No audio-related purchases for a year

Options

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    The problem with people leaving California is they will vote the same way they did there, and create another P00P Hole somewhere else, Calirado is headed down the same path...

Edit: Most people.

If you don't believe him ask any native Oregonian...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Well, I already botched this. Absolutely pathetic.

You honestly made it Longer than I expected. ;)
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    When you hit 10,000 posts, you have to celebrate. :pB)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    The problem with most people leaving California Or South American Countries is they will vote the same way they did there, and create another P00P Hole somewhere else, Calirado is headed down the same path . . .

. . . . and every other state the far left moves to!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,596
    Options
    Less political stuff, more making fun of me for not even making it a month.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Less political stuff, more making fun of me for not even making it a month.

Well you did say you were going to be a professional cheese cow milker once you move to Wisconsin...
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,513
    Options
    I see that you chose a neutral color for the KEFs. Will you be reviewing them here or elsewhere?
  • Clipdat
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Well you did say you were going to be a professional cheese cow milker once you move to Wisconsin...

I have actually milked a cow before on a school field trip when I was a kid.
    maxward wrote: »
    I see that you chose a neutral color for the KEFs. Will you be reviewing them here or elsewhere?

Not sure yet! But yeah, maybe I should formally review them even though they've already been covered extensively.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I have a 5-way speaker cable shootout review I need to type up and post here. Have all the notes from when I compared them back in Sep/Oct.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I have actually milked a cow before on a school field trip when I was a kid.

Did that every morning for years.

• Clipdat
    Options
    Every morning, huh? So that's what you call it? "Milking the cow"???
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    Options
    Drew, Meta 50's?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Clipdat
    Options
  • erniejade
    Options
    Having owned the 50 and 50w ( i felt the w powered version sounded better), I am really interested in your opinion of the Meta version.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    Options
    kef-ls50meta-titanium-grey-uniq.jpg

The former social media site known as Facebook LS50s?
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • DividedSky
    Options
    @Clipdat I am in the same boat as you. My wife rolls her eyes when new gear shows up to our house. There must be a 12 step program? 😬
    Primary: Doshi V3.0 pre and phonostage, Vandersteen M5-HPA, Vandersteen Quatro CT, AMG viella, Goldfinger Statement, AQ Niagara 5000, AQ IC and power cords, Mapleshade Samson V.5

Secondary: Nakamichi PA7, Nak CA5, Polk LS90, Sota Sapphire, Sumiko MDC800, Van den hul Crimson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Maybe a 16-month program like the one I've been on. ;)

I think we're allowed to fall off the wagon once or twice per year. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • jbreezy5
    Options
    …The 12-step program to almost not being an audiophile.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • Clipdat
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Gonna work on getting them unboxed and hooked up tonight.

Will have to try not to compare them directly against my PMC twenty.22s with modded crossovers. I need to consciously realize that those are at a much different level and pricepoint.

By the way they are singing SO nicely these days on my Benchmark LA4 & AHB2 with the Vr3 anti-diffraction pads in place. Absolutely incredible.
  • jbreezy5
    Options
    Love the PMC twenty.22s

Sweet speakers, effortlessly listenable.

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Well since I've joined CP I've been buying everything in sight! Many room's at Verb's house has it's own unique rig, even both garages. I'm outta control, so no advice given from Verb!

Still trying to get my act together and unload some stuff I'm not using, share the love. Once the garage is finished, and moved in, I can start to finally do that!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    jbreezy5 wrote: »
    Love the PMC twenty.22s

Sweet speakers, effortlessly listenable.

Cool, I didn't know you'd heard them before. They're not too popular in the US.
  • jbreezy5
    Options
    There’s a place in IL called Rich’s Record Emporium. They have PMC on display.

• Clipdat
    Options
    Looks like a fun shop to visit!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,517
    Options
    Good luck with the sabbatical, I’ve found it comes in waves. I would say I have slowed down as I’ve settled in and as I’ve found units that just sound superb.

The fact that I kept my main speakers for 4 straight years was an accomplishment. I had no audio from 2007 to 2014... sad times.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I haven't bought anything for the stereo in over a year, maybe two. If the right things get released I probably will get them, but not sure if or when that will happen.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Drew,

My last audio purchase was at the beginning of the year when I got the VR-2's back from my brother.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Von Schweikert makes a hell of a speaker.
  • erniejade
    Options

I will need to check this place out next time I am around southern IL.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »

I will need to check this place out next time I am around southern IL.

It's around the corner from Worlds Largest Catsup Bottle
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a