Didn't realize I would have issues picking a AVR

Options
2»

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Good info guys.

Yes, the improvement in imaging is what I noticed. It's undeniable.

I stumbled across it quite by accident in what was what I initially thought to be a horrible configuration just for the purpose of basic operational testing. I discovered a hint at imaging I'd never experienced, and so I cultured that setup a bit.

In the end, I experienced a fade-in come into the sound stage as if approaching me from a distance. I remember exclaiming out loud when it happened. Reproducible, too. Pretty fun.

And then I moved the stuff to my main space setup and never found it again. The end.
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    Placing Speakers in a room is one way to get good sound, acoustic treatments will take it to another level. Both together is where it's at.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    I want the Christmas tree back! I love that your wife adds a nice touch like that in the room, decorating it for different occasions. It’s a statement of love that cannot be denied.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    Options
    P.S. It’s Saint Patrick’s Day any minute now! ☘️ 🇮🇪 🥳
    Alea jacta est!
  • mantis
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    I want the Christmas tree back! I love that your wife adds a nice touch like that in the room, decorating it for different occasions. It’s a statement of love that cannot be denied.

Well you don't have to ask Twice, my wife loves to decorate and this holiday is no different.

Here you go my friend.
    60xvjwkunc9s.jpeg
    Dan
  • Kex
    Options
    Perfect! 🤩

*and yes: you are lucky to have such a wife in your life! 😉
    Alea jacta est!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    mantis wrote: »

Well you don't have to ask Twice, my wife loves to decorate and this holiday is no different.

Here you go my friend.
    60xvjwkunc9s.jpeg

I like the wall colors!
  • mantis
    Options
    Perfect! 🤩

*and yes: you are lucky to have such a wife in your life! 😉

She's a keeper
    Dan
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,620
    Options
    I recently went with a Marantz Cinema 70s. Very low power section, but I knew I would be using an external amp for the front channels. I love it.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    I’m looking for a new ore pro and not rushing into anything! Got some ideas in this thread but I’m not in a position to make a move for a couple of months!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • mantis
    Options
    Polkitup2 wrote: »
    I recently went with a Marantz Cinema 70s. Very low power section, but I knew I would be using an external amp for the front channels. I love it.

I've installed the Cinema 70 many times and it's fantastic all by itself even without any external amps. It's not overly powerful but it gets the job done in a smaller room or bedroom with easier to drive speakers. I think it's wonderful.
    Dan
  • mantis
    Options
    I’m looking for a new ore pro and not rushing into anything! Got some ideas in this thread but I’m not in a position to make a move for a couple of months!

What are you looking for? What are your needs? I do have a Sony STRAZ5000es up for sale which can Rival Separates all day. It has power internal amps, a killer preamp section and 360 Spatial Audio is probably the best in the bussiness right now. It's my Second Sony ES receiver in the last 8 years.
    Dan