• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    RIP, prayers for him and his family.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    Options
    So sad to hear...RIP George.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    May you RIP George, my most sincere condolences to his wife and family.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    RIP George.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    I was just alerted today concerning George's condition. I do believe in God and that He is a God of miracles. Never met George personally, but I know that he's a great guy and kind soul all the way around. Prayers for peace & comfort for George and his family, in Jesus Name. God bless you, my friend.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    I never had the pleasure of meeting or interacting with him, but he must have been a special guy to have so many friends here. RIP
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    RIP George. Had many wonderful visits and phone chats with the old salt. Bought his VTL mono blocks years ago. There are still in the neighborhood. Might run over, warm them up and raise a glass to the cranky but lovable guy. The man loved his music.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    Options
    fewaagmw13fc.jpg

When Mr. D makes it Home on his final journey he'll be welcomed with "Welcome home, George, you did well".
    ✝️

Wishes for his family to find comfort at this time.
    He did well

Indeed.
    Well done, good and faithful servant.

Still, on this side of eternity, it's very sad to read of George Daniels' passing. Condolences to and prayers for peace and comfort for his family and friends from the Hardys.

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    Options
    RIP George Daniel
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    I knew George from the Polk forum. He purchased a turntable from me, a Rega Planar 2, in 2007. It was listed for local pickup only. George was first to post in the for sale thread. He posted "if you decide to ship" with a smiley face. So we talked and I sourced a Rega turntable box from the local audio store and sent it to him. He also ended up with a Hagerman phono pre I built for Carl. Always enjoyed speaking with him. RIP George.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Prayers headed your way George, may the good Lord take you aside and show you his stereo system. Wishing all the best for your family.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    Condolences to family & friends. George isn't in a better place right now, he's in the best place!

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. - 2 Corinthians 5:8

Vaya con dios, our friend. You are loved and will be missed.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,924
    Options
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    The last time I talked to George on the telephone, he talked a lot about how much he loved the Dodd MLP. We discussed selling him my Dodd ELP but I ultimately decided to keep it. He really like the Dodds, and they certainly are giant killers. I always enjoyed talking to George, he was so helpful and his advice was always spot-on. That’s a great picture, Tom. I never met him in person but I almost feel like I have.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Just now seeing this sad news indeed R.I.P. Mr Daniel's.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    RIP George. Prayers sent to his family & many friends George had.
    Randy/Maine
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    Options
    Great pic and story. I remember the Dodd at his Carverfest setup in there place. I miss him and worry about Janice.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    edited September 2022
    Options
    George RIP. I didn't know you, but it sounds like you were a great guy. Many will miss you. Prayers to your family.

BTW, great story.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Options
    Sad to hear of his passing. I don’t post often but read the forums daily and always appreciated and respected his posts.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Tom and I visited George many moons ago. Just hanging around for a while listening to some music. I brought out a Ditty Bops CD and gave it a spin.
    There's one song on there that starts out with faint wind chimes before the music starts. It was so eerily real we all stopped dead in our tracks for a few moments.
    I think I "left" that disc there.....
    Sublime moment.
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Condolences to his family & friends. R.I.P.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,345
    Options
    Hey, all. It is with a very heavy heart that I bring you some bad news. I just now found out that Janice Daniels has passed away. She passed on July, 21st.

If you had the pleasure of ever meeting her, you simply loved her. She was such a wonderful person and I feel blessed that I was able to be in her presence on many an occasion. I'll have to whip up some of her famous Wedding Soup in her honor.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,053
    Options
    Ah man, that is terrible. George and Janice were both extremely kind people. Was a pleasure to meet them both down at Teds
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Damn! :'(
    The good news from this is that her and George are together now and forever.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    Options
    Condolences to the Daniels family
    Randy/Maine
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    That is sad news. RIP
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Janice was a free spirited sweetheart. I'm grateful to have known them and will miss not seeing her or George again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Options
    Very sad to hear this news. I alsohad the pleasure to meet both of them at Ted's place also. George and Janice were the nicest of people. Janice grew up in the Pittsburgh area so George would drop in once in a while.

RIP Janice
    Carl

• chrispyfur
    chrispyfur Posts: 170
    Options
    They sound like great people. I enjoyed reading the story of the pre-amp. Sad for the loss to the community.