Gran Turismo 4

ohskigod
ohskigod Posts: 6,500
edited April 2005 in Video Games
WTF?!?!?!?!?!

now its not coming out until February 05?

with all these delays, this game better be friggin tight when it comes out!!

am i wrong for thinking like this or what?!?!?!

had to rant about this
Living Room 2 Channel -
Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
Post edited by ohskigod on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2004
    Look at some of the screen caps of this game. It's unbelievable looking. Personally I think it'll be worth the wait.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited December 2004
    Wait = pain in the butt, but that means they had some bugs and are fixing it. If you have kept up with GTA: San Andreas, they rushed the game out to market, and there are more than a handful of bugs. Wonderful game, but the bugs get on your nerves a lot.

But yea, the delays are a real pain since they keep doing it over and over.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • Mjr7531
    Mjr7531 Posts: 856
    edited December 2004
    wait also '=' inevitable. There aren't too many games that don't get delayed in some fasion or another. Take Warcraft III, They slated the project for 1999ish, and well, it came out 2001-2(I don't remember) Everybody remembers HL2, It doesn't bother me, but, I program a wee bit so it's much ,much easier to understand.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by bknauss
    Wait = pain in the butt, but that means they had some bugs and are fixing it. If you have kept up with GTA: San Andreas, they rushed the game out to market, and there are more than a handful of bugs. Wonderful game, but the bugs get on your nerves a lot.

But yea, the delays are a real pain since they keep doing it over and over.

I haven't experienced any bugs with that game.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited December 2004
    500+ cars, 100+ tracks... yup, I'll wait patiently!
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited December 2004
    I'm gonna buy another Playstation 2 when it comes out.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Toxis
    edited December 2004
    It's been out. The slim one's have been in stores for a while. Now I'm guessing you meant when they come back in stock from the x-mas holiday shopping... shouldn't be that long.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by Toxis
    It's been out. The slim one's have been in stores for a while. Now I'm guessing you meant when they come back in stock from the x-mas holiday shopping... shouldn't be that long.
    He meant he is buying another Ps2 when GT4 is released I believe.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • bknauss
    edited December 2004
    Originally posted by Demiurge
    I haven't experienced any bugs with that game.

You need to look closer :)
    Here is a small list of stuff I've had go wrong:
    -Random hole in San Andreas (fall through the sidewalk)
    -I've had problems with the targeting (lots of shooting into the air)
    -One time someone else in the game blew up a cop car, and somehow I got a wanted level.
    -being able to shoot guys through walls
    -with territories, only my gang is in the rival gang's territory

I know there are more, and its not really make or break stuff, but I would have rather had them wait another couple weeks, fix the bugs, and release a product with many less bugs.

Just my 2 american cents (not worth as much as 2 euro cents ;-))
    Brian Knauss
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2004
    That's weird. I didn't have any of those issues. :confused:
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited January 2005
    if u look hard enough you will probably find bugs in every game....

im not even close to done with grand turismo 3...wtf am i gonna do when 4 comes out haahaa

and 100+ tracks? thats gonna be really hard, i play better when i memorized the track lol, memorizin 100 will be lots of work, especially with reverse tracks.

whats the best car you guys have? id have to say mine is the camaro race car, but my pagani zonda has the most hp....told ya i wasnt that far lol
  • idealty
    idealty Posts: 24
    edited January 2005
    Actually, there are about 52 courses and 650 cars!!! Also, if you guys haven't heard the game is out in Japan and it has been confirmed that it supports 480p and 1080i hi def resolutions!!! (1080i being a first for a PS2 game and previously thought to be impossible on it). Also, the in-game sound is Dolby Pro-logic II and the intro and cut-scenes are in Dolby Digital 5.1. While the online game has been removed, I (like many other people i've seen on various forums) feel that the 1080i mode almost makes up for it :D
  • Toxis
    edited January 2005
    Gran Turismo in 1080i? :eek: I think my pants are a size to small...

• bknauss
    edited January 2005
    http://ps2.ign.com/objects/489/489327.html?fromint=1

GT4 pushed back another month. Decent reasons though:
    -More cars added
    -online gaming put back in

Rumors have it that it might be pushed back to the summer. If that's the case, it might be going up against the release of Xbox2. Hell, Sony might push to have GT4 to go up against Xbox2. Sorry Sony... if that's the case, nice knowing ya!
    Brian Knauss
  • ohskigod
    edited January 2005
    i'm just gonna wait for it, i'm buying it no matter what, so who am i kidding. i dont have the strength to be pissed off anymore!

sure as hell not putting a down payment on it though.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2005
    Online GT4 may be what forces me to finally buy a PS2
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited January 2005
    $149 for that tiny little PS2 and u didnt get one yet? i just got on efor christmas so i guess i should be quiet lol
  • bknauss
    edited February 2005
    According to ign and ebgames.com, release date is now Feb 22... and looks like online is included. I'm just flat out confused about the release date now!
    Brian Knauss
  • swerve
    edited February 2005
    release dates are horrible in the vid. game industry.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • bknauss
    edited February 2005
    I've never seen a release date bounce around so much as with GT4. Wasn't it originally supposed to come out this past summer?? Then it was a couple weeks after GTA came out, then Dec, then Jan, then Feb, then March, and now Feb 22. No need for all of the up to the minute updates about when its coming out!
    Brian Knauss
  • swerve
    edited February 2005
    i don't even pay attention, but i'll be in line to buy it when I know it's out for sure!
    cats.vans.bag...
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited February 2005
    Agreed,
    I can't stand all this bullcrap with release date. Halo did it and it made me sick. GT4 is murdering it dead and I'm tired of it.

I'll buy it and worry about it when it's actually out.

O and by the way I'll never buy a game again at 12:01 am just to have it first. Thats stupid as well.

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • bknauss
    edited February 2005
    That whole midnight thing is BS... I picked up the latest GTA the night before it was supposed to be released... it started selling at 6PM. Smart on their part since there was a line about 30 deep for the half hour I stood in line. OK, yea, I'm a dork for waiting that long for a stupid game!
    Brian Knauss
  • Shizelbs
    edited February 2005
    Anyone have a racing wheel for GT3? I am thinking about picking one up.
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2005
    well, youll never guess what i have in my possession. Gran Turismo 4. Apparently it was released last night. I saw a sign in front of a mall saying Gran Turismo 4 is in. I proceeded to lock the breaks and put my jeep on 2 wheels to make it into the parking lot. Sure enough, they had 1 unreserved copy left.
    You cant imagine the stupid sh#t eating grin i have on my face right now.

by the way, no online play, i guess they abandoned the effort.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• bknauss
    edited February 2005
    News flash for everyone... games always come out on Tuesday. Its the same thing with CDs and DVDs. If it comes out "early", its being sold on Monday, just like how GTA:SA was done.
    Brian Knauss
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2005
    true, but in this case, the release date was officially pushed back again to March 16th, then out of nowhere was pushed back up to yesterday. that is what surprised me, not the teusday release.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Shizelbs
    edited February 2005
    Any real big differences between 3 and 4? No online play = lame.

What a great opportunity to make a great feature for a great game and they take a pass.
  • swerve
    edited February 2005
    It was known there was going to be no online play for awhile now...
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Toxis
    edited February 2005
    I just purchased it tonight as well, but the case claims 6 player capability via LAN. No online play though? Hmmm... oh well. I don't have it setup for online, I just wanna race! BTW, I gotta go... :cool: