Gran Turismo 4

2»

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2005
    Hmmm...didn't know this was out yet...I'll hafta get it. I'm not sure why, since I can't even pass the tests to get a license in any of the previous versions. How much does it cost?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • mlong
    mlong Posts: 134
    edited February 2005
    I bought a copy today and it was awesome coming out of my SDA SRS2.3's. My only problem is that when I try to setup in HDTV mode, it causes the TV to hiccup and switch to another component mode. Hmmm.
    [HOME THEATRE]
    Samsung LED HDTV - Pioneer VSX-1014TX (AVR) - Parasound HCA-1200 II - Philips DVP642 (DVD)
    Polk Monitor 10B (Side Surround) - Bang & Olufsen P45 (Rear Surround) - Polk CSi30 (Center Channel)
    SVS PB12-ISD/2 (Sub)
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited February 2005
    Are you using the PS2 component video cables? If so, what input are those on compared to what it switches to?
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • mlong
    edited February 2005
    No, I had to pull the entertainment center apart to get to the Playstation. I have component audio but regular Playstation video cables. Can you recommend any PS2 coponent video cables. This is the only one I have found so far:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051806714685&skuId=4496815&productCategoryId=cat08190&type=product

Thanks!

Mark

Originally posted by Toxis
    Are you using the PS2 component video cables? If so, what input are those on compared to what it switches to?
    [HOME THEATRE]
    Samsung LED HDTV - Pioneer VSX-1014TX (AVR) - Parasound HCA-1200 II - Philips DVP642 (DVD)
    Polk Monitor 10B (Side Surround) - Bang & Olufsen P45 (Rear Surround) - Polk CSi30 (Center Channel)
    SVS PB12-ISD/2 (Sub)
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2005
    So...how are you guys liking this game? I loved the other ones. Is this worth a buy?
  • RobXant
    RobXant Posts: 201
    edited February 2005
    mlong- I have the sony component cable setup and it works just fine. It's a propriety conector on the back of the PS2, so I there aren't many choices; and at $60, I don't think the monster cables are 3x better than the Sony's.

This is what I use. $20 and no problems. And, no support for Monster.

But- back on track- how are you guys liking the game? Worth the coin?
    Yamaha RX-V1500 // Outlaw Audio M200 (x2) Panasonic TH-52PZ700U
    Sony DVP-NS715P // Sony Playstation3 // Roku Soundbridge M1000[/color]
    Polk LSi15 (w/Monster Z2 Wire) // Polk LSiC // Polk LSi7 // Velodyne DLS-3500

Workshop Rig: Creek 4330 // Technics SL-P310 // Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble 2
  • mlong
    edited February 2005
    Thanks Rob:

I just went and purchased the sony component cable from Circuit City and will hook it up in a little bit.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Mark

Originally posted by RobXant
    mlong- I have the sony component cable setup and it works just fine. It's a propriety conector on the back of the PS2, so I there aren't many choices; and at $60, I don't think the monster cables are 3x better than the Sony's.

This is what I use. $20 and no problems. And, no support for Monster.

But- back on track- how are you guys liking the game? Worth the coin?
    [HOME THEATRE]
    SVS PB12-ISD/2 (Sub)
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited February 2005
    playing it now in HDTV, effin glorious!!!!!!
    a must buy for fans.

more tracks, sweet detail in gameplay and backrounds. stunning
    (just got the international A liscence, what a ****!)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • mlong
    edited February 2005
    Well, I just played it for two hours in HDTV mode, Dolby Pro Logic.... Wow!

Incredible, I spent more time watching demos, looking at the car, reflections, sparks, landscape, then I did driving. I just can't believe they were able to create something this phenomenal on one disc.

I ended up racing in arcade mode in New York City in a BMW Z4 and I got torched by a pickup truck (what a revolting development that was). Now if I can only get the driving wheel working :)

Mark
    [HOME THEATRE]
    SVS PB12-ISD/2 (Sub)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited March 2005
    Ok I'm picking this up.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited March 2005
    is it that much better then grand turismo 3? im still working on beating that one lol
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2005
    Some friends of mine bought this and said it wasn't all they thought it would be. Pretty much GT3, with a bit more in the graphics dept but not much.

Looking for a good racing game for the PS2, buy Burnout 3.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited March 2005
    I picked it up as well as a new Ps2. I gotta admit the graphis are nice. Not Xbox quality but nice. I have mine in component video and run it in 1080i . I'm suprised to se that option on the new ps2.

As far as the game is I'm mad at it for not being online. This is one of the strongest reasons I wanted it. With no online play , it makes it not much better then the last 3 games. I love Grand Torismo games of the past , but man come on no online!!!!!! Damn it that pisses me off. I like the game playing it all by myself , I give it a 3 out of 5. It would be a 5 out of 5 if it had online.

Did I mention it didn't have online play????

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2005
    the game store rep told me that for some reason, making it online was a virtual insurmountable task. in short, it seems it was not for lack of trying.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Nismo_34
    Nismo_34 Posts: 1
    edited April 2005
    i head they r gonna sell another one later jus for online
    im probably gonna hav 2 buy a new memory card 4 th pics an videos
    (o=o)/180sx\(o=o)
    I want 1!!!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2005
    Getting it for my PSP
  • ohskigod
    edited April 2005
    the GT championship in the professional races. has anyone won it yet? if so, what car did you use? How did you get the car?, did you win it? or bite the bullet and buy it. i tried to use the Mercedes 1998 GT1 race car I won in the European races with no luck. the car just doesnt have what it takes to get the job done no matter what i do to it. The Audi Prototype race car would be nice, or one of the Nissan Prototype racers thank keep spanking me like a red headed stepchild.

please give me some pointers

Thanx
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by ohskigod
    the game store rep told me that for some reason, making it online was a virtual insurmountable task. in short, it seems it was not for lack of trying.

Wow if this is true then Sony has some real issues with their online community.

Project Gotham Racing 2 is by no means GT4, but when you look at the visuals they are stunning and you can have up to 8 people in a room racing.

I think the store rep got it wrong, I think Sony CAN do it, they just want to make more money with a online package. That's just my opinion though. Glad to see you guys are enjoying it.:)
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png