Coming soon!

Options
Dun...dun...dun

nhj6jcea6jqq.jpg
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    Options
    Weighing in at slightly less than his car.....a whopping 400 pounds each.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    NICE

Are those the ones your Dad had? (or is my mind turning to jello)
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Thanks Troy!

He had the 2nd gen, my wallet is no where close to extending that far, my wife would also kill me.

These are the first Gen from 98
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Is it true what they say, that bigger is better?
  • treitz3
    Options
    No. Full range is better.....done right. Trey has the know how to getter'done!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Options
    Yep I'm gutting my current speakers to house the future crossover networks 🔥🔥🔥🔥🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • pearsall001
    Options
    Nice!!! Can't wait to hear how they sound after you perform your magical surgery on them.👍
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    Thread officially hijacked😂🤣
  • treitz3
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Yep I'm gutting my current speakers to house the future crossover networks
    Come again? You mean you are clearing out a closet or two for the new upgraded crossovers? Did I get that right?

Keep the wife and kid. Work around them for the system. That's my advice. Take it or leave it bro'.

Tom

• VR3
    edited September 2021
    Options
    You know Im totally kidding... the current crossovers are mounted in an enclosure on the back... I believe* there is enough room for upgrades to fit within this space
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Well with caps the size of 5 gallon buckets I would expect no less!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,002
    Options
    Wow! They’re beauties! I would never be able to appreciate big full range speakers like that in my tiny listening room. Unless I sat on top of them. Not to sound ignorant, but are those Sonus Fabers?
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • Clipdat
    edited September 2021
    Options
  • Clipdat
    edited September 2021
    Options
    It's the speaker equivalent of ordering a super burrito instead of a regular burrito.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,002
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

Yes,Focal! Thanks. They are absolutely gorgeous!

See my profile for list of gear.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    Not my idea of gorgeous, FWIW -- but, as always, de gustibus non est disputandum. :#
  • VR3
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hehe

Thanks guys.

The aestehtic is similar to my mezzo... But on a.... Grander... Scale 😜

I would say since my audio journey began, the grande utopia and the Wilson x2 was on a short list.

Hard to turn down a good deal that's within reasonable driving distance 🚀🚀🚀
  • treitz3
    Options
    "Reasonable"? LOL

Tom
  • VR3
    Options
    With toll roads it's only like... 15 hours round trip? That's nothing. The farthest I've gone is 18 hours round trip
  • treitz3
    Options
    I guess I shouldn't talk. A 22 hour round trip was my longest pick up. Sold the speakers 2 weeks later.

DOH!

Tom
  • VR3
    Options
    22 is a drive!
  • treitz3
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Actually, come to think of it....I did the same 22 hour round trip drive for the speakers I currently have (even though it was supposed to be a 17 hour round trip ride). That's when I met Ty, toured his factory (new and old) and picked up the Lynbrooks. The "actual" drive was longer on that one due to traffic and construction along the way. I remember 'cause me bum was sore when I got back.

Buy your wife a purse while you are up there!

Tom
  • VR3
    Options
    Your Tyler saga is definitely one for the books, that's for sure.
  • VR3
    Options
    hy7csqk223y8.jpg
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    Nice! But one well aimed toy is going to ruin your day...
  • VR3
    edited September 2021
    Options

Thank you!

Those foam enclosures you see laying on the floor is covering them for right now until I can get some covers made... But true that!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Love the acoustic panels... ;)
    qqwikve0sfcr.png
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    Options
    Ties the room together!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    That's not really a play pen is it. I'm betting some kind of sex chamber
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus