20 Minute Motorcycle Run, Average Speed 140mph.

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    @Geoff4rfc - didn't you do this same thing when you moved back to TX from WA one afternoon, while also pulling a trailer behind as well?
    I disabled signatures.
  • I've had a fantasy idea, that for one day, say an early Sunday morning the entire Baltimore beltway from beginning to end would be closed off for one hour. All the exits and entrances blocked by state police getting overtime pay. Then any one who wanted could bring their car/motorcycle and drive as fast and as recklessly as they wanted. No tickets, no points, plenty of ready EMTs and ambulances. Get it out of their systems, maybe a modest entry fee to help pay for overtime, etc.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,308
    msg wrote: »
    @Geoff4rfc - didn't you do this same thing when you moved back to TX from WA one afternoon, while also pulling a trailer behind as well?

Lol @msg well it would have been a miracle if I had Scott. The tires on the trailer from Freeway Trailer that sponsored me had a speed rating of 75mph. And though I haven't had my V8 F-150 quite that fast, the liter pictured on my profile would do 185mph without breaking a sweat, which is more that I can say about myself when I was on it :D
    qbj7qf4h5s6a.jpg
    aw9ni33faq72.jpg
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Geoff4rfc
    I've had a fantasy idea, that for one day, say an early Sunday morning the entire Baltimore beltway from beginning to end would be closed off for one hour. All the exits and entrances blocked by state police getting overtime pay. Then any one who wanted could bring their car/motorcycle and drive as fast and as recklessly as they wanted. No tickets, no points, plenty of ready EMTs and ambulances. Get it out of their systems, maybe a modest entry fee to help pay for overtime, etc.

Lol, they call that, a "Track Day" in my neck of the woods. B)
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • msg
    Bad!-AAA!!!
    lol to "breaking a sweat"
    So it was the liter class you raced? Sheesh!
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »

Lol @msg well it would have been a miracle if I had Scott. The tires on the trailer from Freeway Trailer that sponsored me had a speed rating of 75mph. And though I haven't had my V8 F-150 quite that fast, the liter pictured on my profile would do 185mph without breaking a sweat, which is more that I can say about myself when I was on it :D
    qbj7qf4h5s6a.jpg
    aw9ni33faq72.jpg

I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,986
    I've had a fantasy idea, that for one day, say an early Sunday morning the entire Baltimore beltway from beginning to end would be closed off for one hour. All the exits and entrances blocked by state police getting overtime pay. Then any one who wanted could bring their car/motorcycle and drive as fast and as recklessly as they wanted. No tickets, no points, plenty of ready EMTs and ambulances. Get it out of their systems, maybe a modest entry fee to help pay for overtime, etc.

Lol, they call that, a "Track Day" in my neck of the woods. B)

They call that "Leaf-Peeper Season" in my neck of the woods.

hm6i7ddq98lz.jpg
  • Geoff4rfc
    Bad!-AAA!!!
    lol to "breaking a sweat"
    So it was the liter class you raced? Sheesh!

qbj7qf4h5s6a.jpg
    aw9ni33faq72.jpg

Thanks amigo. I only raced the liter class in 06. I was mostly a 750 guy from 86-95, then from 03 to 05. 07-08 was on a 600, worst mistake I ever made lol, should have stayed on the liter. Here's a couple of 750 shots.
    rxv00acdb3r3.jpg
    a3lcg50jxolo.jpg
    356smy3orvu1.jpg
    qzdiz93dwpb7.jpg
    w9m8nheekkvi.jpg
    wiks5liey6kx.jpg
    mld7iyh3fo8z.jpg

• Geoff4rfc
    @msg Scott, heres a shot of that slow **** 600 I finished my racing stint on...That's a 750 trying to take my line...I guess I showed him :D

iw3iwvpli6rg.jpg
    st8oljj2vdns.jpg
    1pcc1uhsd2ce.jpg

• Jeez, I hope he doesn’t injure or kill anyone else when he inevitably wrecks someday. Crazy to watch, but so careless. Go to a track or something.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,733
    How @Geoff4rfc gets a haircut...

h4r7zvwrteoi.jpg
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,115
    it's a shame they took the vid down . . . the world has officially become PuzzIfied . . . to the extreme
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • msg
    I wonder - for less time than it's taking me to write this - what the terms of service are that the video violates.

Illegal activity?

Promotion of dangerous behavior on the impressionable youth who see and celebrate worse in GTA games?

Judgement of general suckiness because he was too slow? I mean he could barely sustain 180mph, after all. That's one's legit, and only fair.

