Polk L800 amplifier

Options
13»

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,040
    Options
    I'm thinking 19 ft
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    Options
    So, for me it really comes down to which I want in my system more since the amp I've settled on is this. It appears it won't play nice with the L800's.

It's a real conundrum as I want the L800's but will most likely have to settle for the L700's because of amp choice and I really don't think I have the room to fully explore what the L800's are truly capable of.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    So, for me it really comes down to which I want in my system more since the amp I've settled on is this. It appears it won't play nice with the L800's.

It's a real conundrum as I want the L800's but will most likely have to settle for the L700's because of amp choice and I really don't think I have the room to fully explore what the L800's are truly capable of.

H9

Why not?
  • heiney9
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    heiney9 wrote: »

H9

Why not?

Maybe it will now that I reread the home theater hi fi review. It's single ended so I'm thinking it might work. https://hometheaterhifi-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/amplifier/integrated-amplifiers/pass-labs-int-25-integrated-amplifier-review/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#amp_tf=From %1$s&aoh=16553037762613&referrer=https://www.google.com&ampshare=https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/amplifier/integrated-amplifiers/pass-labs-int-25-integrated-amplifier-review/
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Dual differential balanced IIRC is the topology that will not play nice.
    That one should work.
  • heiney9
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Dual differential balanced IIRC is the topology that will not play nice.
    That one should work.

Thanks Ivan. I am so used to modern Pass amps not being compatible with SDA unless one has the dreadnought, so I didn't look that closely. Still doesn't solve my problem of not having enough space to properly set up the L800. Only thing that will solve that is moving...lol