My apology to the forum

Options
Hiya,

I'm writing this post to apologize to all of you here on the Polk Audio Forum for my awful behavior. For acting like an idiot.

I don't really know where to begin, or how to structure this, but many of you are owed a sincere apology especially due to me chalking up your personal experiences to placebo effect and trying to argue in the name of 'science!!'.

For the record, that's what I'm most ashamed of, is the fact that I acted like the people who I disliked most; the ones who argue that science is the be all end all; the ones who refute experience or anecdotes; the ones who say you're delusional. I've always had a distaste for these people, and in hindsight, seeing how that's exactly who I turned in to is horrifying, and that's not who I want to be. It stops. Now.

'Objective fact' isn't everything. I'm a catholic and not everything can be explain by; is explained by; or piques the interest of science. I know this and letting myself fall into that isn't right. Personal experiences are valuable, and they're what lead to these scientific studies anyways, so for me to brush them off is plain dumb.

In the event we disagree, me becoming hostile is a very inappropriate response. We can agree to disagree on things, no need for me to turn disagreements uncivil.

I'll be doing more listening than talking starting now. I'm done spewing crap and I'm going to learn from the people who have twice my age in years of experience. I'm not going to talk about things I don't have hard, hands on experience with. It's not happening anymore.

Acting like a know-it-all won't get me anywhere in life. I'm a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action.

So, moving forward, things will be different. Very different. I want to be a contributing member to the forum, not an ****.

Also, for what it's worth, Tom was right about wall power. I didn't notice a difference in the breaker swap, sure, but after trying everything to get rid of the hissing AC noise on my current system, I ran an extension cord from the dedicated TV room circuit upstairs with nothing else plugged into it. I cannot hear the noise anymore, at all. So, thank you TONS, Tom. You're a life saver. I'd have never solved this if it weren't for the forum, and if I just shut up and took advice I'd have solved this so much earlier.

-Chris

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    We all err in judgement from time to time. Not all of us stand tall in acknowledgment when we do. That's what separates men from boys. Very admirable of you.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Rock on.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Never apologize. Shows weakness. Makes things worse. RUN! HIDE!

He's not presidential campaigning from his basement.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Alright, I'll be that guy.

Sorry, I smell dookie and a Google Masters in Manipulation.

Time will tell.
    I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.

I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Give him a break, Scott. His parents let him eat high-dose THC edibles when he was 13 years old. He's not playing with a full deck.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,191
    Options
    You could have not posted this and just acted normal instead and everything would have been fine.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • CottageChz
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    You could have not posted this and just acted normal instead and everything would have been fine.

Gotta keep things lively around here
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Yeah apology threads are up there with I quit the forum threads
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    I apologize for quitting the forum. But I'll be back in 2 mins
  • msg
    Options
    "ChatGPT, write me an apology note to the Polk Audio forum. Use the words Tom, sorry, electricity, and hiss. Talk about religion, shame, strife, and regret. Make it sound reflective."

[Copy/Paste]

Love,
    Chris
    I disabled signatures.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,196
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Chris,
    Your contributions going forward will determine if we change our opinion. Apologies only work to mend relationships that already had good basis of trust and understanding.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    I'm sorry Tom but we're going to need to do the 20 lashes on his taint with a bamboo cane or whatever the punishment is these days for littering in Singapore. A simply apology post isn't adequate in 2023. Cut off his pinky finger maybe.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    seems legit

I'll admit, I haven't followed every little teete-for-tat. IMHO, he manned-up . . .

time will tell . . .

Rock on Chris
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • msg
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I'm sorry Tom but we're going to need to do the 20 lashes on his taint with a bamboo cane or whatever the punishment is these days for littering in Singapore. A simply apology post isn't adequate in 2023. Cut off his pinky finger maybe.

some people might use the pinky finger for raising a tonearm, not that you would know. you ringless, dirty-record owner...
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @chrispyfur was guilty of WAY less and he didn't get the invite and coddling!
    I think he was actually confused for d-head Chris and chased away. you guys should invite him back as well, you a-holes.

edit: and HE wasn't even Canadian!
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    56zx05l1sh0z.gif

But where's the one with the girl launching off the end of the slip 'n slide ramp/mound at the end?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    xschop wrote: »
    We all err in judgement from time to time. Not all of us stand tall in acknowledgment when we do. That's what separates men from boys. Very admirable of you.

I disagree. It's p-hair that separates us.
    One day, I will be a man... one day...
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    xschop wrote: »

I disagree. It's p-hair that separates us.
    One day, I will be a man... one day...
    Might I suggest...
    uwcfwmu5055o.png
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options

But where's the one with the girl launching off the end of the slip 'n slide ramp/mound at the end?!?

I read your post 15 seconds ago. Just saying. :p

hvpi070l9imh.gif
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    No worries here.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

hvpi070l9imh.gif

Was Russ chasing her?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

hvpi070l9imh.gif

THAT'S THE ONE!!! Do we still have that thread around here? I coulda asked Chris to Google it, lazybones. he'd have found it in 7 seconds.
    I disabled signatures.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    @msg Remember what happened to me a couple of years ago in my thread to the point where both you and the then forum administrator came in to my defense?
    Not one person apologized for their behavior then and the thread got closed by the forum administrator and reported to Polk customer service because of all of the bad behavior going on.

It takes a real grown up to apologize when they know they're wrong as well as admit to their mistakes.
    Yes his behavior moving forward will be the proof in the pudding, but he needs to be given credit where credit is due for doing the right thing.
    @treitz3 Mad props to you for planting the seed with him and then coming on here and admitting it.

Now it's up to the rest of us all to gracefully accept his apology and move forward INSTEAD of weaponizing his words and throwing them back in his face.

Yeah I said it y'all.
    Cuz just like @treitz3 I don't give a $#!]

Good job @ChrisD06 !!!
  • msg
    Options
    @msg Remember what happened to me a couple of years ago in my thread to the point where both you and the then forum administrator came in to my defense?
    Not one person apologized for their behavior then and the thread got closed by the forum administrator and reported to Polk customer service because of all of the bad behavior going on.
    Hey Carlton! yes sir, I do remember very clearly.
    I disabled signatures.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Hey Carlton! yes sir, I do remember very clearly.

Add thank you once again for what you did sir!