What happened to Verb?

Options
Anyone hear from @verb lately? He hasn't been around in quite q while...
"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,618
    Options
    Garage is done nothing to post about :D
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,524
    Options
    Working too much or riding his motorcycle?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Sitting in new shop and playing with his tool
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    ^^^ and the response to some of his posts should answer the question.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,528
    Options
    Well, I hope he shows back up...
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,070
    edited August 2022
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »
    ^^^ and the response to some of his posts should answer the question.

I dunno, they all seem like good-natured ribbing to me.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »

I text with him occasionally, he's good just busy with work and life.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,342
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    daddyjt wrote: »

I text with him occasionally, he's good just busy with work and life.

Thanks - glad he’s ok!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Clipdat
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Last I heard he took the L800 plunge.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,085
    Options
    Must be with Joe Coulson.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,089
    Options
    Joe joined the klipsch dark side
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Verb is working like a dog on the Silverado and GMC electric pickup projects!
    Alea jacta est!
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,007
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Joe joined the klipsch dark side
    What?!? :o Next thing you'll tell me is that he's gone all tubes! I know he did like to change things up periodically.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,485
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hey Dave!
    So cool you're working on something like this. Do you get to shape the ergos?

Sounds like you're keeping busy.
    Hope you've still got some time/inspiration for tunes.
    Have you spent much time with your L800s yet?
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,194
    Options
    Bringing this back. Thought about Dave today, seems he hasn’t been active in over a year, hope all is well.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I was texting with him last night. He's doing well, he's retired now and living the dream.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,618
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I was texting with him last night. He's doing well, he's retired now and living the dream.

Serious?
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Yeah, on both parts.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,167
    Options
    I bet he’s taking a healthy vowel movement!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • stangman67
    Options
    Well good for him. Tell him we miss him around these parts!

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,456
    Options
    Oh no! He can't retire until I retire! This is BS!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    If he’s retired he should be spending MORE time here
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,963
    Options
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,765
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    I hope you all had a chance to see the debut of the electric Silverado, as the interior is my baby. GMC is coming too !!!

Good to hear you are doing well!!

Quick sidenote/derail....but serious question if I may.... maybe you have insight....

Will GM, EVER ....add reclining rear seats to their pickups?

RAM does, even with the seat against the rear window.

Ford or GM doesn't have this option.

I would love a pickup but if I'm taking a roadtrip with the fam, I want my passengers to be comfortable. I have passed on the Silverado/Sierra the last 2 generations because of this.

So many friends and I have the same views, want to move from a SUV to a pickup, mainly a 2500 for towing but need it for a roadtrip also.

Hopefully GM is doing this.

Take care man!!
  • stangman67
    Options
    I think @verb up and left the ole forum for good unfortunately.

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,195
    Options
    I seem to remember an attack on him for posting his home remodeling updates.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • stangman67
    edited January 21
    Options
    I remember the same. Sad, I always enjoyed his threads, and enjoyed the remodeling thread.

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,945
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    I remember the same. Sad, I always enjoyed his threads, and enjoyed the remodeling thread.

I don't remember that, I did want to see that room done, if posted it I don't remember seeing it..
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,720
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    I think @verb up and left the ole forum for good unfortunately.

Hope that wasn't the case also for @ptrooper
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.