L900 modules

Options
Milito
Milito Posts: 1,914
Anyone have these? I'm thinking about getting them for my L600's.

I'm running L600's and L400 center channel and two Polk speakers in the ceiling as back surround speakers.

Will they help or is it a waste of money?
Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    it you want atmos they will be better than nothing.
  • Milito
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Just thinking with the sale if they improved the sound that much for movies, not for music.

Can get them for $269 a pair right now.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Pretty reasonable price.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Milito wrote: »
    Just thinking with the sale if they improved the sound that much for movies, not for music.

For the price, adding them is no brainer.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    I have them in L800s. As stated above they're better than not having them. They do work well and add to the home theater experience without much outlay. The ideal for Atmos is two sets of height speakers in the ceiling for panning of audio front to rear.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    edited December 2022
    Options
    L900 PSA just in case someone misses it in the other thread. Read before ordering:

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2709077/#Comment_2709077
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Milito
    Options
    Ordered a pair, thanks to all for the input.
  • LegendaryDan
    Options

Where did you find L900s for $269 a pair???
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

Where did you find L900s for $269 a pair???

Polk Forum member family sale...ended Monday. Stick around and welcome to Club Polk

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/197660/50-year-anniversary-sale-up-to-50-off-only-for-polk-forum-members#latest
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Milito
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I Hooked up my L900's to my L600 with my Yamaha RX-A2070. Now the Yamaha won't recognize my L600's, no sound. The sound is working on L900's. I checked connections and everything is as it was before I added the L900's. The L600's were working fine before I added the L900's.

In the Yamaha setup menu my mains can't be activated. I have family over so I don't have time right now to check further. Any ideas?

In 2 channel mode running thru my Musical Fidelity M6si, the L600's worked fine.
  • Emlyn
    Options
    Strange. Could possibly be a setting in the receiver where the height channels are used to "biamp" the mains?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Gonna ask a st up id question...but you did run a seperate pair of cables to the L600's for the 900's??
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Milito
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Yes I did, lol doesn't hurt to ask though as I have done some stupid things in the past like everyone else.

I haven't ever seen any setting in the receiver to biamp the mains, but I'll look again. There is, but that didn't help.
  • Emlyn
    edited December 2022
    Options
    On the 2070 it looks like the L900 should be used as the Front Presence speakers which connect to the speaker jacks on the right side of the rear panel looking at it from the rear. Those are also the outputs labeled Extra and could be used as Zone 2 or Biamp outputs too. The main speakers should run normally if they remain connected to the main speaker outputs.

There may be some setting I am unaware of in the menu to direct the sound to specific outputs in an unusual way. I don’t know why the mains would not play normally given no connections changed for those. Maybe the L900s are running as Zone 2? Just a wild guess.
  • Milito
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I've got them running as front presence speakers. When I have more time I'm going to double check everything again Monday after all the family leaves.

I just thought it would be a 30 minute operation, install the speakers and go upstairs in the attic and grab some cable. I had trouble getting the cover plate out on top of the left speaker, it took probably 20 minutes for that as I didn't want to damage the top of the speaker. It was way too tight a fit.

I connected the cable in what I thought was the front presence connection and the L900 worked fin,. but not the L600's. I disconnected the L900's and the L600's still didn't work. Hopefully I missed something.

I am running the L600's connected to my M6si, would that be an issue instead of them running off the Yamaha? I have been running my L400 off the Yamaha center channel connection. I have the HT/AUX setting for HT activated.
  • Milito
    Options
    Really weird, my main speakers (L600's) started working correctly a few days ago. I hadn't changed a thing on them as I haven't had the time to do anything with family being here.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    Warm up time?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Milito
    Options
    I'm going with #1, ghosts as it had ample warm up time and I hadn't been drinking.