RD0 Billet Faceplate Upgrade

Options
124»

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    That is true, but you COULD be introducing an uneven compressabilty around dome perimeter that you need to look out for. Those 4 new areas of plastic that will now reside between adjacent bosses could resonate. Hopefully not since it is only .010" thick. Just an FYI
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • xschop
    Options
    Hey @Toolfan66, don't know who has that crafty polishing tool, but I don't need it and appreciate the offer sending it out.

I got another personal set of modded RDO plates programmed on CNC with their new radius to try in the XS-TL's...

If they exibit the off-axis response like the Dayton plates do, then Ill swap the RDOs back in....

y0r6qcpbwils.jpg

j69fyhb2zejm.jpg

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    Rob stupid question, why can you not polish them while on the lathe?
  • xschop
    edited July 2023
    Options
    My phalanges are invaluable. I now have a diamond tip insert that is producing the rainbow sheen there. So this next batch will be as close as you can get to a Scotchbrite finish.😉

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,928
    Options
    The tool was sent back to me, I have new scotch pads with it ready go when you’re done making these beautiful faceplates to whoever wants to use it..
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    I thought I read in passing on one post that it takes a while? I could be making that up. In fact, it's likely.
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    What takes a while?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xschop
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    What takes a while?

Trying to find a vintage set of Polks that don't look like they've been used for target practice.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    edited July 2023
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    What takes a while?

Nevermind; I misremembered when Rob said it was his fingers that were the reason for post-polishing. That was in response to Ivan's question, but my post was hit with the Vanilla Time Drift.

Same thing that happened to the USS Nimitz. They made a documentary about it.
    63jbaj4rcven.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • xschop
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    I thought I read in passing on one post that it takes a while? I could be making that up. In fact, it's likely.

'Fraid of a little elbow grease? There's always black paint too...

bharb6daxa9w.jpg