Damn Thieves

13»

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited August 2004
    like the nova in mexico, or coke in japan (apparently they chose a character that closely resembled a terrible insult to the ancestors of the reader, and it caused some big snafu...)

and yes, i just wanted to say snafu...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited August 2004
    snafu... now that's a great word ;)
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • Gary Robertson
    Gary Robertson Posts: 201
    edited August 2004
    I totally forgot about Sparkomatics,,,Ha,ha....
    I had a pair of those 6 by 9's in my
    ol'69 camaro back in 1976...........
    "Dark side of the moon" was happening..
    i'll never forget the poineer 8 track tape player tho..it was hot for it's time...
    Spark-o-matic with a silver cone tweeter
    System #2
    Yamaha cdc-755,(20 bit DAC )
    Yamaha KX W382 cassette deck,
    ADCOM GFA-545-II.ampfilier,,
    ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
    System #1:
    Meridian 508-24 cd.(20 bit DAC)
    Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
    Bryston 14b-sst amplifier,
    Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
    ............................. "Jazz is democracy in music".
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2004
    Originally posted by michael_w
    What I don't get is why companies make lines of equipment with names you'd really not want to associate with the product..... sparkomatic .... they gonna be all sparky? ... the sony explode series.... kinda speaks for itself... bah it could be just me but I think they didn't really think much about how the name would work with the product.

I agree totally.

The main reason I dont like Rainbow speakers is the stupid, girley name. I know they are very good products but Ill never own them! Same with USAmps and Memphis Audio. I know how good they are but its ust too funky a name.

Thats probably why all my favorite gear has cool names. Xtant, Crossfire, MB Quart, Focal, Orion.

I always thought Polk Audio was a cool name. Not a "tough guy" name like Crossfire but more of a classy handle. Too bad they had to stick Momo on there. :(
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2004
    Originally posted by MacLeod

The main reason I dont like Rainbow speakers is the stupid, girley name. I know they are very good products but Ill never own them! Same with USAmps and Memphis Audio. I know how good they are but its ust too funky a name.
    wow...that has got to be one of the dumbest reasons ive ever heard for not liking a speaker company...;)
    i wish i could afford rainbow...
    and btw...i think Focull sounds a lot better than FocAl
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2004
    Yeah, leave it to the French to screw up a really cool name like Focal and turn it into Foe-Kall. :rolleyes:
    wow...that has got to be one of the dumbest reasons ive ever heard for not liking a speaker company...

This coming from the guy who thinks JL blows cause its too expensive and that everybody else likes it because theyve been brainwashed into thinking its good stuff?

....will it ever end? :p
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2004
    no...just because theyre too expensive...
    I read on CAF that this guy was checking on this other guy's ride and he had some Infinity Perfect subs and a JL 1000/1
    i forgot how he came to talking about the guy who owned the car said that the amp was too big for the subs...the other guy was like no...500 watts each...thats about right for the subs
    the guy that owned the car continued to argue...'no, theyre each getting 1000 watts' and points to the '1000/1' on the amp...
    if thats the case...and every sub you hook up to that amp gets a 1000 watts...BRING ON JL:D
    some people are fuggin retarded...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2004
    LOL!!

You would think the '1' in 1000/1 would tip them off. Its 1000 watts into 1 channel. Thus if you have 2 subs, i.e. 2 channels then its 1000 watts divided by 2! Not to mention the specs plainly state "1000x1 at 1-4 ohms"!

There should be an IQ test before you can buy car audio equipment! The level of equipment depends on your IQ. IQ of 85? Well its Kraco and Pyle for you! LOL :p

Well, then again maybe not. I dont want to have to listen to Jensen the rest of my life! :eek:

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited August 2004
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    There should be an IQ test before you can buy car audio equipment! The level of equipment depends on your IQ. IQ of 85? Well its Kraco and Pyle for you! LOL :p

so does that mean that Ronald would be running the OEM replacement speakers off of a Koss HU?
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2004
    LOL!!

Those would work but I kind of figured on a set of those Delco 6x9 dual cones you find in the rear panel of GM sedans.