Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited April 2023
    Miss noted those open baffle speakers
    Wathen is less than 10miles from me in Kemah

He did some work on my buddies bass guitar several years ago
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    $9,399 for the open baffle Wathen speakers. We listened to them before they switched to the cubes and they sounded incredible, too. I think he said they were being driven by 16 watts. 😳

https://wathenspeakers.com/store/p136/CryoTone_Dipole_Speakers.html

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    gj4czooycgk1.jpg
    bi9ejaxc2tf1.jpg
    7sr5sc5n1vlz.jpg
    New Bob Carver gear

Impressions?

There pretty!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    For those that want to live vicariously through photos of this event, here is a good thread to see Axpona setups.

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/axpona-2023-photo-tour.36683/

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2023
    ALL212 wrote: »
    e9kazv5fg1dv.jpeg

We could never get in there. As always the room was basically pitch black and only 3 chairs 😒
    There's a lot more light in that picture than in person.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    treitz3 wrote: »
    For those that want to live vicariously through photos of this event, here is a good thread to see Axpona setups.

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/axpona-2023-photo-tour.36683/

Tom

Dat’s da bad boy!

Tanks fer sharing Thomas!

8oa5t6n02e4f.png
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2
    That was in a couple of rooms Glenn
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Thanks for all those pics Ivan. Man, those VAC mono's are simply gorgeous. They never fail to impress with their gear.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    kpieh8mmvqae.jpg
    25 watts of pure class A with something like 150 million uf of capacitance headroom, incredible amps. Running these monster 92db efficient speakers. Incredible low end! jqbnedux9bkg.jpg

Tony you needed to hear these, simply put, made things stand on end... B)
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited April 2023
    indyhawg wrote: »
    I attended Saturday. Wish more of you guys could have made it, but I had a great time yesterday meeting up and hanging out with @pitdogg2 and @bcwsrt. Saw a lot of cool audio gear and great to get their viewpoints. Also good to see Skip again even if it was briefly and meeting @cstmar01, who was working one of the exhibits. I also have to thank Ivan for help spending my money on a couple of SACDs.

Was nice seeing you guys! Sorry for not being able to chat very long but appreciate you guys stopping by.

Wish I had more time to get away and see more systems. One that I liked was room 456 I think. Plasma tweeters and it sounded good. Was suprised by how good it sounded for not a lot of money tho I don’t want a tank of helium just hanging out in my listening room. Just odd.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    How did that Carver pre sound?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    How did the sound of the $70k Vimberg speaker compare to the $75k Tidal speaker?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • pitdogg2
    How did that Carver pre sound?

John when we were at the room nothing was playing. The pre is still not out and will not be coming out for some time yet. According the Jim Clark it is hung up with chip problems. They were actually using an old C11 pre from the TFM days.