• honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Linn and Magnetar!!
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,191
    Options
    I’ve heard Dan Wright’s room showcasing his small form factor stuff and Acora speakers is pretty darn good. Have a lot of friends up there, I’m trying to build next years show into my schedule
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    They’re packing up now. I got a good bit in, but missed and entire floor. Oh well I expected that.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Yeah, many of the folks you see are ready to go. They have been there for 4 days (plus an untold amount of time packing and preparing for this). You only have 6 hours invested (plus your own travel time).

What you have provided for this forum, within the limited time you were there is awesome. Thanks for allowing the members here to somewhat live vicariously at the event through your posts.

Seriously, thank you. Folks don't realize how much effort it takes to do what you have done and still enjoy why YOU went there in the first place.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • stangman67
    Options
    @honestaquarian do you live in the DC area?

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Linn and Magnetar!!

Interesting to see that pairing for sure.

You must have been exhausted after that whirlwind trip. :)
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    @stangman67 I live in DC yes. The fest was in Rockville, Maryland north of DC. @Emlyn Yes I was exhausted. I hit every floor except the sixth floor-which I made it to after 4:00 when it was over and everyone was tearing down their setups. Since it was the last day of the three day fest it went from 10:00 to 4:00. I got there at around 12:00. I didn't even know about the fest until Saturday night after work.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Live vocals to track. The room is huge and there’s lots of bass!

Anne Bison?

Tom

@treitz3 I wasn't in there long enough to find out. I was so busy trying to get to as many rooms as possible in the four hours that I was there. Obviously I didn't succeed, but it was a whirlwind tour that's for sure!
  • stangman67
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @stangman67 I live in DC yes. The fest was in Rockville, Maryland north of DC. @Emlyn Yes I was exhausted. I hit every floor except the sixth floor-which I made it to after 4:00 when it was over and everyone was tearing down their setups. Since it was the last day of the three day fest it went from 10:00 to 4:00. I got there at around 12:00. I didn't even know about the fest until Saturday night after work.

Awesome, don’t know if you are a member but the DC area Facebook group is awesome! They had a huge presence up there

• honestaquarian
    Options
    Some of the strangest cables I have ever seen! A lot of the rooms were taking requests from visitors. As a result you could hear a LOT of music from all kinds of genres. Not just the usual warhorse classical and jazz audiophile material. Whenever I got a request played in many of the rooms it would attract attention and people would come in. In this room I got him to find some old eighties Chicago House music on Qobuz!
    Just like last year they were all over the Hotel.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »

Awesome, don’t know if you are a member but the DC area Facebook group is awesome! They gas a huge presence up there

@stangman67 I’m not on Facebook.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    @honestaquarian - Great photos Carlton, you got a great many here. As others have said, thank you for your time and effort in doing that and sharing here. You must really have sped through there.

Did you get a chance to hang out in any of the spaces for long enough to check anything out?

A lot of neat stuff. I like the shots you got of that Linn turntable.
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2745232/#Comment_2745232
    I disabled signatures.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    @honestaquarian . . . . THANKS for your effort . . . . much appreciated!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    edited November 2023
    Options
    @msg I did get to sit down and listen in some rooms. Usually at the behest of the host in the room. The Linn/Magnetar room being a prime example. He insisted I sit and listen and asked me to select something to play. He was even willing to open up a brand new box set LP of Miles Davis. I was actually horrified he was willing to do that and begged him not to!! (the pic that shows the system on the rack with the LP’s next to it in the box. You can see it in the back still wrapped in plastic) We listened to the SACD instead. @GlennDog thanks much!!
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,874
    Options
    Were there a lot of people there?
    From the YouTube videos I have seen, the rooms are not crowded.

Next up, Southwest Audio Fest in Dallas March 15-17, 2024
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Thank you @honestaquarian. I don't get out much so I thoroughly enjoyed the time and effort you put in documenting the event!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • smartie_panta
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for allowing me to live vicariously through you, @honestaquarian !!
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    @marvda1 I went on Sunday the last day. I saw plenty of people, but I wouldn't say it was PACKED with people. They expanded and were spread out on several floors. They the lobby and floors 1,2,3,6,7 and 8.
    I didn't have enough time to get to all of them.
    @audioluvr @smartie_panta Thank you both!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    @msg I did get to sit down and listen in some rooms. Usually at the behest of the host in the room. The Linn/Magnetar room being a prime example. He insisted I sit and listen and asked me to select something to play. He was even willing to open up a brand new box set LP of Miles Davis. I was actually horrified he was willing to do that and begged him not to!! (the pic that shows the system on the rack with the LP’s next to it in the box. You can see it in the back still wrapped in plastic) We listened to the SACD instead.

Nice, man, I'm glad you actually got to enjoy yourself a bit. I laughed at your reaction to the host offering to open that Miles Davis for you lol

this is one of my favorite photos you shot...
    igaw39ynw7lz.png

I disabled signatures.