20 Minute Motorcycle Run, Average Speed 140mph.

Your Thoughts on a 20 minute run between Colorado Springs and Denver doing an average speed of 140mph. You know he was hitting higher than that at moments in the video.

Crazy Dude,,

https://youtu.be/MurqxHzNXyw

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 5,000
    Been there a few times. Not for that prolonged amount of time. With butt-pucker'n speeds like that, better have fresh tires and good life insurance.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,599
    There was a student at UTI in Houston that went home some weekends to South Dallas
    On a Ninja cycle. He ran all out. Cops lost their minds. That was a 220 mile trip.
    That was back in 2000. Guy was fearless. UTI students were all motorheads extreme.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,110
    Hopefully his organ donor card is up to date as everything can be reused except for the hollow space between his ears.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,387
    Puts my115mph run in my 240Z from Denver to Littleton to shame....
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Onkyo A-8017 integrated
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,026
    He won’t live to be an old man doing that.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,522
    Maybe I'm getting old but I hope he is mailed tickets for all traffic violations.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,690
    edited October 2023
    He probably has to use a sand blaster to get the bugs off his visor. I was on the Baltimore beltway last week and this guy on a bike went zooming past me like I was painted on a fence post. He zigged and zagged around cars, going from one lane to another. He switched through four lanes of heavy traffic like a crazed bumble bee. I really expected to see flashing red ambulance lights before I got off.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    Max I've been is ###mph, but only on a straight with nothing else around. Things are moving pretty quick even just at that lowly speed. I guess for guys like this, after a while you get used to higher speeds and maneuvers. In and out of traffic though where unexpected things happen, esp when people don't see or hear you coming up - pretty nuts (I'm not a believer in loud pipes saving lives.)

I remember seeing some videos of a Euro rider a while back called Ghostrider. I think there might have been a few of them using that name over the years, not sure. One of them had a turbo'd Hayabusa, routinely, easily lifting the front end for extended periods at easily well over 130Kph Thrilling to watch, no way could/would do it. Bike cam, chase bike, and a couple of static cams on the route. On the last one I watched, he ended in a city and rode up into the back of a trailer to hide the bike.

Yeah, I don't like it when people ride like that around me. It's distracting when you see a group of these guys doing stuff at highway speeds. I just slow down to get away from them.
    I disabled signatures.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,558
    edited October 2023
    After about 30 seconds of watching, I had to shut it off. Seemed the front tire was off the ground more than it was on. Nope!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,347
    Roadkill
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,164

You live here in Colorado?
  • msg
    You tryna race for pinks?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,931
    Watching this video made my hands sweat.

Also lol @ doing that in a t-shirt.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,599
    Doing 140 in a car is bad enough. Things can go wrong pretty quickly.
    I had a tire blow out at 90 + when I was 16. That was a bad day.
    Yea, I totaled a couple of cars in my youth. Made a big U out of a
    Mach one Mustang. Hit an Angus bull with a Chevy BelAir one
    night on a gravel road.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,884
    He probably has to use a sand blaster to get the bugs off his visor. I was on the Baltimore beltway last week and this guy on a bike went zooming past me like I was painted on a fence post. He zigged and zagged around cars, going from one lane to another. He switched through four lanes of heavy traffic like a crazed bumble bee. I really expected to see flashing red ambulance lights before I got off.

About 3 decades ago, there was a Corvette that did just that whizzing by me like I was standing still (I was speeding a good clip above the limit). I drove for about 2 or 3 miles and then I saw smoke off in the distance. Didn't put two and two together until I came up on the scene.

There wasn't enough time that had passed for any emergency vehicles to arrive yet, so I was able to see the raw incident aftermath without much traffic at all blocking the view.

This was going up I-95, as it approached the DC area and there was a "rather significant" bump/rise in the road right before going over a bridge when doing the speed limit. At the speed in which he was going, it appeared as if the vehicle had bottomed out at the bump/rise and went airborne. The shape of a 'Vette when airborne, acts like a wing. He launched and the front went straight back, over the rear of the 'Vette and landed, top side down and now backwards, right on the 5 or 6 foot tall concrete barrier (it was going around a curve). There were no skid marks other than the pavement being scarred from bottoming out and the scarring of the barrier, right up until you saw the 'Vette, engulfed in flames.

That was the last joyride the driver ever took.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Gardenstater
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

I did for a couple of years in the mid 80s, when I was young and more foolish.
    George / NJ

Onkyo A-8017 integrated
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • msg
    Was Denver to Littleton in the 240Z on your way out?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Gardenstater
    msg wrote: »
    Was Denver to Littleton in the 240Z on your way out?

Mmm....are you wearing a wire? But seriously I probably had best not give any more details without consulting legal counsel lol.
    George / NJ

Onkyo A-8017 integrated
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,627
    edited October 2023
    I once made it a half a mile back to my house in 14.7 seconds when I'd had a chicken vindaloo the night before.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

I did for a couple of years in the mid 80s, when I was young and more foolish.

Where did you go to school? We have to be close to the same age.
  • msg
    @Toolfan66 - I just watched the whole thing in full screen. Friggin' exhilarating!

Craziness on the lane-splitting at those speeds. I guess as long as none of the drivers panic, you're good! mostly. lol

We're not allowed to lane-split in VA, and I wouldn't anyway. People here freagin' ANGRY.

