All Mantis's Fault......car related

Options
Prices are quite low right now so we bought a retirement gift :)588oiof8yzc1.jpg
3yhb1p3yqmbk.jpg
8oovkfogach2.jpg

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Love this car in octane red. Congrats!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    so does the shaker scoop work?
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    Love this car in octane red. Congrats!

thank you
  • NotaSuv
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    so does the shaker scoop work?

From a Dodge forum

Actually it is about as functional as the original shaker from the 70s. Cold air is forced into the air filter chamber, just like it was in my 1971. The main difference is that the TB is on the front of the engine instead of the carbs on top as it was back then. My first time with one so time shall tell it dies have a massive CAI under the hood
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Nice so many are just for show anymore.
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Sharp looking car! Saw a vid. on the new Grand Wagoneer, that thing is just crazy with technology. The Macintosh system looks really cool in it.
  • NotaSuv
    Options
    Its amazing how far tech stuff has gone....
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Nice ride! Thanks for sharing. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,932
    Options
    But... 🤔

... are you even retiring, or did you just buy it as a retirement gift without retiring?! 😂

Congratulations & enjoy!
    Alea jacta est!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    It's purdy! Love the new challenger.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    Nice. Muscle cars rule.

887fdi6za3cl.jpg
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • cincycat13
    Options
    wow that is a pretty car. hope i can find one similar when i retire.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    Options
    Congrats!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    It's probably on his plate
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Love it, beautiful car.
    The Shaker is a car I almost purchased myself. If it didn't have the hood pins , we would have the same car just different color. Congrats man , life is real nice with a 392. Make sure you review your owners manual on break in. The first 500 miles you have to follow the guides. I sweated the entire time but it's well worth breaking it in correctly.

Also be very careful with those tires man, they will get out from behind you easily. The low end torque is unreal and IMO can be very dangerous in normal conditions. I'm use to being able to press on the pedal to get moving like in a left hand turn, you now have to feather the throttle or do a burnout you will.

Don't bother with 0-60 times once your 500 miles are up. You will spin the tires to the point of being pointless. I'm getting bigger tires but I love the wheels. I have a deal with a guy who has a Dynamics package who upgraded to Hellcat Wheels. They are the 1320 Drag wheels. I'm gonna grab them.

Whatever you need to know about the car , break in , catch cans etc. I've been doing my homework for months now and joined 2 forums 1 for Challengers and one for Chargers.

WELCOME TO THE BROTHERHOOD OOF MUSCLE !!!!

Here is the one I was gonna buy.

4hsrgpnb562m.jpeg
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • NotaSuv
    Options
    I actually like it more than my hellcat....power band is much more controllable..the cat had a very loose rear end........mine didnt have the hood pins which i dont like either dealer had 60+ challengers on the lot...i joined a few forums a few years ago and read them daily.....yes breakin correctly is key..had lil old ladies passing me today lol

• NotaSuv
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    But... 🤔

... are you even retiring, or did you just buy it as a retirement gift without retiring?! 😂

Congratulations & enjoy!

I will go back to work at some time but very part time......this virus thingie has really put a damper on travelling plans.....really missing the grand kids, my kids and parents

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Nice looking car! We all are missing family and friends. Looking forward to road trips, or is this a local car?
  • NotaSuv
    Options
    road trips and local tracks...really want to get back to track in west palm beach....had many a fun day there...local track is garbage ..very sketchy at best
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Beautiful! Love the color.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • NotaSuv
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Beautiful! Love the color.

thanks
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Beautiful and I love the sound of the engine.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,876
    Options
    Congrats on the new car but it sure is not my cup of tea, I wouldn't even look twice at it if it drove past me.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,475
    Options
    As a Mach1 owner I have always loved Shaker scoops. I have always loved the Challenger look especially with the Shaker scoop. Very nice!!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    machone wrote: »
    As a Mach1 owner I have always loved Shaker scoops. I have always loved the Challenger look especially with the Shaker scoop. Very nice!!

Especially the Road Runners that popped up out of the hood. Those air grabbers gobbled up the air.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    Congrats on the new car but it sure is not my cup of tea, I wouldn't even look twice at it if it drove past me.
    You must not be a Muscle car guy or even a car guy. Just about all car guys like the Challenger.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Options
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    ...really want to get back to track in west palm beach....
    So will you take this on the road course or the drag strip? I ask because I’ve attended a few HPDE days at the West Palm track road course, plan on continuing once they open the schedule, and thought I’d look for you there. It’s a fun track.

Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • NotaSuv
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Drags....its a fantastic strip, the only drag strip that was better was the Charlotte track where you can run 4 wide :) the kart track at PBIR is a lot fun as well....never did the road course..but watched many an exotic challenge it
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,876
    Options
    mantis wrote: »
    Willow wrote: »
    You must not be a Muscle car guy or even a car guy. Just about all car guys like the Challenger.

I like cars but muscle cars do nothing for me unless they are from the good ole days.