No audio-related purchases for a year

Options
13»

Comments

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,997
    Options
    Well if one was to jump off the wagon you sure did it in style... those are incredible speakers!! 🎶🎶🎶 Enjoy
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Thanks man, been listening to them daily!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    lolol revisiting this "goal" of mine. Hilarious. Never gonna happen, not now, not ever.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Yeah, a certain guy on this forum who's name rhymes with the word "Drey" stated privately that he was done.

A friend of ours and I gave him much grief and he stated that...."no, I mean I am done, DONE!"

LOL

I haven't heard the latest rendition of his rig yet but I have to laugh when someone says that in this hobby.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,433
    Options
    I agree, yes. In Egypt, they call that De Nile.
    I disabled signatures.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    I’ve been done with my rig for years :D
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    I'm done with my rig for a stint. Not to say I'm done.....it's just on hold while I concentrate on the new room. That's definitely the one thing that's holding me back right now.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    I think as long as it is a hobby you can never technically be done
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    WTH?!?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    WTH?!?

Dude, you didn't understand that? I understood that perfectly. Well except the Led Zeppelin part. And what brand are the 100w speakers by the way? Kraco?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,433
    Options
    The takeaway for me was that McIntosh gear makes your music sound like band practice. That's good information.
    I disabled signatures.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    I'll take two thanks
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    The takeaway for me was that McIntosh gear makes your music sound like band practice. That's good information.

9t3abb0mxiue.png
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I think there should be a “say no the audio gear purchases anonymous” club somewhere!!

And make it National!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!