Linlai E 6sn7 tubes

Options
TEAforONE
TEAforONE Posts: 1,002
edited February 2022 in 2 Channel Audio
I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a pair of these for my preamp. I know that I can’t have someone tell me what I will hear,however just wondering if any of you folks have them,or heard them? If so,what are your impressions?
3dfs5lwg0txw.png
See my profile for list of gear.

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Was looking at those a couple weeks ago

...as for impressions ....waiting on you
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • TEAforONE
    Options
    I’ve heard that Don Sachs does use these on his preamps. That,I believe is pretty high praise. His pre’s always get great reviews.
  • TEAforONE
    Options
    I just ordered a pair. Now for the long wait……
  • TEAforONE
    Options
    b9razv9fmgr9.jpeg
    ks4cjrbifxxu.jpeg
    I received these this morning. The burn in has begun. I was told they need 50-100 hours to settle in. I’m at about 5 hours at this point. I have only listened for about 5 minutes.
  • TEAforONE
    Options
    I now have about 25 hours on the Linlai’s. At first listen,they were very dark and closed in. Today they are really starting to open up across the board. Very promising thus far.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    I wouldn’t mind trying those in my Cary..
  • TEAforONE
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t mind trying those in my Cary..

These tubes are rather large. Make sure you have enough room if going side by side.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,276
    Options
    Cool looking tubes. Too bad they don't make them new globe style tubes like the old ones with no mica spacers, although the mica spacers do make them a little more durable for shipping.
  • TEAforONE
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I’ve only been playing with tubes for about 6-7 years. I have never seen tubes packed as well as the Linlai’s. The second pic in the fourth post was the box they came in. There were also foam silhouettes over the tubes as well as bubble wrap around the gift box,between outer shipping box.
    I originally had my eye on the Psvane blue globes, and then the Linlai’s were suggested.
  • invalid
    Options
    How are these tubes sounding so far?
  • TEAforONE
    Options
    invalid wrote: »
    How are these tubes sounding so far?

I’m at the 95 hour point. I’ve been on vacation this week,so I’ve had them running every minute I was awake. They sound REALLY good. So,I shut the system down,popped in my KenRad black glass,and played a few songs. I was impressed the way the Linlai’s sounded a bit bigger. Fuller bodied, cleaner,more focused,and wider soundstage than the KR’s. I’m not saying the KR’s aren’t great tubes. They are. However at this point the nod goes to Linlai. That also goes with the usual disclaimer,my room,my gear and my ears. Compared to prices of NOS 6SN7 tubes, I’m very happy with my purchase. I guess the only unanswered question is durability. I will be finding that out as I go forward.
    They are HUGE!
    dp78ankq6q7a.jpeg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Wow, that is a big tube. Thank you for your thoughts, and pic showing comparison

Hope they bring you great pleasure
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • invalid
    Options
    taoi4445pht4.png
    Just ordered a pair of Linlai 6sn7 T tubes, they are the tennis ball style.
  • TEAforONE
    Options
    invalid wrote: »
    taoi4445pht4.png
    Just ordered a pair of Linlai 6sn7 T tubes, they are the tennis ball style.

Keep us posted on your impressions. I have tried the Psvane blue globe 6SN7. I’m impressed,but the nod goes to the Linlai’s.
  • invalid
    Options
    I'll definitely post my impressions of this tube and the Linlai elite 6sl7 tubes I already have in my preamp. The Linlai 6sn7 T tubes are going in my dac, hopefully I can get the SPDIF working before they arrive. I ordered the 6sl7 elite tubes, and while I was waiting for them to arrive the SPDIF light started flickering and sounding strange, then nothing. I never got to listen to the elite tubes with my dac in the chain, so I haven't posted any listening impressions yet.