Good things come to those who wait...

Options
TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
So, like many folks....the last couple of months have been a big kick in the beanbag. However, every once in awhile life throws you a bone.

So, I'm about to close escrow on possibly my best (non-Polkie, friend) hookup.

Was perusing Facebook Marketplace and a minty looking pair of 2.3tl's about 2 hours away for 500 bucks.

But wait (like the old Ronco ads would say)...THERE'S MORE. In the deal is a very nice looking Adcom GTP-500 pre and GFA 545 amp.

Now, assuming that I don't get a quick whiff of chloroform and a shovel to the back of the skull....I'm pretty excited about the deal.

Gotta love it when a plan comes together...

BDT
I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Congrats Troy!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    wear a mask and gloves; can't be too safe.

:)

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you pal, that's a good deal on the speakers alone.

That dreadnaught would be handy now ;)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    Options
    Cool deal, Hope you get it.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,878
    Options
    Send Russ as you... problem solved.
  • TroyD
    Options
    Re the dreadnaught....I know, right?

Rings, dynamite, x-over upgrades...the possibilities are endless.

So, long term....I've GOT to thin the herd and my days of shuffling speakers constantly are passed. Part of that is TLW ultimatum but, seriously....I got to get rid of some of this stuff.

I'm thinking I'll probably get the Quads repaired and move the Thiel's and the B&W Matrix 802's and the CRS's. Plus, I got to do something about the Amazings that have been sitting for better than a decade....

decisions, decisions...
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    VERY cool.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Your luck is like mine Troy. I hold on to something to use for something else for years because they're so "available" yet I never come across one. Years go by I sell it and BOOM dozens of them pop up.... Now I can't find the thing I sold because they're so rare....
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited April 2020
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    Re the dreadnaught....I know, right?

Rings, dynamite, x-over upgrades...the possibilities are endless.

So, long term....I've GOT to thin the herd and my days of shuffling speakers constantly are passed. Part of that is TLW ultimatum but, seriously....I got to get rid of some of this stuff.

I'm thinking I'll probably get the Quads repaired and move the Thiel's and the B&W Matrix 802's and the CRS's. Plus, I got to do something about the Amazings that have been sitting for better than a decade....

decisions, decisions...

Pretty sure you meant to type dynamat... but your idea would be cool too, just make sure the camera is rolling. B)

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • TroyD
    Options
    LOL stupid auto correct!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    Dynamite gets that PRaT right!