⏰ Senate Approves Daylight Savings Time ⏰

Options
2»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,335
    Options
    Just a little bit of history on DST...

https://www.washingtonian.com/2022/03/15/the-us-tried-permanent-daylight-saving-time-in-the-70s-people-hated-it/?fbclid=IwAR0iqQak1rPFmGvLMBWq_DUO-ZLFq3e9nIDrt8UoH3DD7_IxMsdcMX8Zkwc

....and before that during WWII.

Personally, I feel that things like this and hair style discrimination should even be on the radar of what our officials should be concerning themselves with.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    I recall that, LOVED IT!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited March 2022
    Options
    A lot of our government leaders and now military generals play in sand boxes. That's what I'm seeing.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I don't give a ship whether it's permanent daylight savings time or standard time. Just pick one. Guaranteed the Republicans will want DST and the Democrats will want ST or visa versa but they will no doubt disagree. :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »

I still think DST (per a story on historic trends) was just a joke between two kings about what ridiculous things they could make their peasants obey. The one King won, and it's been a thing ever since.

Another story was the Gov. wanted Farmers to have more daylight to farm by, per the clock's time.

Another story was it was made to keep kids safe at bus stops when picked up or dropped off.

It was indeed a joke, but not a king's joke ;)

https://www.phillyvoice.com/ben-franklin-was-joking-when-he-suggested-daylight-saving-time/
  • audioluvr
    edited March 2022
    Options
    The workforce that benefits the most from starting work at dawn is the construction industry and farmers. Some companies vary their start times as the season progresses. For example as summer approaches change your start time from 7am to 6:30 am. Farmers on the other hand usually wake up when the roosters start to crow or the the light of day wakes them up. This latter is ingrained in our DNA to naturally take advantage of the daylight hours. If you don't believe me, this Saturday, remove the shades from your bedroom windows and see what time you wake up.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Buncha grumpy old f*rts here. :p

Aren’t we the same group who will spend hours a day toeing our speakers in and out and doing subwoofer crawls to get the best sound?!? Can’t we take 5 minutes twice a year to change the few clocks that don’t do it themselves? I’m in no way for a shorter day in the summer. I still work an 8-5 or 6-ish day and without DST, I’d lose an hour a day to get quality outdoor time and yard work done over the summers. The summers are already too short, so don’t dare take that daylight away from me! B)

If anything does change (and I hope it doesn’t), I hope it makes DST permanent. I’d rather go to work in the dark than come home from work in the dark.

Maybe when I retire and need something to complain about, I’ll change my stance.

Disclaimer - this is all in good fun! I’m stayin’ the he11 out of any EV discussions, LOL
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Ummm....
    The U.S. Senate on Tuesday passed legislation that would make daylight saving time permanent starting in 2023
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Retired. Doesn't matter to me much. Just odd this suddenly became a big deal.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,937
    Options
    People have been complaining about the time changes for years. I hate them, so I’ll be glad to see them go, if they do go.

Industries that benefit from daylight at certain times can always shift their schedules regardless of what the official time is. 🤷‍♂️
    Alea jacta est!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I have noticed the stereo sounds better after the sun sets, the air cools down, and people go inside.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    Does anybody really know what time it is?
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    Does anybody really know what time it is?

"Does anybody really care"?
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,937
    Options
    🥂 It’s always five o’ clock somewhere! 🕔
    Alea jacta est!
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Time to rock baby!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Maybe a slow melody.

Alan Parson's "Time"

https://youtu.be/oG8mjfB3648

Then there's the Pink Floyd version. :)

https://youtu.be/tEJcX3EWXDA
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    It's 4:03 PM MST
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,688
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    Maybe a slow melody.

Alan Parson's "Time"

Then there's the Pink Floyd version. :)

Both produced by the same person. :p
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Time is Nature's way of keeping everything from happening all at once.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    edited March 2022
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I have noticed the stereo sounds better after the sun sets, the air cools down, and people go inside.

I noticed your stereo sounds better after you've gone to bed.....🙃
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Have you tried his rig with something other than death metal?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Have you tried his rig with something other than death metal?

Conway Twitty.....
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,272
    edited March 2022
    Options
    DST is fine but CCT is finer.
    Chambers Cosmic Time where you're always 1 hour ahead of what is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CsBwBct0_5U

Any time measurement without appropriate cowbell ......does it really matter ?
    🤔😱🤯
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    j3z4q3gdzf0x.png

more proof of... aliens.

:|