Anyone had any experience with a Marantz NA6006 Network Audio Player vs Bluesound NODE 2i?

Milito
Milito Posts: 1,908
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a Marantz NA6006 Network Audio Player vs Bluesound NODE 2i?
Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    As big as a Marantz fan as I am, I would choose the Node 2i myself for a streamer between the two.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Milito
    Why do you say that, have you heard both of them?

Not saying you are wrong, just curious why.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I had a NA6005 and returned it. It sounded good but it didn't play many of the files that I have even thought the specs said that it would. I would imagine the 6006 is an improvement. Don't know the Node.
  • gudnoyez
    I have a friend that had that Marantz he didnt keep it long and ended up with a Bluesound Vault. Only Piece of Marantz equipment I didnt like.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• Milito
    edited May 2020
    OK, thanks.

From what I have read, the 6006 is an improvement over the 6005. I read a review of a person who had both.

I had read some reviews on the node and some liked it and others didn't like the way it sounded.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    The Node 2 is a nice player well built and sounds great. I have not messed around with the Marantz. The best way to really decide on one of these streamers is to look over compatibility with what you want to use and go that route.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 675
    Or you could spend a tad more and get a Cambridge CXN.....
    Would blow both of the others away ...

Bk
    Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM
  • gudnoyez
    edited May 2020
    gyosa wrote: »
    Or you could spend a tad more and get a Cambridge CXN.....
    Would blow both of the others away ...

Bk

Yet the OP didn't put the Cambridge CXN into the equation, the ones I've heard sound to sterile and clinical. If he was to spend what the CXN costs it is discounted l beleive, then he might as well spend a little more and get an Auralic and call it a day.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Milito
    Thanks for the opinions, but the others aren't in the budget at this time.
  • gudnoyez
    edited May 2020
    Milito wrote: »
    Thanks for the opinions, but the others aren't in the budget at this time.

I would grab that Bluesound 2i if you have a separate Dac that's better, then good for you, if not the onboard Dac is good enough for the price plus if you stream Tidal its MQA compatible. Try it out it would be easy to sell should it not suit your needs.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• Milito
    edited May 2020
    OK, I don't have a separate Dac.

I have also read some comments about Cambridge CXN sounding to sterile and clinical. I haven't heard one.

I haven't decided if I'm going to get the Bluesound or wait awhile and maybe see what's available in the used market.

I also haven't tried to sell my B&K Ref 4420 or Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp yet.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Take a close look at the control apps of the players that you are considering. There are major differences in terms of how intuitive their UI is, etc. HEOS, BluOS, and Cambridge Stream Magic would be the three to compare.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,271
    My friend had a heos and bought a bluesound to replace it, the bluesound sounded way better than the heos. Both his and my bluesound node 2 both have problems with the app not working locking up. You pick a song sometimes and it takes about 20 seconds or more fore it to play, sometimes I have to exit the app several times to get it to work. Hopefully the 2I is better.
  • Milito
    edited May 2020
    Ordered the Bluesound node 2i and will get an better Dac later.