AXPONA 2023 April 14-16

Options

Comments

• ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,556
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    ALL212 wrote: »
    Possibly!! He is running this TT with two tone arms (not simultaneously for you inquisitive types)

Which direction? :D

Congrats on your promotion! You get employee discounts now? I had landscapers here today. They saved me from transporting and spreading 250 plus bags of mulch.

No discounts but the transition of the oddball pre+power and power amp into two stereo units was reasonable (slightly used caps for free). I did run the light switch in the room! WhoooHooo!

Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    If’n y’all see any Lampizator stuff paired wit whatever, please report in-kind. TIA
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Shoot. Just seeing this. I would have meet up with you. A lot of Innuos and Aruender. I was very suprised at the lack of Lumin presence.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,508
    Options
    From the AudioNirvana site:

2ck636ll55bl.png
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    9wi02q1usbjb.jpg
    ocis1fm1zbma.jpg
    y5r5oxcixf89.jpg
    PS audio room was incredible! Paul played Pink Floyd welcome to the machine......WOW! STUPENDOUS!!

• pitdogg2
    Options
    From the AudioNirvana site:

2ck636ll55bl.png

Ken are you at Axpona?
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    Keep the pics and narration coming. Living through those that are there. I should really go next year.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,279
    Options
    I had a ticket to go, then work got in the way.
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2023
    Options
    yxnjrf1uzu3v.jpg
    nslp1e9c0fpf.jpg
    72gujdvbo3uj.jpg
    38svtc08ok6r.jpg

Live in the now.....as of right now.
    😉

All gear is in the room I'm at now

• pitdogg2
    Options
    gj4czooycgk1.jpg
    bi9ejaxc2tf1.jpg
    7sr5sc5n1vlz.jpg
    New Bob Carver gear

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,601
    Options
    7h7wi4k24mpd.jpeg
    20q1kcpwjey3.jpeg
    spuifscqtwvb.jpeg
    uvmdiba1mibp.jpeg
    ae10aneokgn6.jpeg
    a1bpdc8zwc96.jpeg
    st1zcluzryvs.jpeg
    cgboz3rgqrkw.jpeg
    0do60xhju2qb.jpeg
    e8y1l9dtzdzc.jpeg
    fjnjqzhc2b0m.jpeg
    4j99aze80nq5.jpeg
    qdaz04og5k8l.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    As Brock mentioned, in a few days if you can reflect and give us an opinion of the rooms and pics your took.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited April 2023
    Options
    tsgfehr6g41m.png

ggq9pvcvub7m.png

q6od7af0x0wp.png

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    I see Scott's bumped up his game quite a bit. Nice!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    7qjgthd7679v.jpguebzns1pl0jp.jpg
    e2p7csqpk8fh.jpg20rdblddtwrk.jpg
    This room was a beast with these Audio Research 160's and speakers, very dynamic and the tube gear was fast and powerful. Too bad I can't tell you more. The guy running the room couldn't tell me squat about anything other then one of the amps meters was broken, no shat Dick Tracy my eyes tell that!

• txcoastal1
    Options
    You guys, find me cost effective efficient speakers I can run on 12watts

Under 8k
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• pitdogg2
    edited April 2023
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    You guys, find me cost effective efficient speakers I can run on 12watts

Under 8k

0ccbicnqq7xz.jpg
    These little speakers had a wide deep sound field and bass. Ran off a 12 or 20 watt tube amps
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    xhyoj5dvivga.jpg
    jwrebhpp5c41.jpg
    The amps that ran that cube speaker and an open baffle speaker
    77fy0gphat7r.jpg

• pitdogg2
    Options
    oyqnk60hhonh.jpg1sj7ddrtzhbk.jpg
    iirolgvhms5u.jpg
    Love me some Dan D'Agostino!! If I EVER win the lottery this is what I'm buying!

• txcoastal1
    Options
    Those cube speakers start around 12k

• pitdogg2
    Options
    kpieh8mmvqae.jpg
    25 watts of pure class A with something like 150 million uf of capacitance headroom, incredible amps. Running these monster 92db efficient speakers. Incredible low end! jqbnedux9bkg.jpg

• treitz3
    Options
    Well, Ron....

You asked......

Quit yo' b****'*!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    "Take me to your leader"

• treitz3
    Options
    Awe, dang...I love ya' brother. I hope to see you at LSAF.

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    edited April 2023
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Well, Ron....

You asked......

Quit yo' b****'*!

Tom

"SHUT UP TOM!!" I said 8k not 120k

Where can I get that dudes hat?!?

• pitdogg2
    Options

I could have swore he said 8k, I'm sorry brah.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,601
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I could have swore he said 8k, I'm sorry brah.

Inertia Cubes. $1,560.00

https://wathenspeakers.com/store/p28/Inertia_Cubes.html
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Boom drop the mic! But hey Ron I'd sell to you for $3000.00.......each.....

😉😉😁😁
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    gj4czooycgk1.jpg
    bi9ejaxc2tf1.jpg
    7sr5sc5n1vlz.jpg
    New Bob Carver gear

Impressions?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson