"It's Raining all over the world".

Options
THIS is one of the mains reasons to have physical music and the ability to play it back.

'Nuff said....

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    edited November 2022
    Options
    https://youtu.be/IYhqlOQ1vHY
    Are you ready for a Showdomn
    I'm assuming your listening to a Little ELO
    That tune sounds crazy good on my 2.3tl's good and loud.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,833
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Listened to an album by Michigan Curve - "Bluesmen Don't Use Umbrellas" tonight from a Tidal source. Loved what I heard, so I went online to find the CD or record. Nope, seems to be only available by streaming/download/whatever. Unfreakingbelievable!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,119
    Options
    When Jesse started listening to music, it was still being played on the dried skulls of his enemies and the skins of wooly mammoths
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,456
    Options
    And you guys give me ship when I post drunk... :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    Options
    Call me dumb but what does raining all over the world mean?
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • newbie308
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    Call me dumb but what does raining all over the world mean?

You aren't alone Mantis! I was getting ready to build an arc that I can load my albums on two by two after reading that!
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,614
    edited November 2022
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    THIS is one of the mains reasons to have physical music and the ability to play it back.

'Nuff said....

Tom

Like this?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,384
    Options
    Dayyum. I figured at least one of you would have figured this one out. It's part of the lyrics within the song, "Rainy NIght in Georgia" by Millage Gilbert. I had been doing things to the rig yesterday (I'll tell you about the Ethernet cable later...wow) and right before I went to bed, I wanted to hear an entire album that I hadn't heard in some time.

So, I put in the Three Faces album by Millage Gilbert.....in memory of the late, great Mr. George Daniel's.

bclwx36pep3h.png

When this song came on, I had forgotten what kind of a true gem this song was. I finished out listening to the album and went back to listen to this particular song two more times. It has been probably 3 or 4 years since I listened to this album in it's entirety and while I enjoyed the entire album, this song, on my system (probably yours too) just stood out as "simply awesome".

If you do not have the album. Get it today. You will not be wasting your money. George Daniel's was the one who turned me onto Millage Gilbert many, many years ago and as soon as I heard the first song he played off of this album.....I think it was, "Let's Straighten it Out".....I just knew I had to have this album.

My point last night was that this is not available on Qobuz or Tidal. Only physical music.

Jesse made another good point....and this is something that I was leaning toward talking about. In today's world, having access to many different formats (LP, streaming, digital/CD's, R2R) greatly enhances your chances to get the golden gems played back on the hi-fi rig. He can only get Michigan Curve - "Bluesmen Don't Use Umbrellas" through streaming. No physical media. I have encountered this on occasion as well.

Even Trey (@VR3) has stated to me that this album (Three Faces by Millage Gilbert) is one of the reasons he would ever go back to physical music. Makes sense because he can't listen to it on his rig. Ya' gotta have the physical music.

I also have many CD's that aren't available on vinyl and some LP's that simply are not available on any digital or streaming services.

My point is this.

If you really love music. Ya' gotta have as many sources/formats as you can tolerate/have the room for. That way, when you want to hear your personal best on the best system you have?

You can.

This song is part of my argument/point for having physical media. Jesse's mentioned album is part of my argument/point for having streaming.....speaking of. Now, I will stroll on back to the rig, fire her up for the day and listen to what Jesse is referring too. There's another good reason to stream music!

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,079
    Options
    Millage Gilbert three faces CD is the stuff that births audiophiles... Amazing cd
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Millage Gilbert three faces CD is the stuff that births audiophiles... Amazing cd

Just put a bid on it. Hopefully none of yous guyses out bid me!
  • F1nut
    Options
    Tom, I knew exactly what the thread title was about.

Last night Scott, Tony and I got together to hang out, listen to music, etc. and we played a few of Millage's songs including "Let's Straighten it Out". When Scott played the Michigan Curve song via Tidal I knew immediately that I wanted the CD or record because I don't stream/download and I'm super pi$$ed that I can't buy a physical copy.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Tom, I knew exactly what the thread title was about.

Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity.

*Wipes brow*

Tom

• la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    Brook Benton's rendition isn't too shabby either.
    fg29rqa9f1xi.jpg
  • treitz3
    Options
    Jesse, I am up to, "Show me a Sign" on that album. Great tune! That guy definitely has a unique voice. Thanks for sharing.

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    edited November 2022
    Options
  • treitz3
    Options
    I take it that you lost the auction, Ivan?

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • newbie308
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yep!

I saw it, and was going to bid on it until I saw your post, so it wasn't me! ;) Can't win em all...
    Sources: Technics SL1200MKII | SME3009 Tonearm | Monster Alpha 1 MC cartridge | Oppo UDP203 disk player | Nikko NT-790 analog tuner | Musical Fidelity Trivista 21 DAC | Preamp: Threshold SL-10 | Amplifier: Threshold Stasis 2 | Speakers: Snell Acoustics C/V | Kimber 12-TC bi wire speakers | Analysis plus Oval 1 preamp to amp | Wireworld Eclipse 7 DAC to Preamp | Wireworld eclipse digital IC Oppo to DAC | Audioquest Quartz tuner to preamp |
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    newbie308 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yep!

I saw it, and was going to bid on it until I saw your post, so it wasn't me! ;) Can't win em all...

Nope it happens, I was on the road at the ending so I was not able to counterbid. I'll find it out there and get it.
  • treitz3
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I did not realize that this CD is as rare as a hen's tooth now. Yeah, if you see it? Snag it.

They are only going to go up in cost from here on out.

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Lets just say a copy of this has found me. I am shocked to say the least.
    Thank You kind sir!!
  • F1nut
    edited November 2022
    Options
    You guys should check this one out. Rocking blues and a great recording. "Rocket '88" will get your blood moving and "Why I Sing The Blues" is a pièce de résistance.
    https://www.discogs.com/release/11799779-George-Faber-Blues

He's got another, but it's not as bluesy, definitely mellower. It's a gold CD.
    https://www.discogs.com/release/13049628-George-Faber-It-Beats-Workin

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    Options
    Bought the autographed, NM one. Thanks Jesse.

Tom
  • F1nut
    Options
    I believe you'll like it Tom.

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    Options
    Hehe....I hope so. I bought the other one too. It wasn't on Qobuz or Tidal....so....

BTW, thank you to whomever hooked Ivan up with Millage Gilbert. That was mighty kind of you. 😉

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I believe you'll like it Tom.

You were right. I got them in the other day and just put them in. Right up my alley for some great tunes! Thank you very much for the suggestion(s).

On the first album now. Two thumbs up!!!

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    Damn, Jesse. This album ROCKS!!!

Tom
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Damn, Jesse. This album ROCKS!!!

Tom

Where are you streaming this gem😂

"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • treitz3
    Options
    Sorry about the "slight" delay in my response to you on this one. The album was physical media....not available on streaming.

Although, you may want to check. It may be available now.

Tom
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,986
    Options
    Just ordered a copy for $10 shipped on eBay, figured it was worth a shot. There is at least one more copy there if you’re interested @tophatjohnny
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer