Need help reviving my Omni 6

Hello,
I have (2) Omni 6 speakers that worked great for 2 years after the initial pain of setting up.
After a recent power outage, it took a couple hours to get one of the speakers working again. The Setup light would flash and the front lights would blink orange and white on power up. I tried all kinds of techniques holding all the buttons on power up to reset.
I downloaded the firmware files to a USB drive. Even tried with a USB network dongle.
The speaker would only show up on wifi for approx 30 seconds, so connecting via the app took many tries, but i finally got it working.

My second Omni fell off my network after another power outage. The Setup light was flashing, so I tried the same. Holding Setup or Volume + or - or pause. USB network wouldnt work. It also appeared in wifi for too short time to setup.

I powered on with FAT32 formatted USB drive with firmware in the back slot.
Now, the setup light wont appear. It goes through a cycle every minute where the USB drive flashes a second and same time orange light appears in the front. Then a flash of white. Setup never turns on.

I never got an answer on how to factory reset my Polk. Is there a sequence of buttons to push on power on to factory reset and get the new firmware loaded? Vol +, pause, - or setup?

Is it possible after 2 years an internal battery is dead causing these issues after disconnecting from power?
Thank you.

Comments

• The best source of information would be to contact Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com and explain what's happening.
  • У меня похожая проблема, только она появилась после обновления прошивки, динамик постоянно перезагружается, желтый индикатор мигает три раза не успевая подключится к сети. Не знаю как сбросить к заводским настройкам
  • Translation:

I have a similar problem, only it appeared after updating the firmware, the speaker constantly reboots, the yellow indicator blinks three times without having time to connect to the network. Don't know how to reset to factory settings
  • Где вы живете?

Translation:
    Where are you living?
  • Я попрошу тебя.

Translation:
    I will ask for you.
  • Here is the contact for Polk in Ukraine:

Вот контакт для Polk в Украине:
    UKRAINE
    Music Hall Company
    7, Druhzby Narodov blv., 01042, Kyiv

TEL: +38 044 5319 763

E-Mail: music@hi-fi.com.ua<mailto:music@hi-fi.com.ua>

URL:http://www.hi-fi.com.ua/
  • Here is the contact for Polk in Ukraine:

Вот контакт для Polk в Украине:
    UKRAINE
    Music Hall Company
    7, Druhzby Narodov blv., 01042, Kyiv

TEL: +38 044 5319 763

E-Mail: music@hi-fi.com.ua<mailto:music@hi-fi.com.ua>

URL:http://www.hi-fi.com.ua/

thank you very much))
  • SeafleaXT
    SeafleaXT Posts: 4
    edited September 2021
    Has anyone received any information on this problem? I have the same problem and I'm getting nothing from Polk on this. I have 3 S6 speakers and one Omni SB1 plus sound bar out of commission since their last update early September.
  • Send an email to Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com
  • SeafleaXT wrote: »
    Has anyone received any information on this problem? I have the same problem and I'm getting nothing from Polk on this. I have 3 S6 speakers and one Omni SB1 plus sound bar out of commission since their last update early September.

Did you manage to solve the problem?
  • gigi44
    gigi44 Posts: 3
    Hello,

Since the last update (provide by the PlayFi app), my 6 Polk S6 stop working.
    They reboot every 30 seconds.

What can i Do ?
    DO you know where i can found last firmware (or previous one ? )

Thanks
  • gigi44 wrote: »
    Hello,

Since the last update (provide by the PlayFi app), my 6 Polk S6 stop working.
    They reboot every 30 seconds.

What can i Do ?
    DO you know where i can found last firmware (or previous one ? )

Thanks

I have the same problem, I can't solve anything for more than a month.
  • This is a problem with the update itself. I got this answer from Polk: We are currently working with Play-Fi to fix the update issue. We will contact you as soon as we have a solution to this problem and we are testing a new firmware that will hopefully fix the problem from the recent Playfi update. We are sorry for the inconvenience, we are working with Playfi on this issue and hope to find a solution soon
  • Gelo
    Gelo Posts: 8
    Same here. I have a S6.
    @Sergey777 , thank you for sharing this info.
    Waiting for this new firmware.
  • Gelo
    Hey guys! @vinfurnier shared in https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/194953/polk-omni-s6-firmware-update-problem#latest. It is a MCU update. Kim Jasper (kim.jasper@soundunited.com) can provide the files. If the serial number is up to 3087 we have to use the SUPK021, else we use the SUPK121.
    The instructions are:
    1. Using any FAT32 formatted USB stick, unzip the corresponding .zip file onto the USB stick. (So the stick should contain no folders, just 4 files, 3 .bin files and 1 manifest file).
    2. Unplug the power to the S6.
    3. Plug in the USB stick into the USB port on the back of the S6.
    4. While holding the “WiFi Setup” button (on the back) plug in the power and continue holding until the white LED on the front of the speaker is solid, once this is on you may release the button.
    5. Once that is finished updating, the white LED on the front will remain solid. This is where you can remove the USB stick from the speaker.
    6. The orange LED on the front will now flash a few times, go solid, and then eventually go off. The unit will reset and the MCU version is now updated.

After this update the speaker come back to live.

Below, I'll translate this issue and the solution to help more people.

Problema: Polk Omni S6 reiniciando constantemente ou não conectando ao wifi. Em alguns casos piscando a luz laranja três vezes.

A solução é uma atualização de MCU. É necessário entrar em contato com kim.jasper@soundunited.com para conseguir os arquivos. Se o número serial da caixa for menor que 3087 é necessário usar o arquivo SPUK021, caso contrário usar o SPUK121.
    As instruções para a atualização:
    1. Usar um pendrive formatado como FAT32 (a maioria já está assim), descompactar o arquivo zip no pendrive. (o pendrive não deve conter nada além dos arquivos, nenhuma pasta também)
    2. Desligar a S6 da tomada.
    3. Colocar o pendrive na porta USB na parte traseira da S6.
    4. Segurar o botão "wifi setup" (na parte traseira) e ligar na tomada enquanto permanece segurando o botão. Aguardar o LED branco na frente da caixa parar de piscar e ficar aceso direto. Nesse momento, pode soltar o botão.
    5. Quando a atualização terminar, o LED branco na frente ficará aceso direto. Nesse momento poderá remover o pendrive da caixa.
    6. O LED laranja na frente da caixa piscará algumas vezes, ficará aceso direto até desligar sozinho. Agora a caixa reinicializará e a MCU estará atualizada.

Agora a caixa voltará a funcionar normalmente.
  • I have the same issue, where I can found this files?
  • Gelo
    Kim Jasper (kim.jasper@soundunited.com) can provide the files.