Legend L800 vs. SDA-SRS 1.2TL...

Options
124»

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Biggest weak links would be the iron core inductors in the main path of the midrange... I would guess there are 4 total counting the sda circuit

Next would be the sand cast resistors

Following the caps

That leaves the solder & the printed circuit board. ;)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    No, the match for the L200 was the L200 mundorf inductors... Oddly the same model number haha
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    John, if you are going to do it? Plan on doing it all and plan going external. Like, a large external. That's what we did with my Tyler's and it was more than worth the money and the wait. Plus, it's easier to swap out parts and really customize the sound to your liking/system/preferences.

It won't be cheap but the benefits are undeniable.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Sigfried
    Options
    Wow....purchasing $6000 speakers and feeling the itch to invest in $$$$ crossover mods already. Soooo glad i am currently, happily and ignorantly complacent listening to my 5jr's at my desktop at the moment. :) Bet they sound AMAZING!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    Crossovers won’t happen until after the warranty expires unless someone else goes first :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,480
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Did you register them? If memory serves the warranty is doubled if you do and will be 10 years!
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,925
    Options
    I would never let a warranty get in my way again, I did no upgrades to my Camaro till the warranty was up, when I did the upgrades I knew I would never worry about a warranty again, I so regretted waiting, and I never had an issue with the car before or after.

Anything you do to those speakers will be fixable..
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on