And then there were three………

2»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    FWIW, I have my two Rythmik F-25 sealed subs flanking the two mains on Target MR Maximum Rigidity Speaker stands that are spiked. The subs sit about 2 and a half feet up from the floor and the tops of the subs are basically at shoulder level. Even though they are crammed in the corners? With proper adjustment, there is zero overloading of the room, inaudible unwanted artifacts/distortion and the texture/authority is probably the best, most accurate and definitive/clear bass I have ever put my ears on.

This, in a 13x15 room.

Direct Servo is a completely different animal than any high excursion sub. To compare the 2 is somewhat laughable (to me), as the end result offered is apples and oranges. I like both for what they do but for music, my preference will always be toward a direct servo sub.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    Rubber feet or some sort of footer is definitely on the horizon. One thing of note,the bass is so much tighter with the SVS subs. I’m still very much in the learning phase of all the pro settings. This is all fun experimenting with how these settings affect sound.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    Rubber feet or some sort of footer is definitely on the horizon. One thing of note,the bass is so much tighter with the SVS subs. I’m still very much in the learning phase of all the pro settings. This is all fun experimenting with how these settings affect sound.

See if you can download the “Sonic Tools” app. I use this to get a rough visual representation of my in-room frequency response.

It has helped me tremendously with improving placement and making crossover, volume, balance, and tone control adjustments for a better overall in-room response at the listening seat.

At a reasonable cost you can also put acoustic foam bass traps (cubes/wedges) in the corners of your room for even more bass detail.

GLW dialing them in!
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • TEAforONE
    Thanks for the app suggestion @jbreezy5. My listening room is pretty well treated. Plenty of GIK.
    ilrjuwqg2dzb.jpeg
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited May 2022
    GIK?

@jbreezy5 thanks for the app tip from me too
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • TEAforONE
    gp4jesus wrote: »
    GIK?

@jbreezy5 thanks for the app tip from me too

https://www.gikacoustics.com/
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710
    See Larry's experience with that company, then go to Soundproofcow for your needs.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TEAforONE
    edited May 2022
    Delete. Why can’t I delete my own comment???
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,710

Vanilla
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TEAforONE
    F1nut wrote: »

Vanilla

I’m getting to really dislike that flavor.
  • gp4jesus
    F1nut wrote: »

Vanilla

I’m getting to really dislike that flavor.
    I’ve always favored chocolate myself
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • gp4jesus
    jbreezy5 wrote: »
    …download the “Sonic Tools” app. I use this to get a rough visual representation of my in-room frequency response.
    at the risk of embarrassing myself, can ya point me to a place that will explain what sonic tools is saying?

I haven’t tried on my system yet. I have a few things I’d like to double check against my RTA. I used the apps Sonic & Noise Gen w/it.

I’ve watched it “listen to the house” this morning before the mob wakes up eliminates any chance of accuracy. Very interesting.

Again thanks

Tony

• jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Just use “SND Spectrum” with “Peak Hold” to see what the frequency response looks like in the room with music playing, and hold the mic level in front of your nose while in the listening seat.

You’ll want to listen to something that covers as much of the audible range as possible (a lot of recorded music doesn’t do much above 5-10kHz).

It’s by no means exact, but I found it useful.

I had waaay too much energy in the mid and upper-bass regions, and not enough energy in the midrange and high frequencies.

I used acoustic foam treatments, as well as, the bass and treble controls (I know anathema to most, but useful to me) on my preamp to get a measurably flatter response, then tuned the sound more finely to taste if the music became unnatural sounding.

The result for me is better detail and less listener fatigue. My brain isn’t trying as hard to interpret what is on a recording due to greater clarity resulting from a more optimal frequency balance and fewer room reflections.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.