1 Year smoke free

Options
Bev & I celebrate 1 year of no smoking today. Both of our CT scans came back clear of any signs of cancer, which SHOCKS me with my 44yrs of smoking.

Moral of the story? It is NEVER too late to quit.
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2

Comments

• TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,002
    Options
    Congratulations!!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    I've been congratulations to both of you folks job well done!!
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    Options
    Good for you both Steve. Bet you both feel better daily & probably have more energy too. With all the savings I'm sure you have more $$$ for gear :)
    Randy/Maine
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,520
    Options
    You Da MAN! Good on you and the Mrs. too
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Congrats, smart move.

My father died of lung cancer. I always thought he would get it as much as he smoked.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Well done , that's a great accomplishment. 👍

Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    edited October 2021
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I bid congratulations to both of you folks job well done!!

Fixed it.
    I promise I wasn't drunk....

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Thanks guys, appreciate the support.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    That is really impressive Steve! A 44 yo habit has got to be incredibly difficult to break. Here’s to more years with Bev and the grandkids!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Congrats to you both. That's a very hard habit to break. Nicotine is a great stimulant and this country was mostly built by smokers.

I'm glad your lungs got you through those 44 years.

I learned long ago...your lungs will start to heal themselves the first day you quit smoking. Then with-in 7 years, your lungs will be like a non smokers IF no other conditions cause other damage.

I was scared of my first X-rays but I wanted to find out if my 40 years of smoking 1 1/2 packs of Marlboros a day did damage. I was LUCKY too.

I bought NICE rib-eye steaks every week for a year with that cig money I saved. Then I saved up and bought wood-working tools till I had all I needed.

You all know what I bought NEXT... :D

Congrats again! ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    Congrats!!! Wish I could get the wife to do the same..
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    Congrats! I'll be 5 years this December.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Congrats Steve and Bev! My pops smoked cigars and inhaled them. My mother smoked cigarettes. The FIL smoked all his life and the MIL, who did not smoke, ended up with emphysema from second hand smoke. Both dads didn't make it past their mid sixties.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    Good job! If health reasons weren't enough to convince me to quit, the price of cigs these days would.
    My mother quit cold turkey after about the same amount of time, she smoked menthol. We all thought the doctor gave her some bad news(we never thought she would quit) but turns out she just decided to do it. Wasn't easy but as you probably agree, was a good decision.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,473
    Options
    Good job!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • ADJ
    ADJ Posts: 46
    Options
    One of the hardest things to do and one of the best things to do. Congrats!
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    Options
    Congratulations, smoke free myself going 18 years. But don't let your guard down. When I first quit I went 2 entire years without a puff and then one night in Vegas I decided a few puffs from a cigar wouldn't kill me. Well a few puffs became one cigar on the weekends, then one a night and luckily I saw where I was heading and quit for good. Not a single puff of anything since then.

It took about 3 -4 years to move from the jeez I wish I could still smoke feeling to wondering why the heck I ever smoked. It is a long process but you are succeeding!
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Congratulations Steve, as a smoker for at least 42 years and have been smoke free for over 11 years, I can appreciate the effort you and Bev have put forward. BRAVO
  • CottageChz
    Options
    Good for you man, keep it up!
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    Congratulations! 16 years for my wife and I ! Good move !
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    That's so awesome! I know it was tough, and still is, but you did it! Way to go Steve!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.