I heard he turned down Red Bull sponsorship, and they were pissed.
    Don't you know who we are?!? No one rejects us! We reject you! And so they leaned on YouTube because they couldn't exploit his same dangerous acts for profit.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    I had a couple of screen captures up on my computer from when I watched this when first posted. Thought this one was cool

Took some liberty with a little processing.

=Express Only=
    qj5d1m09d8id.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,276
    If 176mph is not "express" I'm not sure what is ..... :#
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,823
    Nice screen grab!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,522
    Amazing that guy lived
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,347
    edited October 2023
    Hopefully, he never gets to drive anything ever again...not even a bicycle.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Oof.
    Who/what was filming? I didn't see a stick or anything. I know it wasn't a drone.

Okay, I can see the shadow of the stick now in the full video.

He posted that this accident was from 4 months ago. I don't know how he was even able to edit that to post without reliving it. on the youtube site you can slow it down to 0.25. I'm not really sure what happened. maybe approach was too fast for the gap. at first I thought he clipped the semi, throwing him into the truck, but it looks like he just doesn't make the gap for whatever reason. maybe panicked when he saw how short it was.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hPMM0APwvs
    I disabled signatures.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,115
    lucky AF to still be above ground
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,522
    At those speeds you would have to know where you are going far before you get there and any miscalculation would be a bad day as you can see in the video.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Geoff4rfc
    edited November 2023
    Wow, yes sir, that was the proverbial..."it's just a matter of time" saying.

His closing speeds were WAY too fast to negotiate traffic safely and successfully, scaring the crap out of just about everyone he passed. In fact, I can hear someone right now saying..."what WAS that???

His reflexes weren't there for another, MSF tells you to simply stand up on the foot pegs upon impact so you're thrown clear of the accident. HOW that rig didn't turn that guy into gnat butter is beyond me.

I think I heard someone just say, "there's no way you can think to react that fast", well, yes you can.

Your mind slows everything down so you are able to calculate closing speeds for passing, entry points for corners, shift points, etc etc.

One quick boring scenario out of 800K lol.....@PIR, off the brakes from the front straight into T-1, top speed = 185mph, entry speed = 120mph. knees and boots sliding on the pavement, dude in front of me is spinning up the rear, I see smoke coming off of it so I know this is about to get ugly so, I tighten up my line, giving him room to either get catapulted over the top or just fall and slide out.

Well, he over corrects (throttle) but not smooth enough and the bike snaps back to the inside and I'm thinking, crap, this guys going down directly in front of me. Mind you, we're the top four bikes, all on liters and wheel to wheel at 120mph in a double apex corner. So, now I widen my line through this corner and what, the dude falls down, slides across my line. I stand the bike straight up, run over this guy (separated his shoulder and fractured his wrist) and head into the grass at a thousand miles an hour.

It was a very short distance to the tire wall and I already know, if I hit this thing and stand up, I'm going to become rocket man and might not come down until I reach the next county, so, I tap the front brake, hit the ground, bounced a ways, up into the tire wall I go, the bike comes next, hit me in the leg and breaks my leg just above the ankle.

That was the only bone I ever broke in all those years of racing, and it could have been so much worse had I made a different decision in that split instant.

This dude here in the video, clearly a squid (no offense Navy). Got his cute selfie stick and racing through traffic. And when the s h i t hits the fan, so does he.

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,467
    VR3 wrote: »
    At those speeds you would have to know where you are going far before you get there and any miscalculation would be a bad day as you can see in the video.

It looks like the pickup driver applied brakes right before the crash because of traffic in front of him. Not to say the crash dummy could have made the gap anyway given his level of reckless incompetence. BTW, based on the highway signs this was on I-95 north of the Daytona International Speedway in Florida. Too much truck traffic and too many Sunday driver types to do that stuff around there.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Emlyn wrote: »
    VR3 wrote: »

It looks like the pickup driver applied brakes right before the crash because of traffic in front of him. Not to say the crash dummy could have made the gap anyway given his level of reckless incompetence. BTW, based on the highway signs this was on I-95 north of the Daytona International Speedway in Florida. Too much truck traffic and too many Sunday driver types to do that stuff around there.

Exactly!!!!

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,276
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,347
    Good
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    yoiks. 'bout to get six poundsa state jewelry...
    Canada's newest resident.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Geoff4rfc
    WOW.......that was about as stupid as..."Look what I can do"......

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,733
    WOW.......that was about as stupid as..."Look what I can do"......

Followed by ', hold my beer "