My new Rosso Fiesole’s

2»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I didn’t say I wanted to buy the stands, only that I’d like to have a pair😁. I could probably buy the Volterra by the time I paid for those stands.

Oh like the winning powerball/maga lottery ticket... In that case I'll take 4
    🤣
  • bem
    bem Posts: 102
    PSOVLSK
    Great review and great thread on these speakers. I’m just curious as to the room size that you are have and also where the speakers are relative to the room walls.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    edited January 2021
    Here’s a crude drawing of my room. Upstairs room with wood floors. 8’ ceiling, though the wall by the daybed is only 5’ tall. I have sound panels behind the speakers, on the wall with the window, and on the wall by the daybed.

I’ve played with moving the speakers closer and farther from the back wall and I could never tell much difference. Ended up with them about 1.5’ from the back wall. Left speaker is about 2.5’ from side wall. Speakers are about 7’ apart and I sit about 8’ away.

ag5xfyzbc9xf.jpg

Post edited by PSOVLSK on
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    take a look at these, get skip to quote you a price. how much are the fiesole stands?
    https://www.usheraudio.com.tw/portfolio-item/rws-500/
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • PSOVLSK
    edited January 2021
    I like those Usher stands. I can’t remember how much the Fiesole stands are, but they ain’t cheap. I’ll have to roll with what I’ve got until I can replenish the audio funds. Right now the speakers sound so good I don’t realize what I’m missing anyway😁

Josh, we posted at about the same time. I’ve heard good things about the Skylan. I like the looks and the prices aren’t insane.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • marvda1 wrote: »
    take a look at these, get skip to quote you a price. how much are the fiesole stands?

Those are some really nice looking stands.
  • marvda1
    i was thinking about getting a pair, but the ones above them are $550 so they may be in the $300 to $400 range.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    w5x1bn4rww18.jpg
    jumpindick wrote: »
    marvda1 wrote: »

Here to testify that the Usher stands are amazing ..so are their speakers!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    w5x1bn4rww18.jpg
    jumpindick wrote: »

Here to testify that the Usher stands are amazing ..so are their speakers!

Those stands look familiar!
  • bem
    bem Posts: 102
    Here’s a crude drawing of my room. Upstairs room with wood floors. 8’ ceiling, though the wall by the daybed is only 5’ tall. I have sound panels behind the speakers, on the wall with the window, and on the wall by the daybed.

I’ve played with moving the speakers closer and farther from the back wall and I could never tell much difference. Ended up with them about 1.5’ from the back wall. Left speaker is about 2.5’ from side wall. Speakers are about 7’ apart and I sit about 8’ away.

ag5xfyzbc9xf.jpg

Thanks for the detailed room drawing. Congratulations on a great pair of speakers!
    Enjoy.
  • marvda1
    edited January 2021
    @PSOVLSK Try Roger Waters' Amused to Death.
    Post edited by marvda1 on
    Puritan PSM156
  • PSOVLSK
    @PSOVLSK Try Roger Waters' Amused to Death.

I have, though not all the way through. I remember listening to it at your place and the wood chopping at the beginning sounded like someone was putting a sledge hammer to the center of the wall behind the speakers. I think at the time you had the Belles pre- with your MD2’s. Seems like you had an Usher amp, but I don’t think it was the one you were using at the time.
  • marvda1
    i had an usher amp and consonance tube mono blocks.
    Puritan PSM156
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Congrats, @PSOVLSK . Sounds like you made a great choice. That's a speaker I'd really love to hear. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    They are definitely intriguing speakers. Enjoy!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • PSOVLSK
    edited January 2021
    I’ve been out of town since Tuesday so it’s nice to be back home listening tonight. Current selection: Have a Cigar.

Also playing around with speaker placement, toe-in, listening position, etc. I may post my findings at a later time.
    Post edited by PSOVLSK on
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    I’ve been out of town since Tuesday so it’s nice to be back home listening tonight. Current selection: Have a Cigar.

Also playing around with speaker placement, toe-in, listening position, etc. I may post my findings at a later time.

I know that excitement! I know too well when you land that “Just Right” speaker it’s a great feeling to just fire em up and enjoy! I knew when I first fired up my Magic Flutes I was in for something special! I hope these new babies keep a smile in your ears for years to come ! 🥂
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!