This dude was going so fast, as long as they didn't see or hear him coming up and freak out, it's almost like navigating static obstacles. But at those speeds, his moves start way back. It's all eyes and reading ahead. Sometimes, all you got is brakes if you make a mistake, or if the situation changes.

I was telling someone once that riding takes a lot of discipline, and that never ends. When you're first learning, the speed can be very seductive. You can feel like you rule the road. Motorcycles are so responsive, and if you become complacent or cocky, you start to think that the speed can get you out of any jam. This is a mistake. It's not just beginners. It's something you always have to keep in check.

I think there's a myth - the blanket statement that motorcycles stop faster than cars. While supposedly they physically can due to the braking power to weight ratio - and this is up for debate especially with newer vehicles and ABS - there are other factors that contribute to stopping distance. Rider skill and handling abilities, road conditions, weather, and the braking exit: completing the braking maneuver without losing control. Then there's hesitation or panic. Or not knowing how to effectively brake using both front and rear without locking up the rear or endo-ing. Or even just braking too hard with the front, making the rear end too light for the rear brake to be effective. All factors in.

It's so much easier and safer to fully stomp the pedal in a 4 wheel vehicle in an emergency. Not much thought goes into it - a simple reaction: HOLY CRAP! [STOMP PEDAL THROUGH FLOOR]. Hard braking on a motorcycle takes a series of split second calculations, reading the feedback, and making adjustments, all in an extremely short window. It can go south pretty easily pretty quickly.

Anyway, was I the only one watching this actively looking for the line the whole time?!? lol

I haven't ridden like this, but when you find that rhythm, all geared up, out on a quiet country road on a warm, sunny, late Sunday afternoon in the Autumn... suuuuch a sweet feeling. At times, it can be sketchy and exhilarating all at the same time. Definitely guilt inducing at the end - 99.9% of the time after a spirited run, or maybe after a close call, or losing focus. And you swear to yourself that you gotta stop doing that... [notice I didn't say that you swear to yourself that you are gonna stop doing that, lol]

There are some back country roads around here, just south. "Out back", I like to call it, where it's quiet and curvy, and you can enjoy some spirited little jaunts. Nothing like the speeds in this video, nor the traffic, but it's more just about the curves and the scenery, feeling the air on you, and open road in front of you, and falling into that rhythm. And just modest OE exhaust, decent hours, and not ripping it through residential country areas, so you're not disturbing people. Can't be one of those a-holes.

I got some good chuckles watching this, and a few woh that was close, how did he not clip that mirror or bumper moments. Fun! This dude is definitely an adrenaline junkie. They say in some people that's a chemical thing that most people don't have. Same with free climbers and such, isn't it? The extreme sports people?

8:36
    Oh, did I forget to say the time? It’s 3 o’clock!

12:19
    WOO-HOOOO!
    [lol]

13:09
    WOO-HOOHOO-HOO!

15:57
    I gotta slow down, everybody jumps the double line all the time. I don’t wanna get tooken out that way that would suck

17:10
    Ahohne like this... white car was doin’ weird stuuuff, truck’as doin’ weird stuuuff don’t like this

17:40
    [fast approach on van getting right]
    c’mon buddy…
    woooOOOH!
    wooh-hoohoo-hoo wooooh-hoohoohoo!

17:54
    Startin’ to loose feeling in my right hand

18:25
    …my bike is just HUMPING it makes me think something’s wrong it’s just hopping so much...

18:43
    [wicked suspension chatter from road surface condition
    rider’s voice jittery]

19:54
    It’s smoother on the shoulder!

21:05
    Not much further!!!

21:09
    [4 seconds later; traffic]
    aw ma’an...

21:32
    [sweet line opens up]

22:08
    [gets hit with a rock in the chest]
    OWWWWWWW!!!

24:08
    Oh excuse me fans ahm indecent ma bellay’s showin'
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    OleBoot wrote: »
    I once made it a half a mile back to my house in 14.7 seconds when I'd had a chicken vindaloo the night before.
    Land speed record. I think you could beat 12s with a little extra vindaloo.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,986
    Vindapoo, where's the loo?
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,957
    I was coming home from work one night in the late eighties and this guy on a bike comes flying by me at a high rate off speed going between cars. Well I drive for another 4-5 minutes and see cars stopped on the freeway and see a bike down, but didn't see the rider. I read in the paper the next day that he clipped a car and crashed and a car ran over him and cut him in two. I was glad I didn't see him on the road.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,110
    I've had a motorcycle license since 1973 and several road bikes since then as well. I never attempted or had the desire to attempt something ignorant like that. With 50 years of riding under my old belt I respect nothing about the few seconds I watched of that jackass video.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,823
    I saw 180 max. His reflexes are gonna slow down on him someday. If he’s still riding like that when they do, I predict somethin’ bad’s gonna happen. Might anyway.

Meantime, I kinda agree with his statement at the end, so I’ll leave it there.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,276
    He hit the rumble strips at about 14:45 on the left side of the rode. I've hit those in my truck and they jar the snot out of you, I can't imagine on a bike, didn't seem like he felt a thing.
  • Toolfan66
    It's impressive on the edge of your seat stupidity at it's finest..
    My biggest problem is the "what if factor" if the wrong thing happens he isn't just risking taking himself off this planet, but a mother, child, father anyone that wasn't aware they were playing in his game..
    He can say all he wants at the end, but he did put many of people at risk for death..
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 5,000
    In my neck of the woods, a shoulder lane maneuver usually comes laden with a nice sheen of freshly spilt gravel from the never-ending construction.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.