and HT, but really a Polk Audio zombie is the same either way. Drop in, see some neat gear, listen to some great....and not so great music

Get your **** down here and participate. If anything the Polk HQ Tour is rare and involves an thorough tour into the 12V area. You should see this shop folks....it's unreal. The work they perform in this place is absolutely unbelievable.

I wouldnt miss this for nothing! Ive been looking forward to a Polk gathering for a while now and the fact that its at Polk HQ along with a tour is just too good to be true! (this way I can try and sneak out a set of SR6500's while Im there :D )

And Doro's right, audio is audio. You cant be a car audio enthusiast without having a deep appreciation for home audio as well. If for nothing else, you need something to have a true reference for how to tune your ride.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited August 2005
    The 2005 MD POLKFEST is coming up....please RSVP if you're serious about attending as it helps us plan the logistics....i.e. food and entertainment :D

I apologize for not being more active over here, but the main threads have been in the "Gatherings and Special Events" area.

MAIN HYPE THREAD:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29665

INFORMATION ONLY THREAD:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31326

It would be REALLY great for you, especially you local bass pounding Polkies to drop by Polk HQ and Doro HQ to show off your gear. There are Car Audio nuts in the HT crowd...no kidding! :D Let's turn it up a notch and get motivated!

Part of the tour is the 12V section, and you would not believe the stuff they have back in the hole. If you want to see where the originals for the gear you own comes from, this is your chance.

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 16TH POLK HQ
    5601 METRO DRIVE
    BALTIMORE, MD 21215

There is a wealth of information for travelers located in the "Information Thread", take some time off and visit.

See you in MD :D Contact me me directly for any questions or comments. dorokusai@comcast.net
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2005
    Anybody coming? It is tomorrow, you know...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    Im leaving here in about 1 hour! Should be there by 2 am.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited September 2005
    that's gonna suck... I'm gonna be rolling in around 10:30 to 11 tomorrow morning. provided I don't have to make any unplanned stops along the way...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited September 2005
    I should be there between 11 and 12. Would've been earlier, but i got a call today that I have to be somewhere at like 9, only for a few min too. So I'll be leaving right from there.

I also don't have any music on the left side of my truck. I decided to clean up my fiberglassing job a bit, so it looks at least somewhat presentable. The left door panel doesn't want to finish drying. Hopefully it will be done soon, and I'll be all set, except the f-ing smell.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com