Unable to purchase Home Theater system

Options
2»

Answers

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,040
    Options
    Maybe buy all the individual pieces then have them refund you to match the bundle
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • MBinMD
    MBinMD Posts: 19
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Maybe buy all the individual pieces then have them refund you to match the bundle

I could. Adding them individually does indeed work. Not sure I'm willing to take a gamble on the purchase being corrected after the fact.
  • VR3
    Options
    Call them to talk about it

Communication is key!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • MBinMD
    edited November 2022
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Call them to talk about it

Communication is key!

As I mentioned, I have. And was less than impressed, thus the hesitancy.
  • VR3
    Options
    They should send an email in writing what you discuss, don't hang up until you have that
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    Another option is to contact Adorama. They usually run deals on multi speaker systems and may match the Polk offer.

I wasn't aware the XT70s use dual 8" passive radiators. Pretty cool.
  • MBinMD
    Options
    I'm pretty darn stoked, Emlyn. The specs may not impress an audiophile, but they are a heck of an upgrade over my 10-year-old $399 Onkyo home theater in a box system.

I'll be placing an order (with each speaker/pair added individually) here in a few minutes. Fingers crossed that the sale price will be honored after the fact.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,334
    Options
    You can always link them to this thread, "if" things go South. It's not like you haven't tried.

BTW, I don't believe you have been welcomed to the Polk Forum. Please allow me to offer you a very warm welcome to Club Polk!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • MBinMD
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome, Tom.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a bigger issue @ polkaudio.com than just the home theater system add to cart glitch.

I can't place a successful order through polkaudio.com at all. I'm using the same address and card that I used for the receiver order through denon.com.

vgnfipcwye0d.png

I do not see a hold or declined charge. It's as if the polk website didn't actually make contact with the card issuer.

Good grief
  • MBinMD
    Options
    li5y0lu0ikoo.png

Been seeing this occasionally.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Out of curiosity are you using ad blockers like ublock origin
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • MBinMD
    edited November 2022
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity are you using ad blockers like ublock origin

No. No blockers, no firewall or AV software (other than Windows built-in). I'm seeing the same issue on my home network, mobile network, and work network. Private browsing, Edge, Chrome, Firefox. Makes no difference. Polkaudio.com is glitch-ridden in all and on all networks.

Denon.com ordering worked without issue.

*edit I should mention that the cloudflare issue occurs only if I have a home theater system "in cart". I'm unable to remove them from my cart. The only ways to get around being unable to clear my cart (and therefore start with an empty cart) is to use private browsing and not sign-in to my polk account, or clear cookies for polkaudio.com. The cart will be absolutely unusable if I sign-in.

The failed order was in private-browsing mode, not signed in so as to be able to start with an empty cart.
    Post edited by MBinMD on
  • MBinMD
    edited November 2022
    Options
    3frlspvsc29c.png

Finally got an order for the individual items to go through. Tried a different credit card. The original credit card worked Denon.com and other websites. *shrug* The home theater packages are still broken though.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    If they don't figure out how to honor the sale price send 'em right back.

:D
  • MBinMD
    Options
    The cart issue has been fixed. Don't know when exactly. I hadn't checked since yesterday.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    Hey guys, for some reason I was not receiving notifications from the forum. It looks like it was fixed, but let me know if you experience this again.

Shocked I tell you, utterly shocked!
    Welcome to the world of vanilla!!
  • gtr109
    Options
    I'm experiencing all of the same issues as MBinMD, for roughly 10 days now. I've contacted support several times to no avail. I've also DM'd Carl Jacobson detailing the issues I'm experiencing, but I haven't received a response. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,606
    Options
    It's working for me in Edge and Chrome. Can you try a different browser?
  • MBinMD
    Options
    gtr109 wrote: »
    I'm experiencing all of the same issues as MBinMD, for roughly 10 days now. I've contacted support several times to no avail. I've also DM'd Carl Jacobson detailing the issues I'm experiencing, but I haven't received a response. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Try in private browsing. Or clear site cookies and don't sign in.
  • gtr109
    Options
    I've tried Chrome, Edge and Safari, all with the similar results. I've also tried private browsing, clearing cookies, signing in and not signing in. It's pretty frustrating.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,606
    Options
    Try a mobile device or tablet?
  • gtr109
    Options
    Yes, I've tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox on my phone. In all cases, it's hangs up when trying to sign in. When trying to check out as a guest, it gives me an error message on my address. I've tried this with bundles, and individual components, even while on the phone with customer support. I need an intervention from the web team.