Masimo Sound United Update

2»

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,700
    Yes, it's Vanilla, but we should have all figured out by now that it adds a space between paragraphs automatically.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    Bad Vanilla
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 7,010
    How do we add a space between a pair of graphs?
  • billbillw
    Viking64 wrote: »
    It adds it automatically. No need to add spaces between paragraphs, photos, graphs, etc. One page return after every paragraph, etc. (even the last one)
    That's all.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 7,010
    billbillw wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    It adds it automatically. No need to add spaces between paragraphs, photos, graphs, etc. One page return after every paragraph, etc. (even the last one)
    That's all.

n8h1lq3m5xro.gif
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited September 26
    Kex wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    There is an emergency backup forum option of sorts out there in the backwaters of teh interwebz...

I’m surprised, Dr. Hardy.

Have you seriously looked at that “emergency backup forum” recently?

Those aren’t “backwaters”, those are a cesspit of putrid political hate speech with almost zero users last time I checked, not an audio forum. It will never be a replacement for the Polk Forum. It will be something else entirely. Any normal posts will be buried in sewage.

I hope you don't kiss your mom with that mouth 🤔
    Post edited by mrbigbluelight on
    Sal Palooza
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,194
    edited September 26
    There is an emergency backup forum option of sorts out there in the backwaters of teh interwebz...

Those aren’t “backwaters”, those are a cesspit of putrid "Political FREEDOM OF Speech" with almost zero users last time I checked, not an audio forum. It will never be a replacement for the Polk Forum. It will be something else entirely. Any normal posts will be buried in sewage.

Fixed it.

• I don't know why but the "Pinhead Hellraiser Series" just flashed on my computer screen.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,143
    Mr. Kiani is estimated to have a net worth of about $1B by Forbes. He won’t leave Masimo empty handed…
    07:28 AM EDT, 09/26/2024 (MT Newswires) -- Masimo (MASI) founder Joe Kiani is seeking a $400 million payout after being ousted as board chair by shareholders, the Financial Times reported Thursday.

In a lawsuit filed with the California state court, Kiani claims his employment contract grants him severance benefits of 2.7 million restricted stock units, which is currently valued at $360 million. Kiani also claims he was owed a $35 million cash payment.
    Alea jacta est!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,672
    edited September 26
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    BOOM DROP THE MIC !! ^^^^
    As usual @Jstas is ON POINT !!

If only he could learn not to put so much space in between paragraphs!
    Seriously though, yes, we all know the economy is not great for most of us, and Sound United will probably have a tough time staying afloat. Hopefully, we get some notice before they pull the plug on this forum... or maybe it will just be when they stop paying for AWS or however this is hosted.
    Bill that is a vanilla thing.
    Look at your quote, all I did was hit quote and it removed your space.
    I've sometimes just started a new paragraph and when I hit post it looks like I skipped down 3-4 lines.
    I have the same problem with Vanilla, but only when using Firefox as browser (as I am now).
    Chrome, bless its extra-intrusive little heart, doesn't do it.
    Interestingly, If one adds text within 'quote' tags, the spacing is OK.
    Watch.
    I have the same problem with Vanilla, but only when using Firefox as browser (as I am now).
    Chrome, bless its extra-intrusive little heart, doesn't do it.
    Interestingly, If one adds text within 'quote' tags, the spacing is OK.
    Watch.

:#
    Vanilla -- and not to put too fine of a point on this -- inhales deeply (as some folks used to say in the 'seventies -- of disco)
    B)

PS Here's what this post looks like at the level of the text as entered.
    ktuknalj91uy.png
  • billbillw
    edited September 26
    Mark,
    You have clearly experimented more than me. That's interesting. I use Firefox almost exclusively (on mobile and PC), so I guess that's what is going on. It seems to affect a lot of users here, so maybe Safari does the same thing? Or maybe we are a bunch of old curmudgeons who stick to Firefox...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,672
    edited September 26
    I reckon some browsers have the issue with Vanilla and some don't.
    The only two I have empirical experience with Firefox & Chrome. :)

For the record, I went back to Firefox after a long hiatus when Chrome implemented the feature they called, with Orwellian irony, the Privacy Sandbox. It is, in fact, an anti-privacy sandbox. Firefox is a bit less obtrusive. It's also become a bit less of a resource hog than Chrome (although in the past Firefox was the worse of the two in that regard :p).
    Weakness is Strength.
    Four Legs Good, Two Legs Better!

:#
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,337
    edited September 26
    Mark,
    You have clearly experimented more than me. That's interesting. I use Firefox almost exclusively (on mobile and PC), so I guess that's what is going on. It seems to affect a lot of users here, so maybe Safari does the same thing? Or maybe we are a bunch of old curmudgeons who stick to Firefox...

I'm using Edge and was when I posted. I do use Firefox on the home PC to go with my mobile Firefox software. It is too easy to sign in Firefox and transfer stuff between PC and phone. My big 3 are in order of use are Firefox, Edge and Brave.
  • billbillw
    edited September 26
    Mark,

I'm using Edge and was when I posted. I do use Firefox on the home PC to go with my mobile Firefox software. It is too easy to sign in Firefox and transfer stuff between PC and phone. My big 3 are in order of use are Firefox, Edge and Brave.
    @pitdogg2
    You know, when I quoted you yesterday, I was talking about the Jstas post that you were referring to. Your posts are fine.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    I miss Nutscrape....I mean Netscape
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,255
    Jstas wrote: »
    I miss Nutscrape....I mean Netscape

Bassturd I mean…😂😂🤷
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,830

Those aren’t “backwaters”, those are a cesspit of putrid political hate speech with almost zero users last time I checked, not an audio forum. It will never be a replacement for the Polk Forum. It will be something else entirely. Any normal posts will be buried in sewage.

Then we won't have to hear you complain about how bad it is over there once (IF) this forum goes away, right?

I am sure Afterburnt will appreciate your description of that forum, too; I'll tell him you said "hello". :D
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • billbillw
    Curious what other backup forum we're talking about here. The one formerly run by Grumpy or something else?
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,257
    There's an ultra secret backup forum that no one knows about, where msg and I are the only members and no one is invited! Actually, I made it for a place for us to work on H&M Creative Mischief Design Studio projects.

x5xx0steyhq3.png
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,138
    Well, as we all know here, audio gear is still a great investment, with practically no depreciation, and . . . oh nevermind, I can't even type it with a straight face.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,830
    Curious what other backup forum we're talking about here. The one formerly run by Grumpy or something else?
    The link is in my sig. At least that's where I think his reference is pointing?

That forum never gained the traction [some] people thought it would, and while some posts/threads might be considered controversial or in bad taste, it does have the freshness of freedom going for it.
    And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,560
    Honestly I like a little bit of filter. I really don't enjoy sifting thru derogatory images and post. It really doesn't add anything to the community.

Now obviously over the past decade this forum is maybe censored and filtered to much. I occasionally browse other forums but not many are close to club Polk.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • billbillw
    polrbehr wrote: »
    The link is in my sig. At least that's where I think his reference is pointing?

That forum never gained the traction [some] people thought it would, and while some posts/threads might be considered controversial or in bad taste, it does have the freshness of freedom going for it.
    And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

I don't see signatures. Probably best. I figured it out, saw a little and have no interest in ever visiting again.