Gott sticky this: Club Polk's Pok Audio HQ tour

Comments

• PoweredByMAZDA!
    PoweredByMAZDA! Posts: 15
    edited February 2005
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge
    lemme know when - i'll hook my mother out to pay for gasoline... might have the motor in old blue by then, bring that bad boy down there and blow smoke like a willie nelson reunion.

I dont know about the willie nelson, but if they got techno music and girls im there....
    2002 Ford Focus, Saleen Series 3 body kit, Eibach Racing suspension, ** Mazda RX7 13B ROTARY engine with Twin Turbo**. Converted to rear wheel drive. Dual Stainless Exhaust. 300+ HP. 17 Inch Gunmetal Excel Racing Rims, Toyo Tires & 4 Wheel 12 Inch Racing stainless steel Disc brake system.
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited February 2005
    Wow! I could not have picked a better time to re-establish an internet connection!

Here I am, back up here in MD, just getting settled down again after the move over a month ago... and what's this? a Polk get-together?

I'll have to keep checked in and make sure I don't miss it. Maybe I'll have the parts put onto my car by then and it won't look like rags. Or... maybe I'll have to hang my head in shame and put the setup in my wife's car for the trip.

In any way, I'll be keeping up again here.
    -LittleCar-

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2005
    Hell, I was wondering what happened to you. It was starting to get awful quiet around here. You and Neo went MIA and even Cody is becoming scarce. I was getting lonely! :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2005
    physics and math tests are over, i should be on more...lol
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited March 2005
    Is there a reason this thing is still stickied? Or is this still sometime in the future? There hasn't been a post in over a month.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • MacLeod
    edited March 2005
    Word is the get-together is still on but not for a while. The Big Dawg is just too busy right now.

I think theyre shooting for September or thereabouts.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited March 2005
    September? That late.. Gawd this is gonna be stickeid forever. Well, I guess I'll just check in on it every now and then.

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2005
    no! september bad! that means i'm back in school!
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited April 2005
    I didnt even think of that coinciding with schooling. I guess we need to get on the guys to set it up in the summer.

Is the location going to be at the Polk Headquarters or are they renting a convention center or something?

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2005
    wouldnt be much of a head quarters tour if it wasnt in their head quarters...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited April 2005
    September is pretty solid so I wouldn't expect much change at this point.

I'll update the thread when we finalize a little closer to that time.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited April 2005
    Thanks. I guess we'll wait patiently. At any rate it gives me some time to finish up my prototype box to be unveiled at the get-together. That and afford a new H/U :(
    -Jerry-

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited June 2005
    DATE IS SET....here is the thread. I would like very much to have some hardcore 12V participation....show the HT guys how to travel in style :D

See ya!

POLKFEST
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    DATE IS SET....here is the thread. I would like very much to have some hardcore 12V participation....show the HT guys how to travel in style :D

See ya!
    where is the thread? "scratches head"
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2005
    Here.

Ill be there!

• swerve
    edited June 2005
    I'm truely thinking about this. Not sure yet though. It all depends on if I think I can get there. I need an address to look at all this.

-adam

Who will pick me up from an Airport... Pref. someone with a bangin system and that'll hold a sign for me that says something along the lines of "The guy I met on the internet dating service."
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited June 2005
    I don't know if I really feel like attending anymore. This place has left a bad taste in my mouth (Club Polk as a whole, not just Car Audio) and I really don't care for the particular hue of the true colors that have come to light recently. If I do attend anything, it will be the Polk Audio HQ tour and that's it. My desire to socialize with the rest of the participants of these forums has greatly diminished.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by Jstas
    I don't know if I really feel like attending anymore. This place has left a bad taste in my mouth (Club Polk as a whole, not just Car Audio) and I really don't care for the particular hue of the true colors that have come to light recently. If I do attend anything, it will be the Polk Audio HQ tour and that's it. My desire to socialize with the rest of the participants of these forums has greatly diminished.
    ahh i take offense. :D:D
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by Jstas

Well, Ill be there with my wife. You can hang out with us.

Plus, I really want to hear some old school DB's properly installed. ;)

• swerve
    edited June 2005
    Mac, can I hang out with you!?

tehehe
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2005
    Hell yeah! Us car audio guys have to stick together.

Plus, I want to hear those Kickers almost as much as Jstas' DB's! :D

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2005
    I sense a pick up tackle football game forming.....

I'll give you 3 guesses what the teams would be.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2005
    So who would be the cheerleaders?

Maybe Josh can get some of those chicks they have at some of their shows!!

• spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited June 2005
    I'll be driving down from Jersey, so I could pick someone up from the airport if necessary, but only one, cause as of today, I've got no more back seats.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    I don't know if I can hike a drive like that though. may have to plane it

as for football. hahahahhahaha i weigh like 300 pounds just lemme get into yo fridge!

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    I sense a pick up tackle football game forming.....

I'll give you 3 guesses what the teams would be.

There's a field out back, so its definitely do-able. There's also horseshoes.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by bknauss
    There's a field out back, so its definitely do-able. There's also horseshoes.
    I'm fat but I can run good...

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2005
    Im big and strong. Thats about it. Im not fast, have no stamina and possess zero athletic abilities! :(

Obviously, I was very popular in high school. :rolleyes:

• swerve
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Im big and strong. Thats about it. Im not fast, have no stamina and possess zero athletic abilities! :(

Obviously, I was very popular in high school. :rolleyes:
    I'm not very strong but i'm of the big type lol. i'm very coordinated and have decent stamina for weighing in at like 250 haha. Once I get my second wind there usually isn't any stopping me...
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited June 2005
    Same weekend as NOPI, so Josh and I won't be here and the good cars will be in Atlanta...