Mobile/Full Site Issue

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    I'm having the issue. Mobile and full site are the same.

I'm also not an idiot and far, far beyond a mere user.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Jstas wrote: »
    I'm having the issue. Mobile and full site are the same.

I'm also not an idiot and far, far beyond a mere user.

John, please contact Vanilla and tell them how to fix their crap because this is BS!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    Pfft! Yeah, like they'll listen to me!

They probably run everything on Macs.

Stupid wind-up, Fisher Price, My First Computer garbage.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    It would be nice if they could just simply give us a "Recent Posts" option. Right now on mobile, you have to go to each section of the forum.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    I have just been informed that Vanilla has seen the problem and are working on a fix.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    Thanks Jeese and to the others that are working on it. Much appreciated.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    treitz3 wrote: »
    It would be nice if they could just simply give us a "Recent Posts" option. Right now on mobile, you have to go to each section of the forum.
    Tom
    Hey Tom, do you see the hamburger icon at the top left? Just hit that and choose Recent Discussions
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    It would be nice if they could just simply give us a "Recent Posts" option.

They already do. Hit the three horizontal bars in the upper left hand corner and you'll see it:

zugivlhl6i4w.jpg
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Thanks for updates on fix. I hope they can fix it soon. I'm not liking this.... How do you start a new thread now ? .... Also I called Polk today & they still have RD 0198-1 tweeters. A friend called me up & said he was gifted a pair of RTA15's. It was nice to hear they still have many in stock still :)
    Randy/Maine
  • treitz3
    msg wrote: »
    Tom
    Hey Tom, do you see the hamburger icon at the top left? Just hit that and choose Recent Discussions

Well now, don't I feel like the donkey. All this time I have looked on mobile and hit the hamburger? I always go down to full site. Never really looked at the rest of the options. DOH!

Thank you Scott.

Tom
  • msg
    I think I see what you guys are doing now, possibly differently than the others. When I tried to switch to Full Site from within the Vanilla mobile experience, it doesn't switch for me either. However, I've been using the "Desktop Site" feature in my phone's web browser. Using it that option it switches easily between the mobile and desktop experience.
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    Scott, you're a genius. So, every time I open the forum I'll have to click on "Desktop Site" on my phone's browser to get the full site until Vanilla fixes the problem at their end. I can live with that.

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    Heck I never even knew I had the desk top icon in my browser. It just happened to be two pages down in the settings. Yep it works!
  • msg
    edited May 2020
    Hehe, glad that helped B)
    Here are a couple of screenshots to explain further for any other users affected.
    • On the left is a screenshot of the Vanilla "Full Site" option (hit the "hamburger" to get here)
    • On the right is a screenshot of the Browser's option for "Desktop Site" (hit your browser's menu icon to get to some version of this for whichever browser you're using)

kcdt3p9fx76x.png

p9sbnm5y9z92.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    It's fantastic to be back on the full site. For the life of me I can't imagine why anyone would want to use that horrible mobile site.

President of Club Polk

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I think I see what you guys are doing now, possibly differently than the others. When I tried to switch to Full Site from within the Vanilla mobile experience, it doesn't switch for me either. However, I've been using the "Desktop Site" feature in my phone's web browser. Using it that option it switches easily between the mobile and desktop experience.

Duh, thats why he gets the big IT bucks. That’s what I’ve been doing all along and wondered what was wrong with the rest of u 😂
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Can someone send me the link. All I can get is the mobile app.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Scott is a genius it works instead of Hamburger three dots and desktop it works!!!!This site is so Vanilla.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    If using chrome push the three little dots in the booth right corner to get the desktop request...

49xaih828bzz.png
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • vmaxer
    Using iPhone Safari
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2
    vmaxer wrote: »
    Using iPhone Safari

Just go ahead and smash that one Billy :D
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    I have the hamburger but no little dots. Damn.
    Glad I bought a new iPhone.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited May 2020
    Okkkkk. I now know what hamburger that is being talked about here. I was literally looking for a hamburger & figured I was left out :)
    Randy/Maine
  • msg
    Hey you guys on iPhones using Safari, try this:
    In the upper left corner, tap the AAs, then tap Request Desktop Website.

nkraaa1tl35m.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Thanks that did it!
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • msg
    Good job, Harry B)
    I disabled signatures.
  • vmaxer
    Hey you guys on iPhones using Safari, try this:
    In the upper left corner, tap the AAs, then tap Request Desktop Website.

nkraaa1tl35m.png

This fixed my issue. I can now run either
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • F1nut
    I still have to hit Desktop Site every time and cannot switch between it and mobile.

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    F1nut wrote: »
    I still have to hit Desktop Site every time and cannot switch between it and mobile.

No you need to go back and hit mobile in your browser. Same thing I must do
  • F1nut
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

No you need to go back and hit mobile in your browser. Same thing I must do

I'm taking about switching while on the forum like I used to be able to do. Bottom line, Vanilla STILL HASN'T FIXED THEIR PROBLEM.

President of Club Polk